You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 178>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 5:02pm
Thought the same! Then you go on to the Brighton message boards and you would think he had a shocker! Much better than Maupay IMO. Looked dangerous but goes down too easy at times. 

Edited by Loc - 06 Feb 2021 at 5:03pm
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 8:24pm
Had a couple of chances but didn't score , that's about it really .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 10:53pm
Looked more of a threat than Trossard and Welbeck when they came on.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 1:30pm
I think Aaron will shine away from Brighton. Brighton play a style that will never suit him and he is often a scapegoat when he has actually played really well
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

I think Aaron will shine away from Brighton. Brighton play a style that will never suit him and he is often a scapegoat when he has actually played really well

Hopefully "away from Brighton" is in Belgrade next month Big smile

I agree though and feel he's our best attacking threat for the foreseeable unless one of the potentials suddenly turns potential into production.

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 1:54pm
Seems to be a bit of an easy target, played well yesterday and looked a threat, offered far more than any of the other Brighton forwards yesterday
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 2:02pm
He gets dogs abuse because he dives and wins penalties. but he never gets his runs picked out because potter puts so much emphasis on controlling games. He cant use his pace then because defences reset and doesnt have the physicality to get on the end of crosses into the box. He would be perfect for a team like Leicester a bit like the way Vardy uses his pace and Leicester feed him really fast. I still think the lad is class and will come very good for us like. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Seems to be a bit of an easy target, played well yesterday and looked a threat, offered far more than any of the other Brighton forwards yesterday
Thought he played well yesterday too.  Caused Burnley plenty of problems and got a few shots away.  One bad decision when he should have squared it instead of shooting but it's all part of the learning curve.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 9:42pm
Welbeck comes on ahead of Connolly with 10mins to go.

We really need to be considered minnows.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 9:55pm
Brighton's 26 shots at goal, 9 shots in target and 0 goals in his absence suggests that Connolly probably isn't the issue here.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Brighton's 26 shots at goal, 9 shots in target and 0 goals in his absence suggests that Connolly probably isn't the issue here.

Let's be honest given his record he's not really the solution either
Sideline View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sideline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Thought he played well yesterday too.  Caused Burnley plenty of problems and got a few shots away.  One bad decision when he should have squared it instead of shooting but it's all part of the learning curve.

Some poor decision making and lack of awareness  by Brighton players in the last third of the pitch this evening v Villa. They had enough possession to win that game but took wrong options around the goal.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 10:02pm
I always feel that Connolly is the scapegoat for a lot of things.  When has he actually been given a proper run in the team. Meaupy for me is really really poor if you take out the penalties his goals per game ratio is very bad yet he starts nearly every game.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 10:03pm
Its hard to be a striker these days. The old type out and out striker is almost gone at the moment. If your in a front 3 you might be out on the wing half the time. Unless your a Kane or a Lewandowski...a top top striker there aren't that many guys banging in the goals these days. Take a Rashford for example. 10 years ago say he may have been in a two upfront and maybe scored 20 to 25 goals a season. Now if you get a game if you dont score your chances are not what they may have been. What im saying is its tough. If Connolly was playjng week in week out he may be scoring a decent amount. I think hes a very god player. He would be a starter every week in most if not all championship teams i would say.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Let's be honest given his record he's not really the solution either

He has only been given the full 90 minutes twice all season by Potter so it's impossible to know really. Impossible for him to develop when he's constantly being dropped, subbed off or given token minutes late in the game week after week.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 10:16pm
Not being critical of Connolly, I think he's probably our best player at the moment. Which makes for bad realisation.

he's not a regular starter for a Brighton team that are an OK Premier league team at best. I know he's been injured recently but still. He has however developed better that all the other "best prospects" 

Kenny will select a squad in a few weeks and its not going to be great. Think its going to be two years before we see some improvements

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Welbeck comes on ahead of Connolly with 10mins to go.

We really need to be considered minnows.

Our players have rarely been in such poor form, not much hope out there 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 10:20pm
Connolly has to start every game for us as long as hes fit. Has to. I think he has quality. He will have a good career i think.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 178>
  Share Topic