Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 178>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 5:31pm
So he wins the free kick and penalty leading to Brightons goals, and some are still complaining? Jesus, try recognise a good thing when it comes along, we've a serious player on our hands.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by farfar farfar wrote:

Did well whenever he had the ball. Made some good runs but wasn't picked out. Brighton's midfield struggled for the majority of the game to make a creative pass. That video makes it look like he went down by a push. His ankle was stood on and went the other way. Certainly wasn't a dive.

I watched it about 10 times, he wasn't touched and the defender didn't stand on his foot, yet he falls clutching his shin.

Let's call it for what it is.

What are people looking at? Keane trods on Connollys heel/ankle area. There is clear contact and it's awful defending. Claiming Connolly dived is nonsense.

I don't see it in that clip anyway.

They literally showed it about 10 times. If you did watch it, I genuinely don't know how you possibly could of missed it...
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 5:34pm
I don't see it in that clip either. The tv angle can be deceptive. I was watching the match live on NBC. It's clear he trod on his heel. It's abysmal defending.

The only question in such a scenario is whether there's a decent amount of contact or has he barely touched him. That's another issue with VAR, deciding on the weight of contact is almost impossible so if a player feels contact they should definitely go down. It more or less encourages going down at the slightest touch.

In this instance though the contact was heavy enough imo. That donkey Keane steps on him with his massive clown feet.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

He was definitely stood on. Very surprised it was given though.

It's another problem with VAR. Players will go down at the slightest touch. VAR really can't judge the speed of the collision or the weight of the contact.

Here, I think it's a fair enough call though. The donkey walked on the back of Connollys heel.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 5:37pm
Some of the nonsense posted on here! You'd swear he was getting dropped to the reserves never to see the 1st team again LOL

2 assists today Clap
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 5:39pm
In an awful Brighton performance, he could do no more than he did. Won the free kick and penalty for 2 goals. Made 1/2 good passes and won numerous free kicks easing the pressure on Brighton.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 5:39pm
Getting kicked or slightly trodden on a couple of times doesn't necessarily constitute an effective attacking performance. If we want to pick someone up front  just for their ability to get fouled a lot might as well revert to Shane Long
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Getting kicked or slightly trodden on a couple of times doesn't necessarily constitute an effective attacking performance. If we want to pick someone up front  just for their ability to get fouled a lot might as well revert to Shane Long

Did you watch the game?
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 5:42pm

Wow.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

So he wins the free kick and penalty leading to Brightons goals, and some are still complaining? Jesus, try recognise a good thing when it comes along, we've a serious player on our hands.

Absolutely.

The mark of a game winner is to have a poor game but contribute significantly to the score line. 

If he wins us a free kick in shooting distance and a peno against Denmark he’ll have done more than most of our team. 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 6:02pm

Did you watch the game?
As far as my stream permitted yes. Seemed to be all Everton til the very end
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 6:09pm
Whatever about it being a penalty or not is debatable.... But to say he wasn't stood on, accidentally or not, is simply wrong. Wait until match of the day for proper angles and dont base your opinion on one angle recorded from a T.V screen on phone camera.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Whatever about it being a penalty or not is debatable.... But to say he wasn't stood on, accidentally or not, is simply wrong. Wait until match of the day for proper angles and dont base your opinion on one angle recorded from a T.V screen on phone camera.

I was watching as it was being reviewed on soccer saturday, Matt letissier  thought it was a penalty, the referee thought it was a penalty, VAR thought it was a penalty. So I'm going to go with penalty.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 6:30pm

Did you watch the game?
As far as my stream permitted yes. Seemed to be all Everton til the very end

I'm not sure what you expect Connolly to do when as you've just said yourself Everton totally dominated play. He did more than enough today considering the lack of support he received from Brighton's midfielders.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 6:36pm
Service to the front two was non-existent, did well in my opinion
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Service to the front two was non-existent, did well in my opinion
Brightons midfield was awful today and misplaced about 40 passes to Connolly. Maupay was shocking and his movement is terrible and fairly selfish. Everything that went up to Connolly he made stick, took players on and won freekicks, its a good sign when a player has to be fouled a lot. He got no service and still made things happen. The only take away today is that Mooy and Trossard are big losses to brighton and the creators in the midfield. Im fairly confident Connolly will get into double figures in his first year in the PL. He is excellent off the ball.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 11:07am
Connolly looked dangerous for a poor attacking team and won valuable frees and respites.
And two assists.
Was a peno no doubt...he was turning and his foot was pinned to the ground under the def's foot.
Accidental and harsh, but a peno in my eyes.
He's a very exciting, direct player and I'd have him in the starting 11 without a doubt.
Bobilla1 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobilla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 10:50pm
Breaking news!!  https://socceronsunday.com/article/aaron-connolly-retires-from-international-football/ 

Edited by Bobilla1 - 04 Nov 2019 at 10:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 178>
  Share Topic