You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 150151152153154 178>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 10:30pm
he done well,suits him out wide much more where he can get space...he did miss a good 1v1 in the first half alrite,did well tho
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 4:53am
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 2:59pm
Jayney Mack, censorship for alluding to the lad's off the field antics Embarrassed
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 3:01pm
What a weird obsession.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/hull-city-ratings-sheffield-united-8057632?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

"Arguably City's brightest at Bramall Lane. He looked bright on the ball and looked to make things happen. 7 "

Fairplay to the lad! Needs to continue putting in a shift and do the basics for them! Will go a long way to getting a loan with them again next year which I think is a reasonable aim if he can put himself about there!
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 5:12pm
good to see him getting going in the championship.  Sounds like he is working hard.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 5:03pm

That’s down to me and that’s stuff I’ve not been professional enough about. That mindset has completely flipped and if I can take anything positive from that Italy move, it’s that side of the game off the pitch, I had to get used to a different environment and just work. *There was a lot of running in Italy* but I’m starting to enjoy that bit of it as well, the professional side

Didn't this numbskull give an interview remarkably similar to this one before fu cking up his Italian loan though   ?  

A lot of running in Italy, Jesus wept lads ..... what a moron. 

& for the deluded remaining few on here refusing to accept any of his decline is professionalism related, he has just said so himself. So that ends that.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

That’s down to me and that’s stuff I’ve not been professional enough about. That mindset has completely flipped and if I can take anything positive from that Italy move, it’s that side of the game off the pitch, I had to get used to a different environment and just work. *There was a lot of running in Italy* but I’m starting to enjoy that bit of it as well, the professional side

Didn't this numbskull give an interview remarkably similar to this one before fu cking up his Italian loan though   ?  

& for the deluded remaining few on here refusing to accept any of his decline is professionalism related, he has just said so himself. So that ends that.

Yeah, he seems immature. The kind of immaturity you would often see manifest itself in pointless name calling. 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Yeah, he seems immature. The kind of immaturity you would often see manifest itself in pointless name calling. 

Uuuuuuu  such maturity there, you're an example of how all humanity should be. Bit of sand in your vagina making you cranky but you'll pull through and continue to shine & lead by example I'm sure.
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 5:39pm
Scissors you're embarrassing yourself.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Scissors you're embarrassing yourself.

You want some too Bukowski  ?  Doya  ?   LOL
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 6:03pm

You can't say that now chief, the barrister will be along soon to threaten you with court over your spurious allegations against the poor boy. Then someone else is going to quote his accumulated salary to prove all he has done in the game. And then finally you'll be reminded that he just needs a bit of time to get settled before he starts banging them in like Gerd Muller. And whatever you do, don't mention his unprofessional carry on outside of the game, that's not relevant apparently LOLLOL

Edited by dangere_here - 24 Jan 2023 at 6:03pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 6:07pm

He did indeed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LifjR_6LlHo
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 6:18pm
Like most things, the middle-ground is where the truth is but you don't get laughs or outrage in there.
The hyperbole by some on here is embarrassing.

The facts about Connolly are simple - he's had several mostly dismal loans and now he on a new one, which can only be judged by its own merits.
So far, so OK...he played well the other night but it doesn't add up to much.

Whether he is actually good enough for the Championship is up for debate.  The 'Boro loan suggested he wasn't then.  Maybe he is now...maybe he never will be.
Italy didn't work out at all. 

It's easy to sl*g him personally, take delight in him failing and blame his baseball cap or accent of girlfriend.
But failed he has and for me, it's because he wasn't good enough.  I don't care much why or wish to speculate based on a stories from a mate down the pub or old photos, but he has a real chance now to put those failures behind him.  He may very well fail again, fall out of the starting XI and dawdle away the rest of the season.  
In which case it adds to the notion that he's simply not good enough.

Edited by Fozz - 24 Jan 2023 at 6:19pm
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Like most things, the middle-ground is where the truth is but you don't get laughs or outrage in there.
The hyperbole by some on here is embarrassing.

The facts about Connolly are simple - he's had several mostly dismal loans and now he on a new one, which can only be judged by its own merits.
So far, so OK...he played well the other night but it doesn't add up to much.

Whether he is actually good enough for the Championship is up for debate.  The 'Boro loan suggested he wasn't then.  Maybe he is now...maybe he never will be.
Italy didn't work out at all. 

It's easy to sl*g him personally, take delight in him failing and blame his baseball cap or accent of girlfriend.
But failed he has and for me, it's because he wasn't good enough.  I don't care much why or wish to speculate based on a stories from a mate down the pub or old photos, but he has a real chance now to put those failures behind him.  He may very well fail again, fall out of the starting XI and dawdle away the rest of the season.  
In which case it adds to the notion that he's simply not good enough.

Even though Brighton, who have been proven to have a very good eye for a player, player development and signings Fozz, saw fit to give him chance after chance after chance & they were seeing him every day & now we have the player himself saying his professionalism wasn't up to standard  ?    It really does point to off field rather than on field surely  ...  I mean the player himself is saying so now. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 6:40pm

Even though Brighton, who have been proven to have a very good eye for a player, player development and signings Fozz, saw fit to give him chance after chance after chance & they were seeing him every day & now we have the player himself saying his professionalism wasn't up to standard  ?    It really does point to off field rather than on field surely  ...  I mean the player himself is saying so now. 

I'm not denying it is off-field distractions (let's be generous) causing his on-field woes, but all that interests me is is the on-field stuff.
And he's been poor for his clubs, while I thought he was very good in the two U21 playoffs.

On his day, playing wide left, he's an exciting attacking player.
I don't believe he has the presence to play central unless in a two, but he's played there a lot and for me, matches pass him by.

I'd like to see him given a run in a team who play an attacking three, with Connolly left, and see if he revives his for from a few years back.  Maybe he won't and so be it.  In that case we can all leave him at it, playing at some low level and he can do what he likes on and off the field and very few people will care.
But if he has aspirations of ever getting another cap, he'll need to refind that form.

And yes, to get to that level and get games ahead of our other forwards, he'll need 100% focus and no off-field distractions as the competition for forward places in upcoming squads looks to be getting tougher and tougher.

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

I'm not denying it is off-field distractions (let's be generous) causing his on-field woes, but all that interests me is is the on-field stuff

But it's off field standards  /  professionalism which informs on field potential ceiling. Training, development, discipline, dedication allied to ones given talent. What you're saying there is like wanting nice weather but not seeing sunshine as relevant to that. 
Luder View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 7:36pm
Seems to me that as a talented kid he didn't have to put much work in to be the best on the pitch and score goals for fun, and enjoying the ego trip of it all. But senior football is a different beast and he hasn't been able for it. Too much serotonin from the off-field party lifestyle and not enough from the hard training sessions. He just didn't want to have to put the work in. Whether he can pull it out of the fire now is the question.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 150151152153154 178>
  Share Topic