Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 149150151152153 178>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

How did Connolly actually do the other day when he came on does anyone know? 

Don’t be silly asking that
His accent or what he was wearing after the game is more important on here 
Sponsored Links

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Don’t be silly asking that
His accent or what he was wearing after the game is more important on here 
He had his cap on backwards according to one of the fellas I drink with. Shocking stuff altogether 
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 5:15pm

According to the YBIG ratings 

Aaron Connolly (Hull) 5 

Not sure he touched the ball in the first 10 minutes on the field.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Everyone can agree his attitude might not be where it should be at but that's not to say he can't turn that around.

This is where I respectfully disagree, if he was going to, he would have turned in around long before now. The attitude is the core of the problem according to a fella I drink with it's a long term thing, not something that can be coached out of him. 

It might just be a sorry reflection on our dire striking options that plenty of lads here still think he is savour in situ, who just didn't get a lucky break. He needs to take a leaf out of Jack Byrne's book in my view. 

The lad you drink with doesn't go by the name Connolly by any chance?
Does he have an English accent?

Somebody else here was having a go at his accent, I couldn't care less what accent he has. However his lack of form and commitment on the pitch, his carry on off it and indeed his questionable Galway ghetto dress sense are fair game in my opinion. You won't see anyone having a go at Idah, Shane Long or Seanie McGuire because those lads are a class act and a credit to how they carry themselves. 

Edited by dangere_here - 18 Jan 2023 at 5:20pm
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 5:35pm

Oh I couldn't care less about AC's antics off the pitch

However his lack of form and commitment on the pitch, his carry on off it and indeed his questionable Galway ghetto dress sense are fair game in my opinion.

Postcode in disguise
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 5:50pm

Everyone can agree his attitude might not be where it should be at but that's not to say he can't turn that around.

This is where I respectfully disagree, if he was going to, he would have turned in around long before now. The attitude is the core of the problem according to a fella I drink with it's a long term thing, not something that can be coached out of him. 

It might just be a sorry reflection on our dire striking options that plenty of lads here still think he is savour in situ, who just didn't get a lucky break. He needs to take a leaf out of Jack Byrne's book in my view. 

Somebody else here was having a go at his accent, I couldn't care less what accent he has. However his lack of form and commitment on the pitch, his carry on off it and indeed his questionable Galway ghetto dress sense are fair game in my opinion. You won't see anyone having a go at Idah, Shane Long or Seanie McGuire because those lads are a class act and a credit to how they carry themselves. 

"Someone else" Embarrassed
We're decent enough..
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

"Someone else" Embarrassed

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

I know I'm flogging a dead horse here but his accent genuinely makes me laugh out loud 

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

He picked up a Bronx accent over New year's. If he gets on a good run of form its only good news for us. Hopefully it works out.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 6:50pm
in the last few months never as much has been written about so little Confused
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 7:47pm

Apart from that time he shaved off his eyebrows and got his girlfriend to paint them back on.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 11:37pm

I couldn't care less about his accent either I just found the mate in the pub comment hilarious and was taking the piss
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Apart from that time he shaved off his eyebrows and got his girlfriend to paint them back on.

Careful now Hotlips or barrister O'Shea will have you up before a judge for libel LOL
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 7:02pm

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Careful now Hotlips or barrister O'Shea will have you up before a judge for libel LOL
Don't drag me into this! I'm not stupid. I know you can't get sued for making fun of someone's accent or criticising the ability of a player who was born in England. LOL
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 6:49pm
Connolly gets his first start for Hull tonight. Up against John Egan in the Sheffield United defence.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 8:28pm
lively so far
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 8:43pm
Supposedly looks good so far
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 9:27pm
Any updates on how he has done? They have made 4 subs now with 80mins gone and he is still on the field which is good. The full game will do him good.
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 9:28pm
from reading the live ticker he’s getting absolutely kicked around the place 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 9:45pm
Put himself about, got in a few scraps, no major chances came his way. But he was lively and put in a reasonable shift anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 149150151152153 178>
  Share Topic