You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 178>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 10:42am
That is a level of stupidity to rival Stephen Ireland. 
Sponsored Links

Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 10:42am
That's almost too bizarre to be believable.
I hope it's a wind-up by someone with good photoshop skills.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 10:45am
He's a wrong'un
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

'Maybe I did the wrong thing at times, and I wish I could have reacted differently to certain things' https://the42.ie/5647827

Seems like the penny might be starting to drop. 

Then goes and gets a tattoo of himself LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:01am
LOLLOL
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:10am
Ffs, that's the sort of tacky bs you might expect the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Neymar to do. LOLLOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 19 Jan 2022 at 11:12am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:21am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Ffs, that's the sort of tacky bs you might expect the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Neymar to do. LOLLOL

Nobody should get a tattoo of themselves, but if anybody would they are the kind of characters to do it. If they did though, as bad as it would be, at least they could argue that the tattoo is some sort of testament to what they have achieved in the game. By professional standards Connolly has achieved very little so far. I suppose on the up side, if he ever forgets who he is he has something there to remind him.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:24am
Absolutely unbelievable!
As well as being a stupid thing to do, the tattoo is of him in a Brighton jersey and his career there mightnt go much further. He'll look a bit daft next season playing for some club in L1 or championship and he's got a pic of himself in a Brighton kit on his arm!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:38am
A loan move to Middlesborough is now a massive milestone. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:42am
Tattoos are inherently stupid as a concept. There are loads of footballers with tattoos stupider than that one.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

A loan move to Middlesborough is now a massive milestone. 
LOL
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:44am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

'Maybe I did the wrong thing at times, and I wish I could have reacted differently to certain things' https://the42.ie/5647827

Seems like the penny might be starting to drop. 

Then goes and gets a tattoo of himself LOL

LOL
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Tattoos are inherently stupid as a concept. There are loads of footballers with tattoos stupider than that one.

Sorry. No. It takes a particular kind of idiot to get a tattoo of themselves. This is not about the quality or the design of the tattoo. Having said that, the fact that it's him in a Brighton jersey when he's just gone on loan to 'Boro just adds to it.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

That is a level of stupidity to rival Stephen Ireland. 

I was just going to say that he's the new Stephen ireland.

This lad will never play well at a high level consistently.

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Sorry. No. It takes a particular kind of idiot to get a tattoo of themselves. This is not about the quality or the design of the tattoo. Having said that, the fact that it's him in a Brighton jersey when he's just gone on loan to 'Boro just adds to it.

I think he's a loathsome human being as much as the next guy and I think tattoos are an exercise in peer pressure and vanity, but you have to look at it in context. The tattoo isn't so much representing a portrait or tribute to himself as it is a landmark or signpost in his career. 

Daniele De Rossi's leg tattoo is much worse. The various tattoos of footballs loads of footballers have are worse. Lads have got tattoos of guns! And let's not forget the generic tattoo starter kit of gorillas/apes/chimpanzees wearing headphones, gruesome clown crying tears, skull, owl, timepiece, et cetera.

You're more of an individual if you don't have them. I was very disappointed when Messi started getting them.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:19pm
why are people getting so upset about this? if he was skulling pints and passing out on the streets blind drunk then that would be fair enough. All he's done here is get an unoffensive tattoo something which is extremely common for kids these days. 

The lad is going to be a massive player for us over the next 10 years and will those who are posting snide comments be the same way when hes scoring goals for us?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:19pm
Not sure what to say Clown
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:35pm

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I think he's a loathsome human being as much as the next guy and I think tattoos are an exercise in peer pressure and vanity, but you have to look at it in context. The tattoo isn't so much representing a portrait or tribute to himself as it is a landmark or signpost in his career. 

Daniele De Rossi's leg tattoo is much worse. The various tattoos of footballs loads of footballers have are worse. Lads have got tattoos of guns! And let's not forget the generic tattoo starter kit of gorillas/apes/chimpanzees wearing headphones, gruesome clown crying tears, skull, owl, timepiece, et cetera.

You're more of an individual if you don't have them. I was very disappointed when Messi started getting them.

There are degrees of stupidity and all of those instances slot in pretty comfortably on the stupidity scale. The thing about this one is the level of ego needed to get a tattoo of yourself. I'd view this as being a very negative trait even in someone that has achieved a considerable amount in the game, but this lad is just starting out. As professional careers go he hasn't exactly set the World on fire, so I think to memorialize a career that has so far been less than stellar by getting a tattoo of himself, says a lot about his character.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 178>
  Share Topic