You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 177>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 10:21am
every genuine Irish supporter wants this lad to be the player we thought he could be. This seems one small step back to that. Hull manager & supporters really rate him; let’s see him repay that with games & goals for rest of season. Then who knows…he’s still a Brighton player, maybe their new manager will rate him. Either way a defo plus is all who have seen him play for hull talk about how hard he works, defo a good sign…

Edited by SeanC - 29 Jan 2023 at 10:21am
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 11:28am
The way it is with Connolly is he certainly seems like he has the tools to be a very good player for us and in a top league. He could very well turn out to be a good news story in the end and that is what we all hope for.
I think that is also why many people get frustrated when it's not going well for him because we just him to push on so bad.

Seems to be a good match with the manager so really looking forward to see how it goes. 

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 11:39am
He clearly has a very strong relationship with Rosenior, so he has gotten really lucky that Rosenior has ended up at Hull and has taken him on. That couldn't have worked out much better for him after the way the previous loans went. I don't know whether another Championship team would have considered him, possibly not. And yet he was the standout player on the field yesterday. Still a long way to go but he looks fit and in form, has the fans onside already and a positive relationship with the manager. Really needs to take this chance now.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 12:04pm
Two great goals innit. He should commemorate them with a tattoo on his neck.

In all seriousness, hopefully he keeps it up. He has far more potential than lads like Hogan, Keane and Robinson. Injuries permitting, with himself, Idah, Parrott, Ferguson, Ogbene and Obafemi knocking about, we have some decent options with good variety about them.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 12:14pm
I thought his knees were weak, arms were heavy but on the surface he looked calm and ready.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 12:43pm
The 2nd goal was excellent. He usually struggles with chances where he has time to think about it. Finished it like he was full of confidence. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 1:26pm
2 well taken goals & working hard by all accounts. Good to hear, hopefully he keeps it up for the rest of the season.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

I thought his knees were weak, arms were heavy but on the surface he looked calm and ready.

LOL
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 2:24pm
Lets be honest he has what it takes to be a very good player , now the problem is the 4 inches between his ears .

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Lets be honest he has what it takes to be a very good player , now the problem is the 4 inches between his ears .

4 inches?  Thats a small skull
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

2 well taken goals & working hard by all accounts. Good to hear, hopefully he keeps it up for the rest of the season.
Following on from a lively loan spell at Venezia as well. 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 4:07pm
I think he’s back with Lucinda 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 4:22pm
Football is gas...a few more goals over the next 2 months and he'll probably back in the squad, especially IF Ferguson is out
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 4:32pm
A few more goals and he's probably looking at starting!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 6:25pm
Made team of the week.

2 goals and he was involved in the other goal too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 8:06pm
Was watching PSG-Reims last night and was unbelievably impressed by Balogun who was for me the best player on the park. Coincidentally, he also had a poor loan spell with the ‘Boro last season. 

Point being, I think there is enough evidence to suggest that initial early loan spells in the rough and tumble of the Championship tend not to produce Roy of the Rovers performances from young #9s. 

Azza will come good. 🌹 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Was watching PSG-Reims last night and was unbelievably impressed by Balogun who was for me the best player on the park. Coincidentally, he also had a poor loan spell with the ‘Boro last season. 

Point being, I think there is enough evidence to suggest that initial early loan spells in the rough and tumble of the Championship tend not to produce Roy of the Rovers performances from young #9s. 

Azza will come good. 🌹 

100% both lads saw sense and moved further afield as opposed to going back to the likes of Middlesbrough. It worked for Balugun unfortunately the Venezia move didn’t work out for Connolly. He has referenced getting a big reality check from the move. 

We can have all the young attacking talent on the planet but if they are going to Preston Stoke Middlesbrough Wigan or bloody Millwall as the boy from Rovers did recently to play we won’t be producing top flight standard attackers. Can’t think of worse environments for young attackers to go to. Evan Ferguson is potentially a bit of a freak and is at the perfect environment in Brighton. 

Edited by kevin100 - 30 Jan 2023 at 11:40pm
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 11:06am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Azza will come good. 🌹 

100% both lads saw sense and moved further afield as opposed to going back to the likes of Middlesbrough. It worked for Balugun unfortunately the Venezia move didn’t work out for Connolly. He has referenced getting a big reality check from the move. 

We can have all the young attacking talent on the planet but if they are going to Preston Stoke Middlesbrough Wigan or bloody Millwall as the boy from Rovers did recently to play we won’t be producing top flight standard attackers. Can’t think of worse environments for young attackers to go to. Evan Ferguson is potentially a bit of a freak and is at the perfect environment in Brighton. 

Exactly bud 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 177>
  Share Topic