You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 177>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 8:17pm
Delighted for him. 
He seems to be happy, injury free, enjoying his football and playing with confidence
The hull manager, Rosenior, said in his after match interview that Connolly is not 100% fit yet either.
Hopefully we see more of these type of performances over the next 4 months. The more Irish players in form for March and June the better.
But at the same time one swallow doesn't mean a summer yet for Connolly.
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 9:17pm
Delighted for him some of the bile on here is way ott

Edited by gufct - 28 Jan 2023 at 9:17pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 9:24pm
Don’t want to knock the lad after the performance today but his interview made me cringe, seems like he has to mention he played in the PL at every single opportunity. Forget about saying at every opportunity and work your way back to that level 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Don’t want to knock the lad after the performance today but his interview made me cringe, seems like he has to mention he played in the PL at every single opportunity. Forget about saying at every opportunity and work your way back to that level 

And so the irrelevant criticisms of everything that are utterly unrelated to football begins LOL
We're decent enough..
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 9:30pm
Really really happy about this performance. Hopefully he can keep his head down now and crack on. His potential is as high as any of our strikers. Himself, obafemi and Ferguson would be some front 3
Here we go again
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 9:36pm

Only need comments on his accent and appearance now y complete the trifecta of nonsense 
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

And so the irrelevant criticisms of everything that are utterly unrelated to football begins LOL

Where is the criticism?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 9:52pm
He deserves some criticism for the last few years. Dosent mean we all dont want him to do well. The more players playing well the better for Ireland. 2 goals today. Its great for him.
I love beer gardens
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

He deserves some criticism for the last few years. Dosent mean we all dont want him to do well. The more players playing well the better for Ireland. 2 goals today. Its great for him.

100%. Rooting for him as we are in desperate need of a creative spark up the top end of the pitch. Some of the fanboys on here are embarrassing with the carry on
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 10:03pm
couldn’t be happier for the chap. Always through there was a player in there . Whatever happened happened and things didn’t really work out for him. Hope he kicks on
Here we go again, we're on the road again
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 10:12pm

Yeah, his failure to fulfill his potential really means he deserved the absolute crap about his appearance and accent he gets on here. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 10:32pm
Im pretty sure it was tame enuf stuff. And anyway anyone who goes to England and developes and English accent 5 seconds later deserves some stick. I know old timers that have been there most of their adult lives and not a hint.
I love beer gardens
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 10:39pm

Im pretty sure it was tame enuf stuff. And anyway anyone who goes to England and developes and English accent 5 seconds later deserves some stick. I know old timers that have been there most of their adult lives and not a hint.

He's been living in England for 7 years, since he was a 16 year old. And that's without even getting into the fact that you would have to be unaware of what an English person actually sounds like to mistake his accent as genuinely English. The whole critism is just stupid, irrelevant, and tiresome anyway.

Edited by The O'Shea - 28 Jan 2023 at 10:39pm
We're decent enough..
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 11:01pm
If he starts speaking in a Hull accent in a few weeks you gotta eat your words LOL
I love beer gardens
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

couldn’t be happier for the chap. Always through there was a player in there . Whatever happened happened and things didn’t really work out for him. Hope he kicks on

This.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 1:53am
Tbf I think when he got his move to Italy he realised he needed to put his head down unfortunately it didn't work out for him but during that spell he accepted an Irish u21 call up when he easily could have said fcuk that a few more good performance and he should manage a senior call up this time around.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 6:36am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Tbf I think when he got his move to Italy he realised he needed to put his head down unfortunately it didn't work out for him but during that spell he accepted an Irish u21 call up when he easily could have said fcuk that a few more good performance and he should manage a senior call up this time around.

I agree with this, the fact that he accepted the u21 call and the way he went about it seems to contradict the theory of him only being concerned about his tat stats etc
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 8:01am
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

One of the lads down the pub said he was great today

Must be true then..
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 177>
  Share Topic