You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 177>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Has he the mentality to settle down at any level now?
I'm inclined to say no. Even though he spoke well in that interview a few months back I think he's just saying what Brighton and fans want to hear. He seems to have been taken in by the money and the status of playing for big clubs and I don't think he's humble enough to go play at L1.

Then again, he did accept the call for the u21 playoffs and acquitted himself fairly well so who knows. I think we can all agree that it's bitterly disappointing that things have gone this way, I thought this lad was gonna be a 15 goal a season PL striker by now.

He didn't just acquit himself "fairly well" for the 21s. He was the best player on the pitch the first game. 
Sponsored Links

ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 7:22am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

I'm inclined to say no. Even though he spoke well in that interview a few months back I think he's just saying what Brighton and fans want to hear. He seems to have been taken in by the money and the status of playing for big clubs and I don't think he's humble enough to go play at L1.

Then again, he did accept the call for the u21 playoffs and acquitted himself fairly well so who knows. I think we can all agree that it's bitterly disappointing that things have gone this way, I thought this lad was gonna be a 15 goal a season PL striker by now.

He didn't just acquit himself "fairly well" for the 21s. He was the best player on the pitch the first game. 

If he wasn’t the best player on the pitch something would be up . Had been playing championship and premier league for a few years at that stage. Hopefully this is the kick up the hole he needs or else he’ll be back home wondering what could have been before long
Here we go again, we're on the road again
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

I watched that game. It's debatable that he was the best player for us let alone the best player on the pitch.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

He'll be in the LOI next year. This lad has fallen off a cliff, I hope I'm wrong!

A lot of people think the same here in Galway , just hope he picks a better club to play for maybe Athlone could help him . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

He'll be in the LOI next year. This lad has fallen off a cliff, I hope I'm wrong!

A lot of people think the same here in Galway , just hope he picks a better club to play for maybe Athlone could help him . 
But Murph, is he not contracted to Brighton until the end of 23/24? If true (Sportrac), he'll earn £1.2m next season culminating in £4.8m over the contract. How much will Brighton need to subsidise while Aaron is showing off his tats in The Quays?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 11:51am
Insane money he's on relative to the standard he's been at for most of that contract. I hope he has someone telling him to put away as much as he can now, because he might not see income like that ever again. He probably won't, but if he did manage that money responsibly, he could just retire rather than playing lower league or LoI if that ends up being his level. Why would you bother for a few hundred a week?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 11:55am

Insane money he's on relative to the standard he's been at for most of that contract. I hope he has someone telling him to put away as much as he can now, because he might not see income like that ever again. He probably won't, but if he did manage that money responsibly, he could just retire rather than playing lower league or LoI if that ends up being his level. Why would you bother for a few hundred a week?
Yeah. As long as he has people managing his money properly, I'd say he'll be retired by the time he's 30. I'd say there's more chance of him parlaying the Lucinda Strafford media attention into a reality TV career than there is of him playing in the Championship or higher again TBH.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

But Murph, is he not contracted to Brighton until the end of 23/24? If true (Sportrac), he'll earn £1.2m next season culminating in £4.8m over the contract. How much will Brighton need to subsidise while Aaron is showing off his tats in The Quays?

Not sure what will become of him Brick , now as a rule the Galway crew are a clicky bunch but he is not liked too many stories which can't all be bull .

Just needs a manager who would kick him up the Ying Yang as he has it but he is not using his talent .

Reminds me of Jamaine Pennent really . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 1:36pm

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Not sure what will become of him Brick , now as a rule the Galway crew are a clicky bunch but he is not liked too many stories which can't all be bull .

Just needs a manager who would kick him up the Ying Yang as he has it but he is not using his talent .

Reminds me of Jamaine Pennent really . 

I think if he comes to LOI he's finished. He will probably do relatively well without kicking on much attitude wise. Big fish in a small pond, and I would guess that is exactly what he doesn't need to be.

He needs to stay in England and get a run of games, even if that is League 1
It's not me it's you:-)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 9:18am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 9:30am
LOL

What a waster
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 9:55am
Serie B is a muck league it seems, but this is a another negative for him.  Hopefully a Championship club can come in for him.  The guy runs his socks off on the pitch every game I see him in, but maybe he is just not good enough.  Bar the 2 goals against Spurs on his first start he's not done much.  
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 4:17pm
Aaron Connolly's last two goals for Brighton were both from Alexis MacAllister assists, just over a year ago. Bit of a divergence in career paths for the two of them in the space of 15 months.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 8:33pm

Aaron Connolly's last two goals for Brighton were both from Alexis MacAllister assists, just over a year ago. Bit of a divergence in career paths for the two of them in the space of 15 months.

2 young Fenians 
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 9:07pm

Amazing. Here's hoping Aaron really gets his act together. It's a short hop.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Confirmed that Venezia will be terminating the loan early.

i understand that venezia brought a new manager in so its not necessarily connolly's fault that he didnt see much game time. important thing for aaron that he find a stable club with a manager that will believe in him. i think ther is still a place for him at brighton their squad isn't particularly strong and the change to play will come. we know he can do it at this level, a goal or two would do the world for his confidence.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 1:49pm
Brighton are currently 7th in the PL. Their squad is clearly strong and of course now includes a World Cup winning midfielder, Cushendall man Alexis MacAllister. Much as I would like to see Connolly come good I think he has blown his chance there and he will probably need to drop down a league or two and fight his way back.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 1:49pm
Hard to believe he's still only 22 Shocked
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 177>
  Share Topic