You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 177>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 2:33pm
At the very least their new manager is not bothered hanging round for him to get fit, that is if you are stubborn / gullible enough to believe its injury related.

Edited by exgrad - 29 Nov 2022 at 4:36pm
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 3:16pm
He will be back in England for January. Loan move to L1 likely destination you would imagine 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 9:17pm
people speculating on some dubious translated articles.

maybe we should wait for some official confirmation before putting him in the dustbin?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

maybe we should wait for some official confirmation before putting him in the dustbin?

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aaron-connolly-future-venezia-brighton-7901406?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Venezia's club chairman Duncan Niederauer has spoken about what is next for the Seagulls forward. He said how the young Irishman has struggled to adapt at his loan club and discussions will be held with the Sussex outfit over what comes next for him.

“Connolly? The player isn’t injured, he was, but he’s fine now, he’s had some adaptation difficulties. We will talk to Brighton in January to find a solution. In January and June, we will do several operations,” Niederauer said, via TuttoMercatoWeb.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Leeds, man utd & man city all looking to sign him

This shout was from almost 4 years ago. Things havent really worked out all that great for AC since then
El Puto Amo
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 2:25pm
calling this guy a moron wouldnt be harsh enough. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aaron-connolly-future-venezia-brighton-7901406?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Venezia's club chairman Duncan Niederauer has spoken about what is next for the Seagulls forward. He said how the young Irishman has struggled to adapt at his loan club and discussions will be held with the Sussex outfit over what comes next for him.

“Connolly? The player isn’t injured, he was, but he’s fine now, he’s had some adaptation difficulties. We will talk to Brighton in January to find a solution. In January and June, we will do several operations,” Niederauer said, via TuttoMercatoWeb.
He's basically saying he's been sh*te, and the loan hasn't worked out for either party, in a diplomatic way.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 07 Dec 2022 at 3:59pm
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 2:51pm
He'll be in the LOI next year. This lad has fallen off a cliff, I hope I'm wrong!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 5:00pm
i think a return to brighton might be for the best. the venezia manager who brought him in was sacked and its probably just a personality clash with the new boss. brighton arent exactly flush with strikers and he will get a chance at a much higher level. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 5:11pm

i think a return to brighton might be for the best. the venezia manager who brought him in was sacked and its probably just a personality clash with the new boss. brighton arent exactly flush with strikers and he will get a chance at a much higher level. 

That plus they also brought in 2 very experienced Internationals in his position(s) who are doing well there.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 5:16pm

Can imagine if he came back he might well be loaned out again.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Can imagine if he came back he might well be loaned out again.

Yeah Andy Moran would probably have a better chance of getting minutes in the senior team than Connolly.

Brighton aren't that poor off in the striker department that they'd be looking at Connolly as someone that could add something when he hasn't really added anything since his debut season

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 7:46pm
He's the next Robbie Keane.

Getting paid for sitting on his arse doing nothing
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 8:01pm
A loan move back home, maybe to Rovers, from January until the summer might benefit him
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

A loan move back home, maybe to Rovers, from January until the summer might benefit him

I think that would be his only real option in Ireland. Basically hes done nothing of note since his 2 goals in that game was it against Spurs and thats fooking yonks ago. 
I love beer gardens
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I think that would be his only real option in Ireland. Basically hes done nothing of note since his 2 goals in that game was it against Spurs and thats fooking yonks ago. 
The weird thing is that he actually looked really impressive in several cameos before that Spurs game. His form started tapering off soon after that and now it's dropped off a cliff. I don't think he's ever been as consistent as he was right at the beginning when he broke into the team. Captain Hindsight here but Potter probably should've held him in reserve more after that instead of letting the chap buy his own hype, which he clearly did. The relationship with that girl is clearly having a detrimental effect on his career as well, especially given he's in Italy. Granted, Connolly could be in Myanmar right now teaching Cockney to a tribe of indigenous people and it sounds like Venezia would be none the wiser about it such is their clear lack of interest in his whereabouts.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 9:35pm
A long way from his initial target to be the top scorer in Serie B this season. Was a phenomenal PL2 player, and was a real handful for his first 10 or so Premier League appearances, and was excellent for Ireland under 21s for a period as well. But once he got that big EPL contract at Brighton his attitude seemed to change and it's just been downhill all the way since then.

Where next - League 1 or Scotland maybe? Has he the mentality to settle down at any level now?
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Has he the mentality to settle down at any level now?
I'm inclined to say no. Even though he spoke well in that interview a few months back I think he's just saying what Brighton and fans want to hear. He seems to have been taken in by the money and the status of playing for big clubs and I don't think he's humble enough to go play at L1.

Then again, he did accept the call for the u21 playoffs and acquitted himself fairly well so who knows. I think we can all agree that it's bitterly disappointing that things have gone this way, I thought this lad was gonna be a 15 goal a season PL striker by now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 177>
  Share Topic