Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 177>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

What's the craic with this joker?

I read on social media site that he's back with the Mrs which means he's back in the UK.
what has his personal life got to do with this ffs?

Connolly was just starting to hit some form with venezia and the u21s before the injury. once he gets back and fit i am confident hes going to have a major impact on his loan. 

His personal life is ultimately his downfall. I wasn't aware that he was injured, hence my question.

I don't think he was hitting any form to be fair - 5 appearances, no goals or assists.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:19pm
Just noticed the Venezia manager was sacked there 2 weeks ago (was looking at what managers were out of work LOL)
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 9:17pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 9:25pm

ITs in Eye-Talian son.  Can;t understand a word of it.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 9:30pm
No good news regarding Aaron Connolly 's return to Venice . The 2000-born footballer hasn't taken the field with the Lagunari since last September 11, when the Winged Lions came out defeated from the SPAL field , and has made just 5 appearances in an orange-and-green shirt. Connolly has never left the infirmary since the Ferrara debacle and his return continues to slip As reported by Il Gazzettinothe lack of clarity on the physical conditions of the Irishman would be the signal of his possible farewell already in the next transfer market in January. The most accredited hypothesis would in particular be that of an early return to Brighton of Roberto De Zerbi , the club from which Connolly has been on loan since last summer. Furthermore, mister Paolo Vanoli, after reiterating that Venice's goal must remain salvation, did not give any certainties about Connolly 's return among the available players.

Edited by McG - 27 Nov 2022 at 9:31pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 9:33pm
LOL

This chap will be back in the LOI in no time

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

LOL

Due to being injured?
We're decent enough..
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

LOL

Due to being injured?

What's the injury?
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

LOL

Due to being injured?

What's the injury?

Cirrhosis of the liver.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 9:53pm

LOL

Due to being injured?

What's the injury?

You tell me, it's your translation of the article that clearly states that there is some injury/fitness issue.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 9:57pm

LOL

Due to being injured?

What's the injury?

Drive by shooting from boyz in the hood

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 10:03pm

No good news regarding Aaron Connolly 's return to Venice . The 2000-born footballer hasn't taken the field with the Lagunari since last September 11, when the Winged Lions came out defeated from the SPAL field , and has made just 5 appearances in an orange-and-green shirt. Connolly has never left the infirmary since the Ferrara debacle and his return continues to slip As reported by Il Gazzettinothe lack of clarity on the physical conditions of the Irishman would be the signal of his possible farewell already in the next transfer market in January. The most accredited hypothesis would in particular be that of an early return to Brighton of Roberto De Zerbi , the club from which Connolly has been on loan since last summer. Furthermore, mister Paolo Vanoli, after reiterating that Venice's goal must remain salvation, did not give any certainties about Connolly 's return among the available players.

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 10:23pm

LOL

Due to being injured?

What's the injury?

You tell me, it's your translation of the article that clearly states that there is some injury/fitness issue.

Translation, attitude injury, we don’t want him.
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 11:09pm

LOL

Due to being injured?

What's the injury?

Translation, attitude injury, we don’t want him.

Translation - making things up to suit your pre-existing opinion? The article references "infirmary" (presumably meaning the treatment room), and "physical condition" (presumably meaning injury). If you have further details, please furnish us with them.
We're decent enough..
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 1:59am
Aaron's alternatives.

1. Get fit, get playing, get real.  

2. Get lost. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 8:22pm
Another source and direct quote from the new manager, sounds likes hes been frozen out unless its being lost in translation.

For the rest, how is the team, from a physical point of view?
“All the boys are fine, apart from Cuisance who we will evaluate in these hours. Connolly is training separately”.

http://notizieplus.it/palermo-venezia-fc-vanoli-dovremo-stare-attenti-soprattutto-alle-loro-ripartenze/
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Another source and direct quote from the new manager, sounds likes hes been frozen out unless its being lost in translation.

“All the boys are fine, apart from Cuisance who we will evaluate in these hours. Connolly is training separately”.

http://notizieplus.it/palermo-venezia-fc-vanoli-dovremo-stare-attenti-soprattutto-alle-loro-ripartenze/
Is it not normal for a player to train on their own if they're not yet ready for contact training?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

His absence was obviously not injury related, and I made that point at the time. He didn't make the matchday squad for their game against Pisa on 17/9 when he was fit and available. He then played 90 minutes in both playoff games against Israel a week later before making way in a strategic change at half-time of extra time in the second game. In the link I posted the manager was clearly evasive when asked about him. If the club want to move him on in January and there's still no official confirmation of a specific injury after two-and-a-half-months of him, in actuality, being frozen out while simultaneously playing for his country, then you have to be pretty stubborn to continue claiming it's injury related. 

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 28 Nov 2022 at 9:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 177>
  Share Topic