You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 134135136137138 177>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 4:12pm
I thought him playing for the u21s was a poor move from his point of view, and if he picked up an injury that makes it even worse.
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 4:51pm
If he hadn't played for the 21's, he'd have been slaughtered by most on here, who are already hyper sensitive to whatever he does. Sometimes you can't win.
We're decent enough..
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

I thought him playing for the u21s was a poor move from his point of view, and if he picked up an injury that makes it even worse.

He looked grand to me when it showed him on the bench after being substituted in the second leg. Didn't look injured at all, or if he was, it didn't look remotely serious.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

If he hadn't played for the 21's, he'd have been slaughtered by most on here, who are already hyper sensitive to whatever he does. Sometimes you can't win.

If he turned down the Irish U21s it could have been quite awhile before he saw any kind of Irish camp again unless he was tearing it up at club level.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 8:33pm
Is connolly injured or where is he
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 9:15pm
"Hasn't recovered" according to a recent Venezia press release. Seems to have picked up an injury with the U-21's.
We're decent enough..
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 10:00pm
Thumbs Up
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 4:11pm
Still nowhere to be seen on the football front. 
Back with the love island girl according to insta 
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 4:15pm
Will we ever get a decent forward again ffs
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

If we do, it'll be our grandchildren who reap the benefits.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 6:18pm

Tbh. its midfield where our real issues lie imo. We have 2 strikers in the Top 10 scorers in the Championship, 3 in the Top 20 (Hogan, Keane, Ogbene). Better off in that regard than we have been in quite a while I'd guess plus we have a number of talented young players breaking through. Meanwhile in midfield - Cullen, who is grand, Molumby 2nd lowest rated outfield player in the Championship to start 10 plus games and Knight who is still playing in L1. They have 1 goal and 3 assists in 40 odd starts between the 3 of them. Hendrick has 1 goal in 19, Browne 0 in 15, Smallbone 1 in 14.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Tbh. its midfield where our real issues lie imo. We have 2 strikers in the Top 10 scorers in the Championship, 3 in the Top 20 (Hogan, Keane, Ogbene). Better off in that regard than we have been in quite a while I'd guess plus we have a number of talented young players breaking through. Meanwhile in midfield - Cullen, who is grand, Molumby 2nd lowest rated outfield player in the Championship to start 10 plus games and Knight who is still playing in L1. They have 1 goal (Knight in L1) and 3 assists in 40 odd starts between the 3 of them. Hendrick has 1 goal in 19, Browne 0 in 15, Smallbone 1 in 14.

To put that in perspective Manning, Mc Clean and Dara O'Shea have 6 goals and 7 assists between the 3 of them in 52 starts.
Idah Dream!
Sheedy11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheedy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 9:17pm
He's got the talent.

Let's hope he cops on soon.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 2:57pm
What's the craic with this joker?

I read on social media site that he's back with the Mrs which means he's back in the UK.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 5:33pm
He was watching the Ronaldo interview last night instead of our game.......
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He was watching the Ronaldo interview last night instead of our game.......

I almost regret not doing the same.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I read on social media site that he's back with the Mrs which means he's back in the UK.
what has his personal life got to do with this ffs?

Connolly was just starting to hit some form with venezia and the u21s before the injury. once he gets back and fit i am confident hes going to have a major impact on his loan. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

what has his personal life got to do with this ffs?

Connolly was just starting to hit some form with venezia and the u21s before the injury. once he gets back and fit i am confident hes going to have a major impact on his loan. 

I dont think he is
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 134135136137138 177>
  Share Topic