You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 177>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:39pm

GP

The attitude was great, they showed respect to the opponent and worked really hard and Aaron's two finishes were the difference.

"I am really happy with him - he worked for the team as well.

Sponsored Links

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

2 in 2 for Connolly this season. 

Can't argue with the stats Clap

time for retirement perhaps LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:45pm
If ever lad needed a goal it was Connolly! Two is even better. Hopefully now he can follow this up by getting a good 30 mins or so off the bench at the weekend (Maupay/Welbeck will start after Leicester) and find some momentum. Keeping fit is important too. 

The 2nd goal was a cracking little goal too!

Edited by kevin100 - 22 Sep 2021 at 10:46pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:25pm
With the next international in about 2 and a half weeks it would be really great if connolly built on this great performance.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 5:34am
Great to see him score.

He's the most likely of any of our younger players to see any game time this season at a PL club. Unfortunately for him, both Welbeck and Maupay scored in the last league game. But if he can sort his head out and work on his finishing, he can definitely have an impact on Brighton's season.

As for the other young players mentioned in this thread, any one who thinks that it's better for their development to sit on the bench for a season instead of dropping a league on loan, regardless of the club they're at now, are completely and utterly delusional. Development will only happen with regular games.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:13am
Shows he can score against Championship teams. Clearly his level
Danger here, OH NO
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:34am
To be fair if we have a 21 year old player whose level is already someone who is capable of being a regular scorer at Championship level, that bodes well for the future. Most strikers don't peak until well into their 20s so hopefully he can develop into a regular scorer at a higher level in time.

My view is that Connolly unquestionably has the ability to go on and become a starting forward for a Premier League team within a few years. The issue is whether he can cut out the off the field nonsense that has the potential to derail his career.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 10:00am
Hopefully that'll kick start his EPL season now.

He took his goals well although the defending was suspectable.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 10:02am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

To be fair if we have a 21 year old player whose level is already someone who is capable of being a regular scorer at Championship level, that bodes well for the future. Most strikers don't peak until well into their 20s so hopefully he can develop into a regular scorer at a higher level in time.

My view is that Connolly unquestionably has the ability to go on and become a starting forward for a Premier League team within a few years. The issue is whether he can cut out the off the field nonsense that has the potential to derail his career.

Tend to agree with u. I don't doubt his ability. He just never looks like he is super fit, always cramping and gassed. I get the feeling that if he took his shirt off he'd look like meBeer rather than having a 6 pack

A super fit version of himself is well capable of playing at PL level.
It's not me it's you:-)
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 9:35pm
Gets 15mins from the bench 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 9:36pm
On a side note, welbeck offered absolutely nothing in the game

TraphadBalls View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraphadBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 9:47pm
Phew.. Good lad Aaron
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Let's be honest, Connolly didn't offer much more. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Let's be honest, Connolly didn't offer much more. 

Yep agreed, did very little.some good movement if I'm being generous...

Duffy had another great game, big man is back to his very best.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 10:00pm
Couple or times he was giving the option of a through ball pass but their player went with another option. Perhaps not fully trusted!

Then there was one bit of play where I was sure he was going to shoot widely at it but did the smart thing and laid it off but messed that up. Shot would have been better option in hindsight. 

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 10:32pm
I thought Brighton looked an awful like Ireland tonight in recent games, lot of passing, lot of possession, creating a couple decent chances from open play but just toothless upfront. 2nd half they just abandoned that plan and went with balls into the box to Duffy and Dunk as their plan B.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 10:35pm
10 or 15 minutes and the odd cup game will not help Connolly development and the same could be said for idah etc..they need a loan move with plenty of game time.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

10 or 15 minutes and the odd cup game will not help Connolly development and the same could be said for idah etc..they need a loan move with plenty of game time.

He's next in line after perhaps the most injury prone striker in the League in Welbeck, I certainly wouldn't be agitating for a move if I was him.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 177>
  Share Topic