You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 177>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:10pm
Scores again to make it 2-0.
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:11pm
2 goals.....yeeee hawwww. Were gonna win the world cup. Italia 90 here we commmmmmmeeeeee
I love beer gardens
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:16pm
Great stuff. Not on any channel on the dodgy box Angry
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:21pm
Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

[QUOTE=horsebox]He needs to play games, himself Idah and Parrott all need to be playing games so that they learn and develop, you don't do this sitting on the bench, fortunately Parrott is.

Connolly, Idah and Kelleher are making PL match day squads week in, week out, Parrot wasnt, Molumby wasnt, Hourihane wasnt, thus they went on loan. When they start getting omitted from match day squads then you may have a point. As things stand, their managers who pay their wages want them on their bench, Connolly is on 23k a week ffs. If Pukki, Sargent, Welbeck, Maupay, Alisson pick up injuries then these lads are next in line, meanwhile they are competing for those spots. While this remains the case for all 3 they should absolutely continue to work hard to try and force their way in to the first team. 

John you cant have it both ways. If as you suggest it is up to the players to show the manager why they should be in the team then Idah did little last night to convince Farke. You dismissed criticism of his performance as snipping and negativity yet Idah had a chance last night to say to the manager- don't leave me out. Same if Connolly starts tonight. This is PL level, you either stand out or you will sit on the bench as a back up or have to look at a loan to get some development.

What exactly did Tzolis do, he's one of Idah's competitors for a place and Pukki came off the bench and fluffed their best chance of the night. Idah wasnt great 6/10, but he was no worse than either playing against a "very good" centre back partnership. He has got on the pitch in 6 of Norwich's 7 games this season, so he has not exactly languishing in the reserves. BTW players dont just go and look at a loan, their managers decide whether or not the club need them first and foremost.

Connolly has given his manager food for thought which was my point. Idah was up against a very good centre back pairing but didn't really do enough to say to Farke- I deserve more game time. When you get a chance at this level as I say you have to make the most of it. Idah to me has potential but to realise it he needs to play. Of course he does. If he went to the manager and really pushed for a loan move he would get it.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:27pm
where are all the lads who said he was useless after the last window? Tongue

I assume kenny has to start him now vs the Azeri, maybe along side Will Keane cos Idah didn't score last night!

Seriously though, Connolly is the best of them if he keeps his head screwed on IMHO.
Idah Dream!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:31pm

I assume kenny has to start him now vs the Azeri, maybe along side Will Keane cos Idah didn't score last night!

Seriously though, Connolly is the best of them if he keeps his head screwed on IMHO.

What are ya on about. We all support our players but we say it as we see it. We could go all North Korea if you like. Idah scored a hatrick last night and played better than Pele. Does that make it better? If they have a bad game we say it. If they have a good game we say it. We support them regardless. Im delighted Connolly has scored 2 so far tonight. Im sure we all are.
I love beer gardens
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:46pm

Or

Maybe Swansea reserves is his level,  at this moment in time anyhow. 

Equally possible.  
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:49pm
2 in 2 for Connolly this season. 

Can't argue with the stats Clap
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Or

Maybe Swansea reserves is his level,  at this moment in time anyhow. 

Equally possible.  

No Connolly has the quality. He just needs to do it consistently. I think he might be the type of player if he gets on a roll could score a bunch of goals. I think he has the quality to cut it in the PL. Hope he keeps it up.
I love beer gardens
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:54pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

[QUOTE=horsebox]He needs to play games, himself Idah and Parrott all need to be playing games so that they learn and develop, you don't do this sitting on the bench, fortunately Parrott is.

Connolly, Idah and Kelleher are making PL match day squads week in, week out, Parrot wasnt, Molumby wasnt, Hourihane wasnt, thus they went on loan. When they start getting omitted from match day squads then you may have a point. As things stand, their managers who pay their wages want them on their bench, Connolly is on 23k a week ffs. If Pukki, Sargent, Welbeck, Maupay, Alisson pick up injuries then these lads are next in line, meanwhile they are competing for those spots. While this remains the case for all 3 they should absolutely continue to work hard to try and force their way in to the first team. 

Their making match day squads but doing very little else - if you think sitting on the bench is more beneficial for their development as opposed to playing games every single week then your simply wrong. 

Hourihane was making the Villa squads but is simply not good enough for the EPL. He's not a developing player either.

These lads are assets at three very well run clubs. Their managers are well aware of what they feel is best for their development. Klopp, Potter and Farke have all decided that they want these lads in and around their squads training daily with PL quality players. Now from a selfish Irish fan pov, yes maybe it would be better for us were they playing regularly, but let me assure you that all 3 of these managers are concerned with their assets long term development. I trust their opinion rather than yours.

This literally could not be further from the truth and it's very amusing how assured you are in this completely wrong stance.

Managers are looking out for themselves. Klopp will want a back-up keeper around that he knows won't drop a clanger avery game like Adrian did - even when letting Kelleher go out on loan would be far better for him. Because if Alisson is injured, Kelleher is gone and Adrian steps in and Liverpool lose in an important game, Klopp gets the stick. So he is more than happy to sacrifice Kellehers development to have something reliable behind the 'break in case of emergency glass'.

Farke is with a team that is reluctant to spend money and if he lets Idah go, does he get a replacement in? Very doubtful. Who is going to happily come in as 3rd/4th choice striker at Norwich? May as well keep Idah around just in case he is needed and if he needs to give the main lads a rest.

There is absolutely no question that regular game time is the most important thing in a players development and how you have convinced yourself that lads hanging around the reserves and getting 3 or 4 minutes every few weeks is a good thing is beyond me.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:47pm
Yeah, 3 of the best development coaches in the Prem don't care about their players development. And covid is just bad flu!
Idah Dream!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:57pm

Yeah, 3 of the best development coaches in the Prem don't care about their players development. And covid is just bad flu!

They care more about themselves and keeping their jobs 1st and foremost. This is the real world John. 
I love beer gardens
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

They care more about themselves and keeping their jobs 1st and foremost. This is the real world John. 

I understand the real world bud. Aaron's on 23k a week, that's the real world! Not ye and your better off playing in League One fantasies!
Idah Dream!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:12pm
Not sure why you keep mentioning his wages. 
I love beer gardens
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:14pm
His second goal.was a really good finish.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Not sure why you keep mentioning his wages. 

Not sure why you mentioned the real world which I happen to inhabit!
Idah Dream!
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:19pm
Took the second goal really well, first was a deflection but still a good goal. Both similar, aaron is at his best when the ball is played in quick and he has a run at the defender
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 177>
  Share Topic