Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 177>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 8:55am
Yep if he dropped down to the Championship i think is the best idea for him , funny i would like to see him as a winger as he has pace to burn defenders
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Plenty of time for him yet, he has done more than many others had at his age who have gone on to have good careers since. Even looking at this season's premier league the likes of Ings, Bamford, Callum Wilson, Antonio, Adams, Watkins etc didn't achieve much until they were 22 or much older in some cases. Connolly has only recently turned 21.

I think half the problem is that some Irish supporters expect every young Irish forward to be ready at 19 like Robbie Keane was and then write them off if they're not. But it doesn't happen like that, and Keane probably wouldn't even have broken through to the same extent at that age if he was a young player now. 

The other half of the problem is that we're desperate for good forwards to come through so unfair pressure is out on the developing lads because we produced next to nothing from the groups born between 1993 and 1997. That's a five year hole that we're stuck with for a while unfortunately, we have so few good players aged between 24 and 28.

Connolly needs regular games next season and it doesn't look like he'll get them at Brighton. So a loan for a year would be best for all parties here I think.

As it stands we will have 1 player Jimmy Dunne between the ages 23-28 playing PL football next year. Swansea going up would make Manning the 2nd. Egan could and really should get a transfer hed make it 3 beyond that no other player. 

The conveyor belt stopped due to the sh*t being served up off the field/at grassroots. It’s started up again but we need to preach patience and give it time no point using the fact we produced nothing homegrown in particular from the 1993-1998 year groups as a stick to beat the younger lads with. 

I actually agree with plenty said about Connolly he needs to get his head straight it’s clear off the field he’s having issues. 

Think Idah Connolly could do with dropping down to the Championship on loan. Find their feet play every week and build some momentum. Obafemi likewise but I do see him potentially staying at Southampton next year.

Idah I am the most excited by of these as it stands think he has huge potential to develop into that goalscorer we lack but again he’s only turned 20 it’s really in his mid 20s he will start hitting his peak.  

Edited by kevin100 - 17 May 2021 at 6:46pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 6:55pm
Dunne is out of contract this summer and expected to move on as well in search of first team football.

We could really do with Swansea getting promoted through the playoffs. They might hold on to Hourihane and Manning might get a few games. Can't see any of the Irish lads at Bournemouth or Brentford getting much game time in the premier league and Barnsley don't have any Irish players at the moment.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 7:09pm

Dunne is out of contract this summer and expected to move on as well in search of first team football.

We could really do with Swansea getting promoted through the playoffs. They might hold on to Hourihane and Manning might get a few games. Can't see any of the Irish lads at Bournemouth or Brentford getting much game time in the premier league and Barnsley don't have any Irish players at the moment.

Swansea and Barnsley are the two we can hope will come up. Wouldn’t be a 100/1 a Connolly or an Obafemi will end up at Barnsley or Swansea on loan even if they go up. Neither club won’t be spending big and would be looking at attractive loan players who aren’t on big wages and would both be looking to add an attacker to there ranks too. 

Hourihane may stay at Swansea if they go up but considering his Barnsley link surely it’s possible he may end up there too if they go up. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 8:56am

Yep i would be shocked if he is still at Burnley at the start of next season .

What i heard is that Dyche thinks his standard is Championship .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 9:13am
Liverpool might come back in for him 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 8:14pm
Brighton losing 1-2 to Man City. Welbeck injured on 29. Trossard comes on and pulls one back. Half-time, they bring on Lallana.

Looking like Connolly will be an unused sub again.

Far cry from the days of him making a good impression against City in his debut season.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Brighton losing 1-2 to Man City. Welbeck injured on 29. Trossard comes on and pulls one back. Half-time, they bring on Lallana.

Looking like Connolly will be an unused sub again.

Far cry from the days of him making a good impression against City in his debut season.

Yeah Zeqiri on ahead of him too and maupay still unavailable. Clearly not going well for him. 
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 11:28pm
What’s the story with him? Always seems to be out due to injury or whatever else with Ireland and having problems at Brighton, all sorts of rumours about, is it a attitude problem?
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 12:00am
Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

What’s the story with him? Always seems to be out due to injury or whatever else with Ireland and having problems at Brighton, all sorts of rumours about, is it a attitude problem?

Now it’s Instagram/Twitter stuff but he was involved in another bloody situation recently again. Seems to be plenty off the field issues. Needs to get his head straight and we can’t exactly blame Potter not giving him chances.   

Edited by kevin100 - 09 Jun 2021 at 12:01am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 9:39am
Accused of assaulting some girl in a pub on Twitter, some Brighton fans seem to think he's a few off the field disciplinary issues. So this accusation came as no surprise.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:28am
Maybe Potter will bring him to Spurs and it'll convince 'arry to stay and win some trophies
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 11:38pm
The youngone he was going out with but then cheated on is on Love Island. She’s a serious bit of stuff.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

The youngone he was going out with but then cheated on is on Love Island. She’s a serious bit of stuff.

The fact that she applied to be on that show says all you need to know about what she saw in him.
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

The fact that she applied to be on that show says all you need to know about what she saw in him.

I read an article on Twitter that quoted her “best friend”. Connolly begged her not to go on it but she wants to be famous and to help promote her clothing brand. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 11:00am
I've nothing but rumours, hearsay and forum talk to go on, but i am finding it hard to warm to this kid. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 11:04am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I've nothing but rumours, hearsay and forum talk to go on, but i am finding it hard to warm to this kid. 

I could just about tolerate the acting the mick if he was ripping it up. But what's he ever done? He literally has no credit in the bank to act the bollocks.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I could just about tolerate the acting the mick if he was ripping it up. But what's he ever done? He literally has no credit in the bank to act the bollocks.

What has he done now to offend you precious one?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 177>
  Share Topic