You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 177>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 10:56pm
Anthony Stokes has burned every bridge in the game, and at 32, he is unlikely to play professional football again. Keith Treacy is another cautionary tale; an extremely gifted player who could've played at the highest level.

I'd hate for Connolly's career to turn out in similar fashion but I have a nagging feeling it's going to end up with similar question marks.

It would be a pity because he's one of the most talented players we have.

It's a short career and he has plenty of time to ride whoever he wants and do whatever he wants when it's all over in 15 years.

You'd think one would want to maximise their earning potential while they're still young enough to command the highest wages and get the best possible moves but what do I know.
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 11:12pm
A lot of this twitter gossip is pure rubbish. Connolly could have been an idiot, got drunk and acted the mess like we all have.

By the time it hits twitter, he was touring with Guns'n Roses for 6 months 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 12:28pm
That Twitter stuff about him was contemptable and a complete lie. There's no way a professional football like Connolly is going to be on drugs without getting caught. All the major leagues do random drug testing in every single game. Also this rubbish about throwing golf balls through his own window? A load of nonsense, doubt the fella has even held a golf club in his life, let alone has golf balls laying about.

I think this character assassination is as a result of his liaison with a young lady. The problem was that Connolly was caught doing it. He's not been the only one, and I'd say for each player that has been caught, there's hundreds more who're at the same thing. 

I would trust the opinions of Kenny and Potter far more than morons on Twitter. They both rate the lad, they wouldn't speak so highly of him otherwise. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 12:12am
Available for the Chelsea game today. If he's not in the squad, it'll give a good indication of where he figures in Graham Potter's thoughts with the summer transfer window and a possible loan on the horizon.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 7:13pm
Might need to go on loan next year then.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Why?

5 goals in 25 starts over the last two seasons is a very good record for young striker in a poor Premier League team. Brighton haven't loaned him out once either, it's clear they rate him and I would expect him to be an important player for them next season.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Why?

5 goals in 25 starts over the last two seasons is a very good record for young striker in a poor Premier League team. Brighton haven't loaned him out once either, it's clear they rate him and I would expect him to be an important player for them next season.
I wouldnt class 1 in 5 as very good regardless of age 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 9:24pm
On now with 25 minutes to go.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

On now with 25 minutes to go.
If he doesn’t tweak the hamstring in that time he may give up!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 9:55pm
Gets 25 mins which is really good to see, didn't do much to be fair but still the highlight of the day from an Irish perspective.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 9:56pm
Maupay missed an absolute sitter.

1 in his last 15 games. Hopefully Connolly can get a couple of starts in the run-in.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 10:57pm
The highlight from an Irish perspective was on the Sheffield Utd side. John Egan was outstanding, McGoldrick also-great loss to the international team- Stevens looked good for most of the game. Connolly struggled because of the Brighton midfield hanky ball players fannying about instead of getting the ball in to the strikers quickly. Brighton will stay up but Potter is certainly not a step up from Chris Hughton by any stretch of the imagination.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 11:13am

Maupay missed an absolute sitter.

1 in his last 15 games. Hopefully Connolly can get a couple of starts in the run-in.

Maupay has had a dreadful season - just five non-penalty goals and he's played pretty much every game. Can definitely see them signing a striker over the summer.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 1:51pm
Unused sub again today as Brighton lose to Wolves. Meanwhile Neal Maupay gets another full game despite having 1 goal in his last 17 games.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 09 May 2021 at 1:55pm
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 1:54pm
Brighton vs Wolves not Leeds, but understand he didn't get his chance. Brighton went down to 10 men so manager went defensive tactics 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 1:56pm

Unused sub again today as Brighton lose to Wolves. Meanwhile Neal Maupay gets another full game despite having 1 goal in his last 17 games.

Maupay sent off which is no harm.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 3:27pm

He's still their top goal scorer and a better player than Connolly, Maupay was top goal scorer last season too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's still their top goal scorer and a better player than Connolly, Maupay was top goal scorer last season too.

Only because he takes the penalties and is he a better player than Connolly. He has been crap for a very long time, yet plays every game. I really can't understand it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 177>
  Share Topic