You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 177>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 8:14pm
If that's the case, mightve failed a covid test
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 8:14pm
Yep, reading online that maupey and Connolly just didn't make the squad.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Andrew00 Andrew00 wrote:

If that's the case, mightve failed a covid test

sounds likely with maupy missing also, why would you not include usually your 1st and 2nd choice strikers
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 6:46pm
Maupay was dropped for having an altercation with another Brighton player after their game against West Brom. Not beyond the bounds of possibility that it was Connolly and both dropped as a result.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Maupay was dropped for having an altercation with another Brighton player after their game against West Brom. Not beyond the bounds of possibility that it was Connolly and both dropped as a result.

Connolly seems the fiery type, so I would say that might not be far wrong. hopefully back at the weekend
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Connolly seems the fiery type, so I would say that might not be far wrong. hopefully back at the weekend

I've heard quotes from coaches that say Connolly is a problem child
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

I've heard quotes from coaches that say Connolly is a problem child

Past coaches when he was a child? That’s pretty pathetic tbh.

Imagine a kid having attitude problems, no way he could possibly mature.
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 8:11pm
or he might just be a bit of a dickhead..who cares basically..we need him
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 5:03pm
On the bench today with welbeck starting... 

As Connolly is probably ireland best chance of a goal, if he can't displace Welbeck we may as well just pack it all in.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 5:22pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 6:32pm
FAI STATEMENT:

The Football Association of Ireland regret to announce that with immediate effect, International Football will be ‘packed in’. The decision follows a hastily arranged video conference call between the board, council and the various International team managers/coaches., following Aaron Connolly being named on the substitutes bench for Brightons match against Burnley in tonights EPL game.

FAI spokesperson MR. Footless commented “ As Connolly is probably ireland best chance of a goal, if he can't displace Welbeck we may as well just pack it all in.

ENDS.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 6:40pm
LOLLOLLOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 6:46pm
Wellbeck > Connolly.

I'd feel a lot more confident if we had Wellback in our front 2/3 going to the WC qualifiers.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 7:40pm
Welbeck scored a hattrick in the champions league! 
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

FAI STATEMENT:

The Football Association of Ireland regret to announce that with immediate effect, International Football will be ‘packed in’. The decision follows a hastily arranged video conference call between the board, council and the various International team managers/coaches., following Aaron Connolly being named on the substitutes bench for Brightons match against Burnley in tonights EPL game.

FAI spokesperson MR. Footless commented “ As Connolly is probably ireland best chance of a goal, if he can't displace Welbeck we may as well just pack it all in.

ENDS.

LOLLOL
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 3:28pm
Behind Welbeck again, who scores.

Might be a while before Connolly gets another chance. The trajectory of our young players this season has been very disheartening.
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 4:07pm
strange reason to think that, hes 1 of only 3 striker options at the club so hell get loads of chances
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 11:34am
Good news - back in the starting lineup at home to Liverpool...should be a tough day at the office and expect to bee subbed off but still, v good he's back starting.

Welbeck and Maupay also start so we'll have to see where Aaron lines up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 177>
  Share Topic