You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 177>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Saw this on balls.ie (I know) but in fairness, I'd say this squad in not far off what we'll get. Looking at that forward line, I think that Idah offers something different to what we have and could be a wildcard choice.

GK: Darren Randolph, Mark Travers, Kieran O'Hara.

DEF: Seamus Coleman, Matt Doherty, Shane Duffy, John Egan, Darragh Lenihan, Dara O'Shea, Enda Stevens, Ryan Manning.

MID: Jeff Hendrick, Alan Browne, Conor Hourihane, Josh Cullen, Jayson Molumby, James McCarthy, Jack Byrne.

FWD: David McGoldrick, Shane Long, Aaron Connolly, Michael Obafemi, Callum Robinson, James McClean, Robbie Brady.

Can't much argue with the gk. With def I know Clark is injured but I'd have Long at Burnley ahead of Lenihan.

Mid id have Smallbone ahead of Byrne and Jason Knight ahead of Browne.

Forwards, Brady has barely played this season and I'd have Idah ahead of him just on potential alone.
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Saw this on balls.ie (I know) but in fairness, I'd say this squad in not far off what we'll get. Looking at that forward line, I think that Idah offers something different to what we have and could be a wildcard choice.

GK: Darren Randolph, Mark Travers, Kieran O'Hara.

DEF: Seamus Coleman, Matt Doherty, Shane Duffy, John Egan, Darragh Lenihan, Dara O'Shea, Enda Stevens, Ryan Manning.

MID: Jeff Hendrick, Alan Browne, Conor Hourihane, Josh Cullen, Jayson Molumby, James McCarthy, Jack Byrne.

FWD: David McGoldrick, Shane Long, Aaron Connolly, Michael Obafemi, Callum Robinson, James McClean, Robbie Brady.

Can't much argue with the gk. With def I know Clark is injured but I'd have Long at Burnley ahead of Lenihan.

Mid id have Smallbone ahead of Byrne and Jason Knight ahead of Browne.

Forwards, Brady has barely played this season and I'd have Idah ahead of him just on potential alone.

My thinking is exactly the same
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 11:49pm
Aaron a starter for me on the left of any attacking formation.
If McClean is picked there ahead of him I'll be disappointed. 
Or Robinson for that matter. 
Connolly offers something different that defenders don't seem to like. 
Like Duff, he wins frees and torments. 
And we know he can score if fed chances. 
Bring on September. 

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 12:07am
That’s a Rooney or Aguero type goal Clap
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

That’s a Rooney or Aguero type goal Clap

What about the bicycle kick not to mention his hair!
It's not me it's you:-)
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 9:37am
The Galwegian Aguero...
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 9:38am
His overall game is getting better each time he plays. 

For his goal he showed some really good pace, good strength and a cool head for a difficult finish.

He is probably already our best attacking option at the moment. We really need Idah and Parrot to show the same progress next season.

willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 9:40am
good news too he strung a good few games together now towards the end of this season without any of the injuries he had at the start . 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

His overall game is getting better each time he plays. 

For his goal he showed some really good pace, good strength and a cool head for a difficult finish.

He is probably already our best attacking option at the moment. We really need Idah and Parrot to show the same progress next season.

Totally agree and he is still only 20.
Brilliant goal.

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The Galwegian Aguero...
Galwaguero
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The Galwegian Aguero...
Galwaguero

Awful.

Aarguero mildly better. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Tribesman91 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribesman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 2:37pm
Aarguero, not bad.

Seamus Conneely from Connemara that plays for Accrington is called Connemaradonna!
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 8:20am
I was reading the Blackburn fans forum and most think they need to get rid of Lenihan if they want to challenge for promotion next year.
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 1:44pm
Yes the BRFC forum. Read quite a few saying he wasn't upto it. They need to get rid of players like Lenihan etc.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 9:10pm
 That's the Burnley fan in you speaking, I suspect.

Lenihan's a popular and highly-rated player amongst Blackburn fans, from what I understand, and considered one of their greatest assets.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 10:30pm
Lenihan's a good Championship stopper, Clark and Long are better players though and should be ahead of him in the pecking order IMO.
We're decent enough..
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 2:13am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Lenihan's a good Championship stopper, Clark and Long are better players though and should be ahead of him in the pecking order IMO.

Such a pity you weren't so temperate in your recent assessment:

"Lenihan is an absolute bomb-scare, I wouldn't devalue Long's capabilities by comparing them." 

LOL
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Such a pity you weren't so temperate in your recent assessment:

"Lenihan is an absolute bomb-scare, I wouldn't devalue Long's capabilities by comparing them." 

He is a bomb scare (if you want to play out from the back at international level, as we presumably do); he's a good stopper-type defender at Championship level though. If you can't understand that players will have different capabilities to perform at different levels, then you may need to educate yourself on some of the basic principles of sports.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 177>
  Share Topic