You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 178>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 5:24pm
was sure it was going to be taken off him by VAR. Can't understand why he is rarely ever played out wide. Always looked like his ideal position for ireland albeit at underage level. 
Sponsored Links

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 5:29pm
Must've overtaken McClean as our best option on the left, now.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 6:20pm
Brighton don't really set up in a way that suits him, he's be much better on the left of a front three. He looks a real talent though.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 7:29pm
Just saw the goal. An excellent finish, and he really burned Kevin Long for pace. Looks a talent.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 7:31pm
Did brilliantly, Long is no slouch. Showed really good strength to hold him off when he got back too.
We're decent enough..
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 7:53pm
Will without doubt be starting on the left of front 3 against Bulgaria. 

That said, wouldn't rule him out playing through the middle for Ireland, as he'll probably get better service than he does at Brighton. 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 8:01pm
Showed great body positioning too to create that space. Its not enough to burn PL centre halves for pace they always get back on side if you don'd use good body positioning. Very tidy. I will just add a fair play to Long aswell. a few minutes after he burned Aaron went for an overhead and kicked Long in the head. It looked awful but Long got straight back up to help Aaron up instead of crying and trying to get him sent off. I'm going to read into it and say it was the Irish connection.

Edited by Nialler - 26 Jul 2020 at 8:02pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 8:07pm
that is a cracking goal. Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 8:36pm
Can't see us playing 5-2-3 that would be pretty radical, and no way of fitting Coleman and Doherty together in that line up. Maybe worth a try on the left wing but either way Robinson is likely to be blocking his path in to the team even though he legally shouldn't be playing for us.

Edited by Conan - 26 Jul 2020 at 8:39pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Can't see us playing 4-3-3 that would be pretty radical, and no way of fitting Coleman and Doherty together in that line up. Maybe worth a try on the left wing but either way Robinson is likely to be blocking his path in to the team even though he legally shouldn't be playing for us.

How would it be radical under a new manager with the potential for a host of new players being inducted? 

Genuine q by the way. 

Edited by McG - 26 Jul 2020 at 8:37pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 8:39pm

Can't see us playing 4-3-3 that would be pretty radical, and no way of fitting Coleman and Doherty together in that line up. Maybe worth a try on the left wing but either way Robinson is likely to be blocking his path in to the team even though he legally shouldn't be playing for us.

Kenny will definitely play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Has gone on record as saying that's the style/formation that he wants all our national sides playing.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 8:39pm

Stephen Kenny has already said we will be using a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 9:20pm
How is Callum Robinson ahead of Connolly? 
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 10:08pm
I'm guessing a 4-3-3 of Robinson McGoldrick Connolly?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 10:16pm
McGoldrick pretty much certain for the centre forward spot if he's fit. At the moment it seems like Connolly v McClean for the left forward position and Robinson v Long for the right forward position.

Collins, Hogan, Maguire probably still next in line behind them. Obafemi, Idah and Parrott staying with the Under 21s for now.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 10:34pm
I think Idah should be ahead of Maguire Hogan and Collins . 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 10:49pm
Saw this on balls.ie (I know) but in fairness, I'd say this squad in not far off what we'll get. Looking at that forward line, I think that Idah offers something different to what we have and could be a wildcard choice.

GK: Darren Randolph, Mark Travers, Kieran O'Hara.

DEF: Seamus Coleman, Matt Doherty, Shane Duffy, John Egan, Darragh Lenihan, Dara O'Shea, Enda Stevens, Ryan Manning.

MID: Jeff Hendrick, Alan Browne, Conor Hourihane, Josh Cullen, Jayson Molumby, James McCarthy, Jack Byrne.

FWD: David McGoldrick, Shane Long, Aaron Connolly, Michael Obafemi, Callum Robinson, James McClean, Robbie Brady.

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Saw this on balls.ie (I know) but in fairness, I'd say this squad in not far off what we'll get. Looking at that forward line, I think that Idah offers something different to what we have and could be a wildcard choice.

GK: Darren Randolph, Mark Travers, Kieran O'Hara.

DEF: Seamus Coleman, Matt Doherty, Shane Duffy, John Egan, Darragh Lenihan, Dara O'Shea, Enda Stevens, Ryan Manning.

MID: Jeff Hendrick, Alan Browne, Conor Hourihane, Josh Cullen, Jayson Molumby, James McCarthy, Jack Byrne.

FWD: David McGoldrick, Shane Long, Aaron Connolly, Michael Obafemi, Callum Robinson, James McClean, Robbie Brady.

Wouldn't have Lenihan in the squad, preferably Clark (if he gets back fit), or Long. Other than that, I think it's pretty much on the money.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 178>
  Share Topic