You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 177>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 2:23pm
he's just not a centre-forward for me.
I'd have him on the left, getting more of the ball and influencing the game that way. 
Seems lost game after game in the centre. 
Idah on looks like a centre-forward. Hits the post! 

Has to be said tho, terrible match. 
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 6:12pm
He's played a handful of games and conclusions have already been made on his position.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 10:20am
He makes some very intelligent runs, his movement is among the best I have seen in the Premier League, though he often makes a run and doesnt get picked out. He is very quick and works hard. I think he is destined for a bigger club than Brighton.

Edited by E2016 - 05 Jul 2020 at 10:20am
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 11:59am
Surly the progress that Connolly has made this season is nothing short of fantastic! He's a regular in a Premier league team and is now getting back to back first team starts, he's got a couple of goals and an assist. He's playing at one of the highest levels in Europe and doesn't look out of his depth.

If he takes that experience into next season and adds more goals we've got a good player on our hands 

Surly we would have taken that at the start of the season?
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

He makes some very intelligent runs, his movement is among the best I have seen in the Premier League, though he often makes a run and doesnt get picked out. He is very quick and works hard. I think he is destined for a bigger club than Brighton.

Agree with this in relation to his movement. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 2:17pm
Connolly's progress this season has been fantastic.
He may well develop into a tidy centre-forward but, for me, he is best used wide from what I've seen mostly at underage level.

Maybe the way BHA setup just leaves him too exposed at CF and maybe a different team would suit him better in that regard.
Either way, it's been a great season for him and he's a very exciting prospect, and I'd expect him to start at least one of our Sept NL games and go from there.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 4:33pm
Potter is obsessed with controlling games which means Brighton play very patient with low tempo. 

The downside is that the pace they have up front is not utilised and forwards like Connolly and Maupay make a lot of runs that never get picked up and they never really know when the ball is going to be played into the box. Both Maupay and Connolly end up very frustrated. 

If they would actually move the ball quicker he would be very difficult to deal with. Very smart player who would be far more suited in a Leicester or Liverpool system.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 10:22pm
Haircut aside I thought Connolly did well when coming on tonight against Liverpool, drew a foul and a booking out wide near the end and got a nice shot away that went wide of the far post. Next season could be a big one for him. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 10:26pm
Agree with that, apart from the dodgy buzz cut he looked really sharp
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 9:06am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Haircut aside I thought Connolly did well when coming on tonight against Liverpool, drew a foul and a booking out wide near the end and got a nice shot away that went wide of the far post. Next season could be a big one for him. 

Apart from the time he was absolutely schooled by VVD! No shame in that by the way. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 7:02pm
Connelly gets the nod vs man City with Duffy on the bench.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 7:06pm
Loved to see him score think he deserves one but unfortunately he probably be chasing shadows for 70 minutes before been taken off through no fault of his own
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 8:43pm
He doesn't get much luck with the teams he's chosen to start up front by himself against... Brighton have scarcely been out of their own half, no doubt some will find a way to blame Connolly for that.
We're decent enough..
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 8:44pm
In the brief few times the ball has come near him he’s done well 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:18pm
Replaced by Maupay with Brighton 4 nil down. Not exactly sure what he's expected to do when they can't get the ball within 20 yards of him.
We're decent enough..
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:20pm
Some nice movement to put himself in good positions on the shoulder of defenders, some good bursts of pace but other than that he was chasing shadows 

Edited by Left foot - 11 Jul 2020 at 9:21pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:23pm
Brighton so far outclassed that it's barely watchable as a game of football. The standard difference between the top 3 or 4 and the bottom 6 these days is just huge. Absolutely nothing Connolly could do there, Brighton could hardly get over the half way line in possession of the ball.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:24pm
Aaron needs to think about leaving Brighton otherwise he will destroy his confidence. He is just not suited to them in the slightest. He is very very clever and no doubt scouts who have teams in other systems will see what he is and realise his potential.

Edited by Nialler - 11 Jul 2020 at 9:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 177>
  Share Topic