You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 177>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 11:27pm
LOLLOLLOLare you serious???
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Duffy will never be a Potter type centre back, he'll have to move to become a regular again. Burnley, Watford or a promoted team might be a good fit.

Brighton have huge problems in midfield, they need to get some pace and vision in there over the summer. If they can do that it will help Connolly to kick on as well.

He needs glasses and a broomstick 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Watched the game tonight. Connolly was chasing shadows in first half even gary Neville said he felt sorry for the front two as they got no service. He was more involved in 2nd half as Brighton offered a bit more going forward. Have to feel for Connolly any game I watched  no creativity in the brighton midfield at all, anything Connolly does or gets is purely down to his own hard work.

Duffy was solid even though they conceded 3 goals, none in my opinion was his fault. How he is not playing every week is a joke really,  everyone can see it except porter himself. 

Webster has done well for Brighton. Take the green tinted glasses off.

Has he? Brighton have been atrocious this season. They've been little more effective in attack and noticeably less stable in defence. They might average more passes per game than they did under Hughton, but they certainly haven't translated that into becoming a stronger team

Edited by The O'Shea - 30 Jun 2020 at 11:40pm
We're decent enough..
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 9:51am
Would Molumby help that Brighton midfield? 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 10:00am
Trossard looks a classy player and with a season of the PL under his belt will probably be a big asset to them next season. But they could definitely do with one or two more creative players because outside him they don't appear to have a whole lot.

Connolly did as well as he could have expected to do living off the scraps he was given last night. Hopefully the break has helped him as he was looking pretty horribly out of form before that.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 10:56am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Would Molumby help that Brighton midfield? 

Yeah, curious to see (assuming BHA stay up) what happens there.
Would love to see him in the PL but wary he could be mainly on the bench if they do recall him.
Personally, I think he can make that step up.
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Trossard looks a classy player and with a season of the PL under his belt will probably be a big asset to them next season. But they could definitely do with one or two more creative players because outside him they don't appear to have a whole lot.

Connolly did as well as he could have expected to do living off the scraps he was given last night. Hopefully the break has helped him as he was looking pretty horribly out of form before that.

I agree about Trossard. Brighton look certain to recall Jayson Molumby - and Ben White, a central defender on loan to Leeds who has been a major asset there. Such has been his impact, Brighton have quoted £35m for a permanent switch. Optimistic maybe - but it will impact on Shane Duffy's already tenuous situation. Potter prefers to play out of defence and that's Duffy's big weakness. There's good reason to believe Stephen Kenny would agree with Potter.

Then there's Connolly - I think he'll struggle at EPL level and carve out a career in the Championship. Some people here seem to think Potter should play to suit his Irish duo. That's not going to happen because they're not that good. 

I must admit I haven't seen much of Connolly other than his two goals against Spurs (which were brilliant for very different reasons) last night's game, and what he has done with us and u21. What strikes me is his confidence to try and carve out something from nothing.I cant see Long or McGoldrick taking that shot from outside the box last night. He got himself into a few decent positions but the service was poor. I thought his assist against Arsenal was good also. I definitely see more from him than Obafemi at this stage. 

As for Molumby, is he starting most games for Millwall? I see William's started ahead of him last night.

Edited by Dunne23 - 01 Jul 2020 at 12:04pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 11:54am
In fairness to Connolly he almost conjured a goal out of nothing last night was living off scraps. Did a decent job but was like pissing against the wind last night. If Brighton got in a few creative players along with White and Molumby back (think both will be starting for them next year (White for Duffy and Molumby for Stephens) to go with Maupay Connolly and Trossard they’d be a force next year maybe even outsiders for a top 10 finish. Potter has done a decent job with a squad that really wouldn’t be suited to his style in the main. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 11:57am
Molumby is arguably one of Millwalls best players just a got a rest last night as will happen with players. Molumby is absolutely perfect for Potter really a ball playing tenacious midfielder they miss a bit of dynamism badly. Could see Molumby replacing Stephens in the next year or so I’d actually go as far as to say I’d be surprised if he wasn’t replacing Stephens next year that’s if Millwall don’t go up. (They probably won’t)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I agree about Trossard. Brighton look certain to recall Jayson Molumby - and Ben White, a central defender on loan to Leeds who has been a major asset there. Such has been his impact, Brighton have quoted £35m for a permanent switch. Optimistic maybe - but it will impact on Shane Duffy's already tenuous situation. Potter prefers to play out of defence and that's Duffy's big weakness. There's good reason to believe Stephen Kenny would agree with Potter.

Then there's Connolly - I think he'll struggle at EPL level and carve out a career in the Championship. Some people here seem to think Potter should play to suit his Irish duo. That's not going to happen because they're not that good. 

I must admit I haven't seen much of Connolly other than his two goals against Spurs (which were brilliant for very different reasons) last night's game, and what he has done with us and u21. What strikes me is his confidence to try and carve out something from nothing.I cant see Long or McGoldrick taking that shot from outside the box last night. He got himself into a few decent positions but the service was poor. I thought his assist against Arsenal was good also. I definitely see more from him than Obafemi at this stage. 

As for Molumby, is he starting most games for Millwall? I see William's started ahead of him last night.

Molumby was rested last night, he starts pretty much every match. 
We're decent enough..
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 8:01pm
Connolly seems to have a huge array of abilities in his locker. The skill, his pace, dribbling, strength, first touch and shooting are all very impressive. You don't start him on his own up front against United as a progressive manager for the 2nd game in a row as a teenager if you don't think he can hack it at this level. There are barely any strikers who couldve made a big impact in that game the way it was set up for Brighton.

I think he's our best attacking prospect and will have a career in a top league.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 2:30pm
Hope he turns out good, he looks decent enough. It's annoying when you see young Welsh players tearing it up for Utd and Chelsea etc and we don't even have one player doing this at the moment. Even Scotland have that Billy Gilmour lad who looks like he's going place.   
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 11:38am
Connolly starts again...excellent stuff.
Now here's a game where he can flourish and hopefully won't be left to plough a lone furrow.
Maupay on also so he'll have company at least and Brighton have to be looking to secure their PL place in this match.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Connolly starts again...excellent stuff.
Now here's a game where he can flourish and hopefully won't be left to plough a lone furrow.
Maupay on also so he'll have company at least and Brighton have to be looking to secure their PL place in this match.

They have gone for a very attacking team and I think its a huge chance for Connolly to score some goals.
I actually thought they would play a two up front today so put Connolly in my FF 
Had a feeling all week he would rip Norwich apart LOL

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 12:06pm
Nice to see Potter keep the faith in him. He’d have little chance at another club Given the fact he has scored so little.

Is Murray injured?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Nice to see Potter keep the faith in him. He’d have little chance at another club Given the fact he has scored so little.

Is Murray injured?

You keep faith in players who aren't playing well, that's not really the case with Connolly. He's performed pretty well for them, and given how unimpressive their other forward options have been (bar Maupay who's scored fairly regularly) it's no surprise he's the favoured "2nd" striker.
We're decent enough..
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 12:36pm
Stunning effort from Connolly, so close to breaking the deadlock.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 1:52pm
Needs to do a lot better on the ball. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 177>
  Share Topic