You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 177>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Needs first team football - he's 21 now. Hopefully gets a loan move.

Hes 20.

He's closer to 21 than 20.

So just to confirm, the guy is still 20. 

He's coming 21.

Assuming it's still Warren O'Hora we're talking about he turned 21 back in April.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 3:07pm

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

Needs first team football - he's 21 now. Hopefully gets a loan move.

Hes 20.

He's closer to 21 than 20.

So just to confirm, the guy is still 20. 

He's coming 21.

Assuming it's still Warren O'Hora we're talking about he turned 21 back in April.

So he’s coming 22 then.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 7:29pm
Starts vs man utd which shows real confidence in him.

Duffy also starting which is a real plus
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:10pm
Tough one for Connolly, chasing shadows out there up front on his own.

I think Idah had a similar experience against United earlier in the season. 

Hopefully this doesn't mean he gets dropped against Norwich on Saturday, would have a much better chance to have an impact in that game.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:12pm
I think Brighton have decided this game isn't worth it and focus on getting 3pts v Norwich.
We'll see Maupay back for that I'm sure. 
50/50 Aaron will start there. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:13pm

Tough one for Connolly, chasing shadows out there up front on his own.

I think Idah had a similar experience against United earlier in the season. 

Hopefully this doesn't mean he gets dropped against Norwich on Saturday, would have a much better chance to have an impact in that game.
Tbf not Connolly's fault he's living off scraps up top on his own. And he's won two free kicks while driving forward himself. Brighton need a few creative midfielders.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:19pm
Connolly's got nothing. Couldn't blame him for not having an impact on that first half. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:22pm
Connolly feeding off scraps, Duffy has done nothing wrong at the back. Both still on in the second half I see. Better aggression and midfield play needed by Brighton- nothing to be gained by standing back and admiring what looks like a good Utd team these days.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:23pm
Infuriating to watch brighton, get the ball out wide or in an advanced midfield position... Connolly makes a a good run off the defender, and Brighton pass backwards or sideways every time
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:45pm
Desperately unlucky not to score there, great save.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:53pm
You’re going a bit OTT there.

Decent strike, decent save.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:57pm
To his credit he has kept going despite the fact he's chasing a lost cause tonight. Had a good effort saved and has forced a corner and a good few free kicks. Couldn't have done much more to be honest.

Looks a lot fitter as well, still looking strong after 80 minutes. I like him a lot, think he'll be a big player for us for the next decade although maybe not as an out and out centre forward.

The fact he looks to be playing the 90 here suggests he might not start on Saturday though.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 10:22pm
Any forward with that sort of pace is going to worry defenders. Connolly has a good future ahead of him. Brighton will not go down. Another win and they will have 36 points, which was enough to keep them up last season. The Norwich game should clinch it and the other teams below are panicking. I don't think Brighton are any better than they were under Chris Hughton and Shane Duffy should be an automatic first team choice.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 10:30pm
Watched the game tonight. Connolly was chasing shadows in first half even gary Neville said he felt sorry for the front two as they got no service. He was more involved in 2nd half as Brighton offered a bit more going forward. Have to feel for Connolly any game I watched  no creativity in the brighton midfield at all, anything Connolly does or gets is purely down to his own hard work.

Duffy was solid even though they conceded 3 goals, none in my opinion was his fault. How he is not playing every week is a joke really,  everyone can see it except porter himself. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 10:32pm
Duffy will never be a Potter type centre back, he'll have to move to become a regular again. Burnley, Watford or a promoted team might be a good fit.

Brighton have huge problems in midfield, they need to get some pace and vision in there over the summer. If they can do that it will help Connolly to kick on as well.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Any forward with that sort of pace is going to worry defenders. Connolly has a good future ahead of him. Brighton will not go down. Another win and they will have 36 points, which was enough to keep them up last season. The Norwich game should clinch it and the other teams below are panicking. I don't think Brighton are any better than they were under Chris Hughton and Shane Duffy should be an automatic first team choice.

How are the green tinted specs fitting? Wink

I was sorry to see Hughton sacked but Potter has them playing good football. They were excellent away against 3rd placed Leicester in the first half of that game and they had a brilliant win against Arsenal. Potter has done well and if they avoid relegation, it'll have been a good season. 

Duffy was very good when he came on for the injured Webster in the Leicester game and deserves to keep his place. 

Edited by irishmufc - 30 Jun 2020 at 11:01pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Watched the game tonight. Connolly was chasing shadows in first half even gary Neville said he felt sorry for the front two as they got no service. He was more involved in 2nd half as Brighton offered a bit more going forward. Have to feel for Connolly any game I watched  no creativity in the brighton midfield at all, anything Connolly does or gets is purely down to his own hard work.

Duffy was solid even though they conceded 3 goals, none in my opinion was his fault. How he is not playing every week is a joke really,  everyone can see it except porter himself. 

Webster has done well for Brighton. Take the green tinted glasses off.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 11:12pm
To be fair I dont think Duffy was to blame for any of the goals today but when you see him with the ball to his feet you can see why he's not in the team very often. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 177>
  Share Topic