You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 177>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:26pm
Playing well, looking at brighton cant believe duffy not starting they just conceded another headed goal
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Playing well, looking at brighton cant believe duffy not starting they just conceded another headed goal

Connolly very lively. Had one chance where he should have done a bit better to put Maupay in, and another couple of great chances where the final pass to him was very poor.

Brighton don't play Duffy because obviously the manager sees that he cannot pass the ball well. When the likes of Dan Burn is considered a better passer than you, it tells a lot. Also, with Brighton regularly playing 3 at the back now, the CBs are expected to be in different parts of the pitch and be comfortable with the ball there and also with players running at them from wider angles. Duffy is suited to standing on the edge of the box clearing the ball consistently. That's his game.

Edit. Brighton actually playing a flat back 4 tonight with Burn at LB. Is Burn regularly LB or left centre back in a back 3?

Edited by Hans Moleman - 05 Dec 2019 at 9:48pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 12:38pm
Love watching Connolly play.
He doesn't seem to mind who the opponents are.  Just gets about them and drags defenders all over the shop.
Wins frees, lads get booked fouling him, he's damned annoying I'd say!

The only question is how prolific he can be at the top level.  That's normal for Irish forwards though so I'd not be worried.  I actually feel that he can be a regular goalscorer as he always right in there looking to knick the goals.
I hope he stays fit as he brings something new to the Ireland team...something we've not had in quite some time.
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 1:34pm
Watching his movement, energy and skill set last night gave me a little encouragement for the Play Off's! would like to see him playing with McGoldrick and Robinson, would be a good mix. Hopefully keeps getting game time where he'll learn and develop and stays fit before March because it would be a great boost to our chances.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 1:43pm
I would think he's done enough to keep his starting place for the next game.

With a little more luck and experience I think he scores when he chests the ball in the arsenal box, should have also put maupay through on goal but passed it a little behind him.

I dont think the arsenal defenders enjoyed when he ran at them or when he closed them down.

I think he's got goals in him but also really good performances too.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

He doesn't seem to mind who the opponents are.  Just gets about them and drags defenders all over the shop.

The only question is how prolific he can be at the top level. 

Sounds like a young Shane Long. 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

The only question is how prolific he can be at the top level. 

Sounds like a young Shane Long. 

Equally as prolific too
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 10:59pm
Ideally suited to the left wing in a 433, but something something defending corners something tracking back, so no, can really only play him when we're at least 2 goals down. Very hard to see him breaking into a team as free scoring as ourselves with great results behind us and world class players in every position. Or so Mick would have ya believe. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 11:11pm
Jesus, some of ye don't half panic. 19 year old breaks into a Premier League first team scoring two goals on his first start, and then continues to start and play well but doesn't find the net for a few more games. Suddenly we're into the territory of "oh he'll never be prolific", "shunt him out to the wing" etc etc. Pathetic and brainless stuff really.
We're decent enough..
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Jesus, some of ye don't half panic. 19 year old breaks into a Premier League first team scoring two goals on his first start, and then continues to start and play well but doesn't find the net for a few more games. Suddenly we're into the territory of "oh he'll never be prolific", "shunt him out to the wing" etc etc. Pathetic and brainless stuff really.

From the tone of your post you appear to be the only one panicking
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 3:39am
Brighton barely create more than 2/3 chances per game. They’re lucky if they don’t get relegated. Connolly should be dropping deeper though irrespective, he’s a good dribbler, much more than they’re giving credit for and looks a passenger sometimes in a team with no drive 
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 3:43pm
Not involved at all today 
The only way is up
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 3:44pm
Must have a nock? 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 3:45pm
injured unfortunately. 
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 3:46pm
Hopefully they don't score so and it makes it look like connolly is integral 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 8:27pm
Still injured it seems. Bit of a trend already!
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 4:33pm
hasn’t scored yet but has changed the game 
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 11:33am
Good to see him back starting. Caused spurs all kinds of problems last time out
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 177>
  Share Topic