Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 177>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Himself and Manning weren't long losing the Galway accent.  

Image result for terry mccann
Is that Juergen Klopp with his doctor before his transformation 

Yes it is.  Before his makeover by Francis Brennan (pictured here)
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Some people would think this is football manager the way they’re bashing Mick. 

How can he anticipate what he’s like if he’s never played a first team game before, the same logic hes applied to not calling up Parrott

Nonsense, anyone who saw him last few years knew he was special

Nope. Football manager something or other. Vitriol towards McCarthy or 
something like that.

Probably the most pathetic stock answers now on Ybig, and a handful of people are driving them and shutting down any attempt by others to comment on squad selection issues etc. Embarrassing.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

[QUOTE=Left foot]Traditionally irish teams like to play a big lad up top for the long ball. It's a bit early to speculate I know but with Kenny playing him on the left in favour of the bigger idah lad it may be the case that connolly is played as a left winger rather than his preferred position.

This may be an insight that Kenny may not be as different as all other ireland managers with regard to his approach 

Why is it consistently being pedaled that Kenny is going to play some Brazilian like football, with a whole load of 3 foot 4 inch lads on the team. It's utter nonsense and hardly anyone who is looking forward to Kenny becoming manager has said this will be the case.

I don't remember anyone saying anything of the sort. Is this a classic case of Moleman hyperbole.

Which rereg are you again? I'm losing track at this stage.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 4:49pm

How can he anticipate what he’s like if he’s never played a first team game before, the same logic hes applied to not calling up Parrott

something like that.

Probably the most pathetic stock answers now on Ybig, and a handful of people are driving them and shutting down any attempt by others to comment on squad selection issues etc. Embarrassing.

Says the man whose sole stock in trade is ruining debate with the same tedious bullsh1t posts repeated time and time again on every thread he graces with his presence. LOL
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 4:53pm
I’m glad we’re all enjoying the shared pleasure of seeing a young Irish player scoring in the premier league and receiving a call up for his country. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

something like that.

Says the man whose sole stock in trade is ruining debate with the same tedious bullsh1t posts repeated time and time again on every thread he graces with his presence. LOL

Have you written 'championship manager' or 'vitriol towards McCarthy' recently when discussing Irish squad and team selections? If you have, you are just writing utter tripe on the forum and blatantly trying to kill any discussion going in a direction you don't like.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 5:01pm

The next Richie Partrige, Conor Clifford, Terry Dixon, the list is endless.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 5:05pm

something like that.

Have you written 'championship manager' or 'vitriol towards McCarthy' recently when discussing Irish squad and team selections? If you have, you are just writing utter tripe on the forum and blatantly trying to kill any discussion going in a direction you don't like.

Would you not be better off heading to a Ewan MacKenna twitter spat where your repetitive nonsense would be better suited? 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 5:16pm

something like that.

Would you not be better off heading to a Ewan MacKenna twitter spat where your repetitive nonsense would be better suited? 
LOL
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 5:25pm
Hmm - I used the term vitriol, not with the intention of running anyone the wrong way. On reflection, it might not be the best choice of expression. “Negative feeling” probably better. 

So, I’m genuinely surprised at the level of negative feeling towards McCarthy. That’s all
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 5:52pm

something like that.

LOL

Drum, when this turd is giving you the thumbs up, you should realise how far your comments have fallen.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 6:16pm

something like that.

LOL

LOL
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

I’m glad we’re all enjoying the shared pleasure of seeing a young Irish player scoring in the premier league and receiving a call up for his country. 

People p1ssed off with how he has been called up is like the missus having a go at you with the old classic "It wasn't what you said. It was the way you said it."
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 2:34pm
Unless somebody makes a standout club appearance and forces his hand, which Connolly clearly has done,  it's a complete and utter no brainer (given McCarthy's ridiculous short brief) that the manager usually opts for experience every time in selecting his teams. However, given our paucity of striking options, I will be surprised if Connolly doesn't at least make a sub appearance over the next two games.

Like most here I've seen very little of this lad, but I'm very impressed from the little amount I have seen. His clever movement and pace around the box remind me of Robbie. If he can keep progressing, these kind of gambles bring goals.
The Whisperer View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Whisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Unless somebody makes a standout club appearance and forces his hand, which Connolly clearly has done,  it's a complete and utter no brainer (given McCarthy's ridiculous short brief) that the manager usually opts for experience every time in selecting his teams. However, given our paucity of striking options, I will be surprised if Connolly doesn't at least make a sub appearance over the next two games.

Like most here I've seen very little of this lad, but I'm very impressed from the little amount I have seen. His clever movement and pace around the box remind me of Robbie. If he can keep progressing, these kind of gambles bring goals.

Its hardly much of gamble really.

He's been on the radar for over 3 years at this stage with various super performances for our underage teams. He has taken like a duck to water at adult level for brighton even before his two goals at the weekend.

Add to that, that we have really poor options in that area of the field and tbh its a no brainer picking him for the senior squad now. Tbh there is a serious arguement to be had whether you start him or not now.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by The Whisperer The Whisperer wrote:

He's been on the radar for over 3 years at this stage with various super performances for our underage teams. He has taken like a duck to water at adult level for brighton even before his two goals at the weekend.

Add to that, that we have really poor options in that area of the field and tbh its a no brainer picking him for the senior squad now. Tbh there is a serious arguement to be had whether you start him or not now.

McCarthy and a lot of other managers do see playing an uncapped, unproven player in a vital qualifier as a gamble. Underage caps don’t really come into the equation.

That said, I do think there is a case for him to start, given how sh*te we are up top.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 2:59pm
Our strike force is utter sh*te. Why wouldn't you throw him in?  Will he do any worse? f**k no! 
If we had a 17 year old Messi we would be afraid to play him in a qualifier and play some munter from League 1 because he has been around the block for the last 15 years missing open goals.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by The Whisperer The Whisperer wrote:

Which super performances?

I'd bet my left nut you'd never heard of this guy a year ago.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 177>
  Share Topic