FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 177>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 1:07pm
"He's closer to 21 than 20" LOL LOL

Sponsored Links

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 1:01pm
FFS LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Needs first team football - he's 21 now. Hopefully gets a loan move.

Hes 20.

He's closer to 21 than 20.

So just to confirm, the guy is still 20. 

He's coming 21.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Hes 20.

So just to confirm, the guy is still 20. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 12:49pm

Hes 20.

exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 8:49am

Hes 20.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

the one thing with Connolly and obafemi is we will be very dangerous on the counterattack and no matter what guys believe we will still be set up in defensive formation against better teams than us.
And this pace will be huge plus for us especially off the bench early in their international career 

Kenny is adamant we won't play on the counter attack, but I'd agree with you - if we try to go toe to toe against the big European teams away from home it is unlikely to go well for us.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

@Left Foot & Fozz

What game were both of you watching?! Brighton did very well today and got a point at 3rd placed Leicester were always going to dominate the second half given they're the much stronger team. 

Brighton deserve a lot of credit for their point and they played some really decent football. 

4 points against Leicester and Arsenal is a fantastic return. I hope they stay up. 

I thought they had a very good first half and said as much.
Leicester started playing after the break and Brighton then struggled in any forward capacity (which is where my interest was, looking at Connolly), but were comfortable enough for the point.
I'd say they are almost guaranteed to stay up now, as expecting the others below to get many pts is expecting a lot at this stage.
Really hope to see Molumby in that midfield next season in the PL.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 11:02pm
the one thing with Connolly and obafemi is we will be very dangerous on the counterattack and no matter what guys believe we will still be set up in defensive formation against better teams than us.
And this pace will be huge plus for us especially off the bench early in their international career 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 10:17pm
Molumby could be playing Premiership football with either Brighton or Millwall, should they get promoted and sign him. I would anticipate the former, the loan spell has given him the chance to prove his worth and he's taken it. I hope Brighton stay up and think they will. O'Hora was one of only six from their under-23s to be given new contracts so they do rate him there and he has a chance.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 9:26pm
Of all our young strikers, Connolly has been by far the most impressive at the top level so far. I think he's next in line after Parrott in terms of raw ability. Feel a bit sorry for him playing alongside Maupay who is an exceptionally greedy player; whereas Connolly tries to create chances for him, Maupay seems to actively avoid returning the favour.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 9:12pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 8:56pm

Hopefully Molumby can break into the midfield there after his loan finishes. Warren O'Hora doesn't seem to be making any progress, could do with a move next season.
O Hora just signed a new contract with them 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 8:40pm
I'd be happy enough to see Molumby get another loan in The Championship next season if it meant playing 30+ matches and starting week in week out.

He'll only be turning 21 in August so still has plenty of time on his side to make the jump up to the PL.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 8:29pm

Hopefully Molumby can break into the midfield there after his loan finishes. Warren O'Hora doesn't seem to be making any progress, could do with a move next season.

That's a good shout, molumby keeping up the progress he's making and he could be fighting for a Brighton start.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 8:24pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

@Left Foot & Fozz

What game were both of you watching?! Brighton did very well today and got a point at 3rd placed Leicester were always going to dominate the second half given they're the much stronger team. 

Brighton deserve a lot of credit for their point and they played some really decent football. 

4 points against Leicester and Arsenal is a fantastic return. I hope they stay up. 

Agreed. I thought they only looked stretched the last 20 mins. Very good return and huge 4 points that will likely see them stay up. I think Brighton just lack a better number 10 or someone better than Mooy who is too slow now for EPL and his eye for a pass seems to be gone. They seem to play him out wide left alot which is very strange to me considering his lack of pace. Stephens Proper and the rest of their midfield are all too similar. I fancy Trossard will take Mooys place next year anyway.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 8:01pm
A lot of low scoring and 0-0 games so far since the restart or am I imagining that?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 177>
  Share Topic