Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 177>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 2:45pm
Keane is one of the highest premier league scorers ever. If Connolly come half as good for us, we'll be doing well.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 2:37pm
Keane was not the goalscorer people make him out to be in club football at least.
People have green tinted glasses on when it comes to Robbie in that respect. he was great at spurs for a few seasons but not great anywhere else. As a Leeds fan I watched him at a very good Leeds team not able to score a combined 15 goals over 2-3 seasons. He scored more than 15 goals in a season once in his whole career. If you remove his MLS years and focus on his real career. I regard MLS as retirement from top football although improving, his record is 438/159. 

Aaron is in his first year of senior football. Strikers rarely come in scoring a tonne of goals even the ones you imagine were always full of goals. You need to play at the highest level possible. Aaron may end up in the championship for a couple of season but I doubt it. Henry scored 17 goals in his first season at arsenal. in his previous 5 seasons he mostly failed to get over 5 goals. Aguero was a phenom in Argentina when he scored a goal every 2 games. previous seasons 0,0,5. His first season at Atletico he got 6 goals. I'd wager Aaron would do better at a top club.

Anyway moral of the story is people need to be realistic on the goal scoring part especially if they are at a club like Brighton. I guarantee a lot of coaches a very happy with Aaron's progress and a lot of scouts are telling clubs to snap him up if you can get him on the cheap. (because they understand striker development) All that matters is Aaron is making a hell of a lot of right runs and clever movements. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 1:32pm
Only one difference is that Keane scores goals.

He's played 22 games without scoring a goal. This is ultimately his role in the team as a striker, to score goals.

Playing up top on his own against Liverpool, City and other teams of this calibre, at times he's completely lost (not his fault).

Playing 40 games next year at a lower level scoring regularly would do more for his development in the long term.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 1:22pm
Robinson was getting a lot of game time pre Corona virus. I think with him it is a physical thing. 
 I would honestly love Connolly at Leeds or Brentford if they go up. That or the Bundesliga
 If I had to guess next season will be his last at Brighton. They will sign a striker in the summer I reckon.
 It is very easy to blame the guy who does not fit your system and that is what Potter has done a lot to the detriment of Aaron's confidence at times. I think i have seen nearly every game this year and he is often the one yanked off. If Brighton had a decent midfield it may work out for him but the whole Brighton midfield is top end championship at best and generic. You just have to watch Proper the other night. Trossard excluded. That kid is classy. If you watched their distribution to the forwards on tape for the whole season I would think it would be comedic. People say Parrott is our new Robbie Keane but honestly Connolly is far far closer to that.
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 1:20pm
Better off staying at Brighton imo

Edited by Darren - 13 Jul 2020 at 1:22pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 10:12am
Yeah, I'd be happy for him to stay where he is if he can keep up an approx. 50% starting rate.
He looks up for the challenge and up to the level with the hope that he will improve in time too.

Only worry is the game time drops off, but then look at Robinson who is getting less game time than Connolly after dropping a division.  He may as well stayed at SU and warmed the bench there.

Connolly for me is a starter in Bulgaria, albeit on the left, with McG in the centre.

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 9:38am
He should fight for his Premier league place, its not like he's competing with aguero or anything.

His development over the past 6 months has been incredible, he just needs to add a few goals to his game.

He really hasn't had the opportunity to show his finishing ability yet as chances are not very forthcoming. 
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Aaron needs to think about leaving Brighton otherwise he will destroy his confidence. He is just not suited to them in the slightest. He is very very clever and no doubt scouts who have teams in other systems will see what he is and realise his potential.

If a choice was between starting with a championship club who attacked a bit or a backs to the wall Brighton in the PL he would probably develop more in the Championship.
It's not me it's you:-)
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 5:56pm
Looking at Kane here, you can be a top striker but if you're given nothing to work with you look bang average and anonymous.
Connolly suffers a lot from that for BHA when played up top against good opposition. 
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Aaron needs to think about leaving Brighton otherwise he will destroy his confidence. He is just not suited to them in the slightest. He is very very clever and no doubt scouts who have teams in other systems will see what he is and realise his potential.

When he was impressing in the Premier League B, Hoffenheim were interested. A move to the Bundesliga would suit his style very well. There would surely be overseas suitors if he wanted to move 
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 11:25pm
No blame attached to Connolly whatsoever for tonight's debacle. Even allowing for City's awesome quality, you'd expect Brighton to try and utilise his pace by getting some balls in behind their defenders-put them under pressure, as Big Jack would have said. They didn't have the midfielders to create anything and were sloppy again at the back. They'll stay up ok but it'll be more of the same next season with the current manager.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:24pm

Edited by Nialler - 11 Jul 2020 at 9:25pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:23pm
Brighton so far outclassed that it's barely watchable as a game of football. The standard difference between the top 3 or 4 and the bottom 6 these days is just huge. Absolutely nothing Connolly could do there, Brighton could hardly get over the half way line in possession of the ball.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:20pm
Some nice movement to put himself in good positions on the shoulder of defenders, some good bursts of pace but other than that he was chasing shadows 

Edited by Left foot - 11 Jul 2020 at 9:21pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:18pm
Replaced by Maupay with Brighton 4 nil down. Not exactly sure what he's expected to do when they can't get the ball within 20 yards of him.
We're decent enough..
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 8:44pm
In the brief few times the ball has come near him he’s done well 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 8:43pm
He doesn't get much luck with the teams he's chosen to start up front by himself against... Brighton have scarcely been out of their own half, no doubt some will find a way to blame Connolly for that.
We're decent enough..
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 7:06pm
Loved to see him score think he deserves one but unfortunately he probably be chasing shadows for 70 minutes before been taken off through no fault of his own
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 177>
  Share Topic