Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2016 Semis Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro 2016 Semis Thread
    Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 7:42pm
Gomez and Khedira both ruled out of the tournament with injuries.

Hummels suspended for Semis.

PS 6th Semi Final in a row for Die Mannschaft.

Edited by Gary McKay - 03 Jul 2016 at 7:53pm
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 8:04pm
Now now Gary, why two threads in one? You'll upset a few who wanted to get there first. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 9:54am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Now now Gary, why two threads in one? You'll upset a few who wanted to get there first. 
The Polizei have amended it.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 10:21am
You can make a case for any of the four teams making the final now. Two games very hard to call.

The final will not be though. France's side of the group is far superior and the winners of France-Germany will comfortably win the final.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 10:30am
I fancy Wales to beat Portugal. France to edge out Germany in a classic. France to beat Wales comfortably in the final.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 10:34am
Think Wales will really miss Ramsey in the semi. Also think they've had a good run of fortune and can see that coming to a halt vs Portugal. Although I thought that would happen against Belgium and was clearly way off on that one.

Germany to sneak a tight affair with France and beat Portuglal comfortably enough in the final.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 10:38am
Yeah I think Ramsey's absence would tilt me towards Portugal. He's been brilliant for them so far and is a huge loss.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah I think Ramsey's absence would tilt me towards Portugal. He's been brilliant for them so far and is a huge loss.

Would agree with this, everything good comes through him, I would back them with him, I won't touch them without. France to win it out.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 10:45am

One point off first in a €990 pot predictor. Have France to win the whole thing, beating Germany in the semis with Griezmann the tournaments tops scorer.

Still think France will win it out, and also think Wales will beat Portugal. Really haven't been impressed with Portugal at all.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 11:05am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

One point off first in a €990 pot predictor. Have France to win the whole thing, beating Germany in the semis with Griezmann the tournaments tops scorer.
Had 25 euro on the four semi finalists being - Germany, France, Portugal and Spain. Fcuking Spain doing me out of 1200 euro.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 11:18am
Some record the Portuguese have at the Euros....
1996 - Quarter Final
2000 - Semi Final
2004 - Final
2008 - Quarter Final
2012 - Semi Final
2016 - Semi Final
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 11:35am
Think Portugal will win after extra time
2-1

Germany despite injuries will have enough to beat French, as seen last night and against usas soon as someone attacked the French they looked vulnerable.

The Germans to win 3-0 Muller to score a hat trick
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 11:54am
It'll be a Portugal - Germany final. 

Ramsey is a huge lose for Wales, a terrific run but Johnny Williams simply isn't Aaron Ramsey, Ben Davies will be a massive lose also. 2-0 Portugal.

Germany v France.. Germany. Mats is a blow, but not catastrophic Kimmich can slot in there were he played a number of times for Bayern in the league and Champions League, id expect Mustafi to come in though. 

I wonder will he slot in Podolski or go with Gotze up top.. or possibly put Muller into his favoured position. 

Germany have the strength and depth to overcome any injury worries, cant look past the Germans.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 12:57pm
France have never lost in a tournament when played at home.

EURO 2016
Still unbeaten (drew one of the group games) 

WC 1998
Won every match

Euro 1984
Won every match

For that reason I'm going for them to beat Germany.

I think Wales missing Ramsey and Davies is a big blow for them. Portugal to win it...just

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 1:08pm
Well, they hosted the 1938 World Cup and Italy won that so they must have lost a game during that.

While we're at it, they drew with Italy in WC '98.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Well, they hosted the 1938 World Cup and Italy won that so they must have lost a game during that.

While we're at it, they drew with Italy in WC '98.

Good call, I got that stat from the BBC last night... bloody liars!

But they did beat Italy on Peno's in '98

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Germany v France.. Germany. Mats is a blow, but not catastrophic Kimmich can slot in there were he played a number of times for Bayern in the league and Champions League, id expect Mustafi to come in though. 

I wonder will he slot in Podolski or go with Gotze up top.. or possibly put Muller into his favoured position. 

Germany have the strength and depth to overcome any injury worries, cant look past the Germans.
Emre Can set to start I believe.
Whether in defence or holding mid Im not sure but I reckon the latter.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 1:36pm
Lost to Italy in the quarters in 38
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic