You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 126>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Jamie is a Tottenham lad born and bred, with Spurs since the age of 6 and under contract with them until 2023. He represented England at under-15 and under-16 levels before switching to Ireland for under-19s. I'm not sure what his Irish connection is or how committed he is to the green but the danger is always there another Grealish/ Rice situation may develop if he is really good. Let's hope not. He is right to go out on loan, young players will not get their chance under Mourinho.

His dad is Irish, I’m fairly sure

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2019/october/bowden-eyeing-all-three-points-in-leasingcom-trophy/%3fgamp=true

Edited by Howdo - 13 Aug 2020 at 10:40am
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

An Irish passport would be a good start.

Why U think he doesn't have one?
He's played for our U19's in an official match.

As for where, was just said that Champ/L1 was the most likely destination.

Did he sing the anthem though?
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 11:06am
His fathers a Dub from Ballybrack so obiously better than 3rd generation ala Rice and Grealish.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 11:06am

Jamie is a Tottenham lad born and bred, with Spurs since the age of 6 and under contract with them until 2023. He represented England at under-15 and under-16 levels before switching to Ireland for under-19s. I'm not sure what his Irish connection is or how committed he is to the green but the danger is always there another Grealish/ Rice situation may develop if he is really good. Let's hope not. He is right to go out on loan, young players will not get their chance under Mourinho.
Google tells me he was born in Edmonton. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

His fathers a Dub from Ballybrack so obiously better than 3rd generation ala Rice and Grealish.

Much of Jamie's family, including his uncle still live in the Ballybrack area too.

Edited by Maccatacca - 13 Aug 2020 at 12:19pm
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Having lived in Edmonton, it may as well be Tottenham. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:40pm
Edmonton borders Tottenham, I think. Another Ireland international from the area is Joe O'Cearuill, ex Arsenal, who I think still lives there. It's good that Jamie is first generation as he may be more likely to stay with us if his career takes off. I recall him being tipped as a future England international not so long ago.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Hey impressed you lived in Edmonton and lived to tell the tale really . Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Hey impressed you lived in Edmonton and lived to tell the tale really . Big smile

Yeah kept the head down and became accustomed to the occasional sound of gunfire😉. 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 10:46pm
Corey O'Keefe has signed a two year deal with Mansfield.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 9:53am
Aston Villa are reported to be planning a £10 million offer for Michael Obafemi, with West Brom also interested.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 10:07am

Aston Villa are reported to be planning a £10 million offer for Michael Obafemi, with West Brom also interested.
Be a strange move, I'd. fancy WBA and Villa to be in contention to be relegated.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 10:14am
Can't remember the last irish player to transfer for £10+ million, 

He seems to be highly rated in football circles
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 11:55am

Fairly derisory offer for a young, talented player tbh; hardly worth Southamptons time accepting it. Even if he ends up not living up to his potential it's peanuts for a Premier League club to miss out on, they'd be better taking their chance and he could be worth double or triple it in 18 months time.
We're decent enough..
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 11:59am
It would be a bad move for him but maybe he is third/fouth choice now after the close of the season. If that is the case then he has no choice. Not sure why Southampton would sell a 20 year old striker though. I would personally move Long on before Obafemi.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 7:46am
There's talk of Lee O'Connor going to Tranmere Rovers on loan.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 9:56am
Cheers for the heads-up.
Info here:
https://thecelticstar.com/promising-celtic-youngster-rumoured-to-make-move-to-english-league-2/

We happy with L2 for this lad?

EDIT: Sorry, I should add, I'm happy with ANY move for these Celtic lads who are rotting away up there.  Just wondering if we feel he could be aiming higher?
I'd imagine Tranmere, having just been relegated to L2, will be looking to bounce right back so playing in a competitive team with aspirations has to be good for O'Connor.

Edited by Fozz - 17 Aug 2020 at 10:02am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 10:07am
How exactly are they rotting away up there ?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 126>
  Share Topic