Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 126>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

A common refrain from the foam-flecked Brexiteers across the water who have revived the spirit of Enoch Powell but you don't expect that sort of crap to be prevalent in Ireland. That said, I recall reading an interview with Leon Best ( remember him ? ) in which he complained bitterly about being subjected to racism when growing up in Ireland. I suppose the difference would be that he wouldn't have been shy about slapping manners into gobsh*tes.

Dermot O'Leary has often spoken about getting thumped on visits over here when he was younger.
Surely he got thumped everywhere?
Sponsored Links

Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 10:21am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

A common refrain from the foam-flecked Brexiteers across the water who have revived the spirit of Enoch Powell but you don't expect that sort of crap to be prevalent in Ireland. That said, I recall reading an interview with Leon Best ( remember him ? ) in which he complained bitterly about being subjected to racism when growing up in Ireland. I suppose the difference would be that he wouldn't have been shy about slapping manners into gobsh*tes.

Dermot O'Leary has often spoken about getting thumped on visits over here when he was younger.

Surely he got thumped everywhere?

Probably, but him getting thumped anywhere else wouldn't be relevant to this page
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 10:22am
Who is he signing for? 

Edited by pre Madonna - 05 Jun 2020 at 10:25am
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 10:48am

Who is he signing for? 

S-****horpe Utd
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 1:42pm

Really? My experience is that racism, particularly casual racism, but often up to this level, is incredibly common in Ireland and certainly amongst the older generations. Racism in England tends to be, with the exception of the lunatic fringe who have become emboldened by certain political events, institutional rather than of this sort. We don't tend to have institutional racism as it was never necessary, although we have certainly played our part in it abroad. I think as a colonised nation ourselves we seem to think we have always been the victim; that's far from the case.
Over here it is far less likely a young lad would get any comment at all at a football club. It certainly wouldn't be as blunt. To paraphrase Stewart Lee on the changes in how racism is expressed over here; if political correctness has done anything for us, it has made the racism of the Tory party less overt.

Agree with all this. My other half isint Irish and took a long time to settle here, says friendliness here is widespread but superficial, making it difficult to make friends.she is frequently surprised at the amount of casual racism here too,interestingly I asked if it’s any one group of Irish that do it but she says no she’s worked with a wide range of people and it’s both country and city people she’s heard do it.my experience is in Britain it’s less openly done but it’s there too in the Brexit supporting lot.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 9:58pm
Danny Rogers released by Aberdeen. Jon Gallagher has returned to Atlanta.
We're decent enough..
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 7:56am
Joe Murphy ( now 39 ) released by Shrewsbury ; Paul Green ( now 37 ) by newly promoted Crewe ; Dylan Connolly by Wimbledon ; Mark Byrne by Gillingham ( but may be re-signed if he can prove his fitness ).
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 12:51pm
Wonder will Connolly get picked up by Bradford, seemed to play fairly regularly for them this year. Seems to be one of those players with loads of speed but not much else unfortunately.
We're decent enough..
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Danny Rogers released by Aberdeen. Jon Gallagher has returned to Atlanta.

feel like hes been on their books forever
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 7:10pm
Callum Thompson released by Wolves. Former underage cap Jordan Graham also let go.
We're decent enough..
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 12:07am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Wonder will Connolly get picked up by Bradford, seemed to play fairly regularly for them this year. Seems to be one of those players with loads of speed but not much else unfortunately.

Rumors of a move to shamrock rovers for connolly also some American clubs in the mix for him.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:45pm
< ="" ="navbar-toggle collapsed" -toggle="collapse" -target="#er" style="font: inherit; margin: 8px 7px 8px 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; : relative; : right; padding: 9px 10px; : rgb77, 148, 30; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb255, 255, 255; border-radius: 4px; height: 42px;">Toggle navigation< ="" ="navbar-toggle navbar-search-btn pull-left" style="font: inherit; margin: 8px 7px 8px 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; : relative; : left; padding: 9px 10px; : rgb77, 148, 30; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb255, 255, 255; border-radius: 4px; height: 42px;">
Trending TRENDING
FOOTBALL 
Jun 17, 2020
By PJ Browne

Ireland U17 International Keeper Completes Bundesliga Move

Dan Rose has signed for Schalke 04.

The Ireland U17 player and his representatives confirmed on Wednesday that he will leave Everton and join the Bundesliga side.

Advertisement

Rose played for the Everton U18s this season.

✍️ DONE DEAL!£
£
We're delighted to announce, our client and @FAIreland goalkeeper, Dan Rose has officially signed for @s04_en
£#S04 #Schalke #DanRose

View image on Twitter
See FirstForPlayers's other Tweets

The Liverpool Echo reports that Rose turned down a scholarship offer from Everton and that the club will be due training compensation from the German team.

Rose, who was born in England, qualifies to play for Ireland through his Irish mother. He was part of Colin O'Brien's Ireland U17 group which qualified for the elite round of the European Championships last year.

Advertisement

Rose will be the third Ireland underage international at a Bundesliga club. Anselmo Garcia McNulty is at Wolfsburg and Conor Noss at Borussia Mönchengladbach. He has signed a long-term deal with Schalke.

< ="instagram-media instagram-media-rendered" id="instagram--0" ="https://www.instagram.com/p/CBiqhw1Bk_Q//captioned/?cr=1&v=12&wp=1071&rd=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.balls.ie&rp=%2Ffootball%2Fireland-u17-international-keeper-dan-rose-schalke-437528#%7B%22ci%22%3A0%2C%22os%22%3A1906.200000026729%2C%22ls%22%3A1531.600000045728%2C%22le%22%3A1536.6999999969266%7D" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" border="0" height="703" -instgrm-payload-id="instagram-media-payload-0" scrolling="no" style="-sizing: border-; max-width: 658px; padding: 0px; : white; width: calc100% - 2px; border-radius: 3px; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb219, 219, 219; -shadow: none; display: block; margin: 0px 0px 12px; min-width: 326px;">

Photo credit: Ververidis Vasilis / Shutterstock.com

See Also: Frank Feighan Fights Corner Of Pub-Going Football Fans In The Dáil

< width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" border="no" allow="autoplay" ="https://w.cloud.com/p/?=https%3A//api.cloud.com/tracks/841820995&color=%238ba54f&auto_play=false&hide_related=true&show_comments=false&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=false&visual=true" style="-sizing: border-; max-width: 100%;">

Also Read: We Test Just How Good The Huawei P40 Pro Camera Really Is

Tags:
Share this article

PJ Browne 
ARTICLE WRITTEN BY

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

< ="load-more" style="font: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: initial; -: 0px 0px; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial;">
Balls.ie
Balls Media Ltd
FREE - In Google Play
VIEW
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:45pm

Dan Rose has signed for Schalke 04.

The Ireland U17 player and his representatives confirmed on Wednesday that he will leave Everton and join the Bundesliga side.

Advertisement

Rose played for the Everton U18s this season.

Rose, who was born in England, qualifies to play for Ireland through his Irish mother. He was part of Colin O'Brien's Ireland U17 group which qualified for the elite round of the European Championships last year.

Advertisement

Rose will be the third Ireland underage international at a Bundesliga club. Anselmo Garcia McNulty is at Wolfsburg and Conor Noss at Borussia Mönchengladbach. He has signed a long-term deal with SchalkE

Edited by McG - 18 Jun 2020 at 9:18am
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 9:08am
Nice posting
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 11:48am
Dead
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 4:00pm
Watch out for the boy McNulty mentioned above, who came to Wolfsburg via Real Betis. One parent is Irish ( north ), the other Spanish but against the boy playing for Spain as he is pro- Catalan or pro-Basque ( can't remember which ). So we've got this kid who's quite a player and was scouted by numerous big clubs during his underage appearances for Ireland. Still very young obviously but could be a big player in the future.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 10:34pm
Kevin Dawson released by Forest Green.
We're decent enough..
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 8:50am
Jonny Hayes reportedly set to sign a two year deal with Aberdeen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 126>
  Share Topic