You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 126>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 12:20pm
Adam Rooney has has left Salford to join Solihull Moors. Still only 31.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 13 Mar 2020 at 12:20pm
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 11:45am
Missed this at the time, but Rob Kiernan joined Orange County is the US from Southend. His career really nosedived after a promising spell with Wigan.
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 12:03pm
He must have enjoyed his time at The Rangers.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Missed this at the time, but Rob Kiernan joined Orange County is the US from Southend. His career really nosedived after a promising spell with Wigan.

Unreal lifetstyle if he is on any sort of decent money
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Unreal lifetstyle if he is on any sort of decent money

Money isn't too great at that level, however there are some "bigger name" players that exceed MLS minimum salary, which is pretty low.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 9:26pm
I'd have thought about 40-50K max per annum at that level. You wouldn't be retiring on it anyway.
We're decent enough..
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 12:08am

I'd have thought about 40-50K max per annum at that level. You wouldn't be retiring on it anyway.

yeah exactly, MLS minimum is like 60k USD for reference
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 3:49am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Adam Rooney has has left Salford to join Solihull Moors. Still only 31.

Only seeing this, was playing fro Aberdeen in the summer of 2018 and is now at Solibull Moors, thats a big drop in less than two years. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 1:17pm
Rowan Roache signed permanently for Bamber Bridge prior to the suspension of the season. Really disappointing considering he looked close to breaking through at Blackpool aged just 16/17.
We're decent enough..
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 4:40pm

Rowan Roache signed permanently for Bamber Bridge prior to the suspension of the season. Really disappointing considering he looked close to breaking through at Blackpool aged just 16/17.

Surprising. I thought he was a too
Prospect there. Hopefully/perhaps just to keep fit through end of season?
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 8:42am
Samir Carruthers is being released by Cambridge. Given the size of his contract and the current situation, never mind his own difficulties at the club, it is a shame. When he did play he looked too good for the fourth division, but the reality is that he may struggle to get any club for a while.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 10:57am
He's still only 27, I think. He played in the Premiership for Aston Villa when in his teens but never delivered on early promise, like many another who did likewise ( e.g. Reece Grego-Cox, Kevin Toner, etc). It's going to be even harder for free agents to get new clubs even in the lower leagues after the financial hits caused by the lockdown. Sadly, young Samir may be remembered in the future more for pissing about at the Cheltenham races along with that other devil-may-care Irish rogue James Collins than for his footballing talents. At least Collins went on to win full international caps for Ireland, despite never playing in the Premiership, though he can thank big Mick for that-I can't see him making any of Kenny's squads with so many gifted young strikers coming through.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 11:26am
He had off-field issues at the U's as well, which, along with injury,is why he only played a handful of matches. 
I didn't even think he was that old, but you're right. A wasted career really.

Edited by pre Madonna - 03 May 2020 at 11:26am
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Samir Carruthers is being released by Cambridge. Given the size of his contract and the current situation, never mind his own difficulties at the club, it is a shame. When he did play he looked too good for the fourth division, but the reality is that he may struggle to get any club for a while.
I’m sure he’ll gain employment in a garden centre!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 2:34pm
Conrad Logan released by Mansfield. Rysn Sweeney and CJ Hamilton on their retained list.
We're decent enough..
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 5:56pm
Has Chris "CJ" Hamilton declared for Ireland ? I knew he was a highly rated winger, formerly with Sheffield Utd and a transfer target for West Brom in the recent past, but the only Irish connection I've seen on the internet is that he played underage hurling in Waterford. Ryan Sweeney was on the verge of the Stoke first team when they were in the Premiership but seems destined for a lower level career now.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 8:59pm
Hamilton grew up here, no idea if he's formally declared or not.
We're decent enough..
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 10:21am

Know anything about this kid? Certainly has commendable attitude.

[/QUOTE]

That's a tough read. Telling someone who was born in ireland to go back to their own country....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 126>
  Share Topic