Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 126>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 12:14am
As I just said on the Chelsea thread, they have 37 players out on loan. The chances of making it at a top club are harder and harder, expect plenty more to fall by the wayside. For those that don't and who manage to revive their careers, don't expect them to be making an international debut until they are 25/26. I think most EPL clubs would scrap their academies and just buy mid-table teams in Holland and Belgium if they could. I am sure the idea has already been discussed somewhere.
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 12:44am
Think it's been a pretty decent transfer window actually, O'Dowda, Hendrick, Egan, Duffy etc. getting upwardly mobile moves, and then the likes of Williams, Hoban, O'Kane, McGeady, Stokes and so on securing moves that will get them back playing regular football.
We're decent enough..
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 12:59am
it has been in general a good window for Irish players but the fact Brady hasn't gotten a Premier League move sours it quite a bit
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 1:12am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

it has been in general a good window for Irish players but the fact Brady hasn't gotten a Premier League move sours it quite a bit
Doesn't look like he wanted to move, which seems to be a measure of him as a person. He seems happy at Norwich, has belief in himself and his team mates to get up and doesn't want to move just for the sake of it. If he is happy there I don't think it will do him any harm at all.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 10:02pm
Brian Murphy has signed for Cardiff
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 11:39am
Conor Henderson rejoins Crawley on a short term deal.
We're decent enough..
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 3:33pm
There are rumours that Sean Maguire will leave Cork City for Preston North End this month.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 11:30pm
Ipswich, Leeds, and PNE also scouting Kevin O'Connor
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 11:31pm
Why do Preston North End love Irish players so much?? Is there a paddy working on the board ?
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 1:54am
Paul Corry has joined Shamrock Rovers along with Ryan Connolly, Roberto Lopes and Dan Devine.

On a more global front, Kyle Callan-McFadden has been released by Orlando City and Billy Mehmet has joined Brunei DPMM from Tampines Rovers after an 18 goal debut season in the Singaporean League. A more interesting career move than slugging it out in the SPL you'd think...
We're decent enough..
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 2:14am
The Singaporean league.. Where Roy O'Donovan managed to win MVP of the season a few year ago LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 10:47am
Didn't do Roy any harm, top scorer for his club and A-League Goal of the Season last year... Again, a hell of a lot more interesting than knocking around L2/LOI like he otherwise would have been.
We're decent enough..
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 11:14am
Fair play to them..Experiencing new cultures, probably getting very well paid and probably far more appreciated as footballers
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 12:45pm
http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/sport/7263007/Dutch-giants-the-latest-club-to-join-the-chase-for-Dundalk-star-Daryl-Horgan.html

DUTCH giants PSV Eindhoven are the latest club to join the chase for Dundalk star Daryl Horgan.

Horgan is attracting plenty of interest worldwide thanks to stunning displays in the Lilywhites Europa League run.

PSV face tough competition from Premier League Hull City with Mickey Phelan also keen on his services. Bolton, Preston and Ipswich are also fans, along with Colorado Rapids and Philadelphia Union.

Horgan, 24, has had a dream season, winning a third league title with Dundalk and starring in their Euro run as he was named Player of the Year and earned a call-up to the Ireland squad.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2016 at 12:20pm
Josh O'Hanlon joined Newport County a few weeks ago having been released by Bournemouth. Seems to have cemented a starting place for himself straight away.
We're decent enough..
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 2:40pm
Saw O'Hanlon playing for Longford Town in the season just ended.  Lots of better players in the League of Ireland. I think he is with Wycombe Wanderers. 
alive and kicking
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

Saw O'Hanlon playing for Longford Town in the season just ended.  Lots of better players in the League of Ireland. I think he is with Wycombe Wanderers. 
Definitely with Newport, he started at the weekend but was subbed off in a 4-1 defeat at Blackpool.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 7:24pm
I'd almost forgotten he existed, but Ronan Murray has finally found himself a new club in the form of Galway United. He should do well there.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/1202/836063-galway-land-ronan-murray/
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 126>
  Share Topic