You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 126>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Peterborough are reported today to be ready to put in a bid for Conor Coventry, who has been impressing in pre-season games for West Ham.

He really needs to be playing football now. As said, he's had a good preseason but west ham are not going to be handing out time on the pitch to him.

Season starts next week and he should jump at the chance to make a name for himself.

I thought it was significant he was starting ahead of Mark Noble today. Not only that he played the full game. He’s made a big impression and with West Ham playing in the Europa League also you may well see him stay and play Cup games if they don’t sign another player? 

If not a loan to Peterborough would be a very interesting move actually? Would he play regularly for Peterborough? They already have quite a packed midfield roster?
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Peterborough are reported today to be ready to put in a bid for Conor Coventry, who has been impressing in pre-season games for West Ham.

He really needs to be playing football now. As said, he's had a good preseason but west ham are not going to be handing out time on the pitch to him.

Season starts next week and he should jump at the chance to make a name for himself.

I thought it was significant he was starting ahead of Mark Noble today. Not only that he played the full game. He’s made a big impression and with West Ham playing in the Europa League also you may well see him stay and play Cup games if they don’t sign another player? 

If not a loan to Peterborough would be a very interesting move actually? Would he play regularly for Peterborough? They already have quite a packed midfield roster?

West Ham are probably just putting him in the shop window.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 7:48pm
West Ham fans seem unhappy about him leaving permanently. He has been in fine form pre-season, Noble is way past his best and Rice will be off to a bigger club as soon as he can. Would not appear to make much sense selling him now though a loan to Posh or one of the other interested clubs in the Championship may appeal. David Moyes will have to make the decision.

Edited by Green Cockade - 31 Jul 2021 at 7:49pm
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 3:11pm
31 transfers, five loan deals, eight new contracts, and three managerial appointments were completed in July for Irish players and coaches: http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog?id=4310144131991244936
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 12:44pm
One I missed. Conor Tee, formerly of Leicester City and an Ireland under-18 international, has signed for South Shields.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 1:03pm
The championship and league 1 season starting in a few days, as this is where the majority of irish players play I guess this is of the most interest to us.

A little surprised that a number of players haven't secured moves away from clubs they're unlikely to get game time in.

Molumby - might see the Brighton bench if they are short but never going to get on the pitch. Needs a championship move before the window shuts on the 31st.

Idah - might get ten minutes here and there if he's lucky but needs to play week in week out to gain that much needed experience.

Duffy - championship move to get back to his best much needed.

Kilkenny - hmm had a fantastic preseason, think he would be best fighting for a place in the Bournemouth team.

Hourihane - not going to get much gametime at villa, needs another championship move.

Obafemi - needs to get first team football, will only be used as a sub at Southampton.

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 1:04pm

One I missed. Conor Tee, formerly of Leicester City and an Ireland under-18 international, has signed for South Shields.

Wow - he was being spoken about in glowing terms a couple of years ago
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 1:09pm
That's some drop.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 1:28pm

The championship and league 1 season starting in a few days, as this is where the majority of irish players play I guess this is of the most interest to us.

A little surprised that a number of players haven't secured moves away from clubs they're unlikely to get game time in.

Molumby - might see the Brighton bench if they are short but never going to get on the pitch. Needs a championship move before the window shuts on the 31st.

Idah - might get ten minutes here and there if he's lucky but needs to play week in week out to gain that much needed experience.

Kilkenny - hmm had a fantastic preseason, think he would be best fighting for a place in the Bournemouth team.

Hourihane - not going to get much gametime at villa, needs another championship move.

Obafemi - needs to get first team football, will only be used as a sub at Southampton.

I fancy Idah and Kilkenny to stay where they are and get some games.  Impressive reports coming out on Kilkenny's preseason so he could be on the verge of a much-needed breakthrough.

Obafemi seeems to be on his way, but to where remains a question.

Looking forward to the openeing games, I would love to see Festy get a start for Derby.
And Watson.

Edited by Fozz - 03 Aug 2021 at 1:35pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 1:33pm

I was actually think about this earlier, and while the likes of Idah, Molumby etc are one thing given their age and early development, if Kenny remains interested in utilising players like Duffy, Hourihane, Long, and McClean, it would be better for them to secure moves. Equally, McCarthy and Brady to actually secure contracts. Randolph has fallen down the pecking order at WH, so a move there would be useful. Hendrick's status at Newcastle also seems to be uncertain.

Both Nathan and James Collins have secured good moves, but last summer there was significantly more to be positive about.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I was actually think about this earlier, and while the likes of Idah, Molumby etc are one thing given their age and early development, if Kenny remains interested in utilising players like Duffy, Hourihane, Long, and McClean, it would be better for them to secure moves. Equally, McCarthy and Brady to actually secure contracts. Randolph has fallen down the pecking order at WH, so a move there would be useful. Hendrick's status at Newcastle also seems to be uncertain.

Both Nathan and James Collins have secured good moves, but last summer there was significantly more to be positive about.
Time will tell if Nathan Collins is a good move or not. I don’t think anyone’s battering down the Burnley door for tarkowski.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Time will tell if Nathan Collins is a good move or not. I don’t think anyone’s battering down the Burnley door for tarkowski.

Agree with that. But its a positive, upwardly mobile move, for a reasonably high fee, and without having been capped at senior level yet. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Agree with that. But its a positive, upwardly mobile move, for a reasonably high fee, and without having been capped at senior level yet. 

Theres 3 clubs interested in Tarkowski reading between the lines but again a bit like Armstrong or even Ings a large transfer fee for a player out of contract in 11 months is off putting. 3/4 years ago these clubs would have paid I think but now things are that bit tighter even for PL teams very telling signs of that this year. 

Tarkowski will walk for free next year id actually be shocked if he didn’t. Also Burnley have little in the way of wingers it wouldn’t be the greatest shock if you saw Dyche go with 3 at the back at some point this season. 

Collins can also play at RB. Lowton is good but he’s no superstar. Collins will only need one chance to stake a claim I think. He’s seriously talented. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 3:20pm
To answer above I think there’s plenty to be positive about this season especially with the sheer volume of young talent we have. I’m most looking forward to seeing what our young midfielders do actually. 
Coventry
Johansson
Noss
Kilkenny
Connell 
Doyle Hayes
Molumby
Smallbone 
Watson
Taylor
Hodge
Grant
McCann 

There’s an absolute host of them all featuring prominently for clubs the last few weeks particularly the first 4 mentioned above and they look potentially the most likely to get going properly with their respective clubs/on loan at a decent level and put themselves into contention for the senior squad in October/November. September might come soon enough. 

Also looking forward to seeing how Idah Connolly Obafemi Parrott do again. It didn’t go right for them last year but they have plenty time on their side. I’d love to see what the first 3 would do if going on loan to the Championship but as it stands Obafemi aside they look likely to be staying where they are.

Edited by kevin100 - 03 Aug 2021 at 4:49pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 3:54pm
Corey O'Keefe has joined Rochdale on loan from Mansfield until next January.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 5:16pm
Agreed that lots of players who really could have done with a move haven't secured one yet; Hourihane, Long, Duffy, Molumby, Hendrick, maybe Connolly could be mentioned here. Looking at some of the younger players still no clue what the likes of Connell, Ronan, O'Connor are going to do for the season but surely they have to be on the lookout for a loan at least.

Obafemi looks like he could be on the move, important he gets one. McCarthy gone to Celtic today which seems like an OK move, just hope he can manage to stay injury free. Kelleher is obviously staying at Liverpool to be second fiddle to Alisson, pros and cons to that I guess but he will have to get gametime eventually if he wants to start for Ireland.

Good to see some young players involved with their clubs in pre-season like Johansson, Noss, Coventry, Travers and Kilkenny, but we will see how involved they are when it comes to competitive games. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Agreed that lots of players who really could have done with a move haven't secured one yet; Hourihane, Long, Duffy, Molumby, Hendrick, maybe Connolly could be mentioned here. Looking at some of the younger players still no clue what the likes of Connell, Ronan, O'Connor are going to do for the season but surely they have to be on the lookout for a loan at least.

Obafemi looks like he could be on the move, important he gets one. McCarthy gone to Celtic today which seems like an OK move, just hope he can manage to stay injury free. Kelleher is obviously staying at Liverpool to be second fiddle to Alisson, pros and cons to that I guess but he will have to get gametime eventually if he wants to start for Ireland.

Good to see some young players involved with their clubs in pre-season like Johansson, Noss, Coventry, Travers and Kilkenny, but we will see how involved they are when it comes to competitive games. 

I think Connell and O'Connor should sit tight and try force their way into the new managers plans. Theres not a whole pile of competition there and they will probably get opportunities in Cup and European games.

Connolly I reckon is grand. Just needs to stay injury free and keep the head down.

Duffy might get a look in again after they sold White to Arsenal. Hes been getting plenty of minutes in preseason with them anyway.

Ronan has an ACL injury and probably wont be back until the end of the year. Very good chance Grasshoppers might take him back in January given theyre owned by the same owner as Wolves and he had a good spell with them last season.

Kilkenny and Travers already were involved in a competitive game. Carabao Cup there over the weekend. Scott Parker seems to have taken a shine to Kilkenny anyway so he'll hopefully get a decent amount of game time there this seasons.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 6:23pm

Will Ferry is heading out on loan to Crawley. I don’t know of another outfield player who had so few minutes game time compared to how often he was named on the bench. 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 126>
  Share Topic