Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 126>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 6:36pm
Eddie Nolan has joined Blackpool.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 8:58pm
Seen today that I missed Joel Coustrain was released by Sheffield United in July but made his debut for Raith last night think it was Thumbs Up
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 4:36am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Seen today that I missed Joel Coustrain was released by Sheffield United in July but made his debut for Raith last night think it was Thumbs Up

Yeah he's played 3 games over there for them now, seems to be doing well, massive step down from Sheff Utd but hopefully will do well enough to get a move to a bigger club
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 3:46pm
Ciaran Clark is now a magpie...  since 20 minutes ago 
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 3:49pm
and given number 5 shirt 
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

This must be the most depressing thread on here.
Full of fellas going to Ebbsfleet, development squads & the likes of Paul Green.

At least it's educational, finding out there's a team called Ebbsfleet for a start. Ermm

Disappointing that it's looking like no PL moves for Jeff Hendrick or Robbie Brady. On a quick count up that leaves the probable first eleven as, 6 PL and 5 championship. Of the 6 PL only 2 look definite starters ; Seamus Coleman and Shane Long. The others : Darren Randolph (definite reserve) and 3 it's hard to be sure about ; Jonathan Walters, John o'shea and Stephen Ward. 

It's not ideal.

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 9:44am
Transfer window doesn't close until 31st August so I'd expect there to be a bit more activity involving some of our guys.

James McCarthy and James McClean will be starters in the PL as will Stephen Ward.

As long as the likes of Hoolahan, Hendrick, Brady, Duffy and Keogh are playing regularly and playing well in the Championship, I'd be happy enough.

Westwood might find himself in line for No. 1 this campaign if Randolph's situation doesn't improve.
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 12:13pm
Noel Hunt joins Portsmouth
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 12:21pm
Sean Long has joined Cambridge on a 6 month loan.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Transfer window doesn't close until 31st August so I'd expect there to be a bit more activity involving some of our guys.

James McCarthy and James McClean will be starters in the PL as will Stephen Ward.

As long as the likes of Hoolahan, Hendrick, Brady, Duffy and Keogh are playing regularly and playing well in the Championship, I'd be happy enough.

Westwood might find himself in line for No. 1 this campaign if Randolph's situation doesn't improve.

I wasn't counting James McClean in the first eleven as I don't think he's quite there, more like first impact sub, but it's close. I somehow left out James McCarthy Confused
Hopefully Westwood and Martin O'Neill had time to sort out their differences while they were away at the Euros.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 4:17pm
Ryan Sweeney completed his move to Stoke yesterday
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 4:21pm
Kevin Foley to Charlton.
We're decent enough..
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 10:09pm
John O'Sullivan (Blackburn) joins Accrington Stanley on loan until January.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 6:50pm
Conrad Logan to Rochdale.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 9:35pm
Charles Dunne has joined Oldham Athletic.
We're decent enough..
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 7:39pm
The ginger Pirlo  is being linked with Celtic ,  Aston Villa and Wigan...he didnt feature today vs Man U
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 2:32pm
Reece Grego-Cox gone on loan to Newport until January
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 11:51pm
So basically this thing wraps up with one positive move (maybe 2 if you include O'Dowda's earlier move upwards) for Jeff Hendrick. Just talking about the senior squad members, I know the likes of Egan has also moved upwards, but overall, it has been a window of downward moves for Irish players, and had one of our better ones in McCarthy not been injured, he probably would have moved downward too. 

It seems the likes of the long top level careers enjoyed by the likes of Duff, Keane, Dunne, JOS & yes, Whelan are not going to be the norm for us from here in, unless an exceptional talent emerges from somewhere. 

Lads are taking longer to reach the top level, and among the very top clubs, nearly out of the picture altogether, and have been since JOS left Man U & Duff left Chelsea, neither of those events today or yesterday, and both bit part players at those clubs by the time they left. 

Nothing to say the likes of Hendrick won't have a long career at top level either, but he is starting from a low base, same for Brady if he eventually moves or Norwich get back up. Difficult to see a Brady type getting a game at Man U these days when they can just spend 100 million on one of the best players in the world, unless that player is truly exceptional. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 126>
  Share Topic