You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Additional Midfield Options

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coleman esque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 1:04am
And Redmond has no interest in playing for us anyway judging by this tweet https://twitter.com/nathanredmond22/status/743473334835380224
Sponsored Links

SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Coleman esque Coleman esque wrote:

And Redmond has no interest in playing for us anyway judging by this tweet https://twitter.com/nathanredmond22/status/743473334835380224

I seen that earlier

Redmond was always at a push, as I said.

Bamford should be our priority, before he starts banging goals in for fun again. Scott Hogan and himself would be fantastic additions for Russia replacing Doyle, Murphy etc although I'd say Mason is more suited to the hoof it up approach Murphy gives us.
Coleman esque View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coleman esque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 1:07am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Nathan Redmond is an interesting one, publically announced he'd be interested in representing ourselves or Jamica.. He's now in the championship, it's time we start snapping the heals of these guys. Although Redmond would be a tough one, having Martin O'Neill and Keane will always be a pull factor though. If you look at Redmonds Twitter which he uses daily when we win he'll always pass comment, maybe there is hope.

Bamford is a must in my opinion, he'll eventually settle in the PL and bang them in just hasn't found the right club. He should never of left Boro..
Redmond is on the verge of joining Southampton..

And someone mentioned young Kev Toner above, unfortunately Villa have signed Tommy Elpick from Bournemouth so there goes Toner's chances next season

I just seen the story.. 11m.

How do you know that? Clark will be sold, Richards/Lescott the same id suspect due to their wages. If not you'd imagine he'll be loaned out to a championship club.

I'm also hoping we pinch young Lavery from Everton, great one for the future if he can keep it up.
Agreed that Lavery is a top prospect tbf.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coleman esque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 1:08am

I seen that earlier

Redmond was always at a push, as I said.

Bamford should be our priority, before he starts banging goals in for fun again. Scott Hogan and himself would be fantastic additions for Russia replacing Doyle, Murphy etc although I'd say Mason is more suited to the hoof it up approach Murphy gives us.
Let's hope that goal machine Ronan Hale breaks through at Birmingham next season. Eoghan Stokes at Leeds too!

Edited by Coleman esque - 25 Jun 2016 at 1:08am
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 1:11am
"If England do well I might watch an England game or if we're away and it's on. I can't see myself getting too many games."

Heres a nice quote from scott hogan just before the euros. Will be intersting to see his response to a call up should he get one for the next matches.
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coleman esque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

"<span style="color: rgb73, 73, 73; font-family: "PT Sans", sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px;">If England do well I might watch an England game or if we're away and it's on. I can't see myself getting too many games."</span>
<span style="color: rgb73, 73, 73; font-family: "PT Sans", sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px;">
</span>
[COLOR=#494949" face="PT Sans, sans-serif]<span style="font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px;]Heres a nice quote from scott hogan just before the euros. Will be intersting to see his response to a call up should he get one for the next matches.</span>[/COLOR]
interesting tweet from him here too https://twitter.com/scotthogan92/status/426396187651235840
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 1:16am
Scott Hogan will be called up during this campaign it goes without saying, I live in Brentford the locals expect the lad to lead the line next season he looks like he's about to live up to his potential.

Here's another quote '
Then there is the Ireland thing, which again is a surprise. Roy Keane was at Huddersfield on Saturday apparently and if Roy Keane rang me up, I couldn’t say no to Roy Keane. He is one of my heroes.

I don't give a toss about him saying he'll see any England game during the Euros tbh. If he scores v Serbia/Wales/Austria no one will care.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 1:21am
We have to face a reality here. Bamford/Hogan don't currently feel Irish, it goes without saying.. Clinton Morrison didn't either until he arrived and seen the place, experienced what it means to wear a green jersey and how much it means to people like us.

Cyrus Christie had never been in Dublin until last year, couldn't pronounce Clontarf fs I bet he loves every moment of it now. Ideally we produce lads in Ireland and then we get the likes of O'Dowda and Walters/Keogh/Kilbane who are Irish despite their accent, but we also need guys who well aren't Irish but they embrace our culture and learn to love it and come the day they retire from a green jersey it's the best moments of their career.

Look how we got McGoldrick, he'd never even met his birth mother never mind her parents. But he wears the Green and he's done well when asked.. our strike force is aging and come Russia we do need reinforcements.

Edited by SByrne24 - 25 Jun 2016 at 1:25am
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coleman esque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 1:27am

We have to face a reality here. Bamford/Hogan don't currently feel Irish, it goes without saying.. Clinton Morrison didn't either until he arrived and seen the place, experienced what it means to wear a green jersey and how much it means to people like us.

Cyrus Christie had never been in Dublin until last year, couldn't pronounce Clontarf fs I bet he loves every moment of it now. Ideally we produce lads in Ireland and then we get the likes of O'Dowda and Walters/Keogh/Kilbane who are Irish despite their accent, but we also need guys who well aren't Irish but they embrace our culture and learn to love it and come the day they retire from a green jersey it's the best moments of their career.

Completely agree. I'm just saying, if I was English and my maternal gran was Irish, I still wouldn't feel Irish one bit I'd imagine. But say if both my parents were Irish or at least one of them I think you'd have a better sense of Irishness. It's obviously hard for players with just one Irish grandparent to feel Irish you know, goes without saying...
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 1:35am

Completely agree. I'm just saying, if I was English and my maternal gran was Irish, I still wouldn't feel Irish one bit I'd imagine. But say if both my parents were Irish or at least one of them I think you'd have a better sense of Irishness. It's obviously hard for players with just one Irish grandparent to feel Irish you know, goes without saying...

Exactly it's different if one of your parents is Irish you Defiently get a feel for the culture through playing GAA, music and watching nights like we experienced v Italy this week. Unless you're close to your grandparent it's different, the best we can hope for is players initially see it as a career move and hopefully along the way fall in love with it and are proud to call themselves Irish. I seen Clinton Morrison referring to himself as Irish after Mick convinced him, the list goes on..you'd be amazed how many fellas/women with deep London accents or anywhere else for that matter call themselves Irish, it's truly astonishing.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 11:54am

I get your point, but Clinton Morrison was always very proud of his Irish heritage. Same with a lot of people in London with Irish and Caribbean backgrounds.

Bamford seems like a smart lad though. Sure he'd appreciate the value of an Irish passport right now

Edited by DeclanDaly - 25 Jun 2016 at 11:55am
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 2:16pm

That's not confirmation of anything really.....Ciaran Clarke played for England at an u20's Championship I bet he celebrated their wins in the same fashion there......I'd wager alot of the England players were watching and cheered on Ireland's goal against Italy......none of it mean anything
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 2:35pm
Dan crowley be a great coup if we could pull that off
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Dan crowley be a great coup if we could pull that off

100% Crowley would be a fantastic one. He's aware of his irish routes that's for sure, there's a picture of himself and his younger brother with the brother wearing an Ireland top.

Bamford does seem an intelligent fella alright, he'd be my main target right now.. We've a number of midfielders we're crying out for strikers. Bamford and Hogan would be nice options to have.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coleman esque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 5:35pm
We were on about Redmond last night on here.
He's just signed for Southampton, wouldn't be surprised to see Brady go there as Mane will join Liverpool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic