Drunken Idoits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drunken Idoits
    Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by Coleman esque Coleman esque wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Where did this 'dont take me home' song come from?  Never heard it until a couple of weeks ago.
Wales fans sang it first

Newcastle have been singing it for over 4 years

It would have to be them!
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

On the flip side if only lads who go to LOI games went it'd be fairly dull fare.

Not what Spurs fans and management and police said about Rovers fans that night.

Yay... lets judge ourselves by what Spurs fans think

Spot of colonial cringe there kid....

Point was if we only brought the 10 to 15,000 regular LOI supporters to the tournament it could be a bit dull. Not to mention some of the scobies who follow certain clubs.

Only about 15k travelled to Euro88.

Colonial
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Coleman esque Coleman esque wrote:

Where did this 'dont take me home' song come from?  Never heard it until a couple of weeks ago.
Wales fans sang it first

Newcastle have been singing it for over 4 years
Coleman esque View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coleman esque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 6:55pm

Wales fans sang it first
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

On the flip side if only lads who go to LOI games went it'd be fairly dull fare.

They'd be going around calling everyone barstoolers in their Burberry hats etc...

Actually, your most likely meet them with in Nice or Marseilles.

Come to Cork, Burberry hats and English accents are banned.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Coleman esque View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coleman esque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 6:50pm
Shamrock Rovers casuals
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Not what Spurs fans and management and police said about Rovers fans that night.

Yay... lets judge ourselves by what Spurs fans think

Spot of colonial cringe there kid....

Point was if we only brought the 10 to 15,000 regular LOI supporters to the tournament it could be a bit dull. Not to mention some of the scobies who follow certain clubs.

A good mix is much better imo and the ultra fan brigade should lighten up a little.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 6:31pm
Messy lads alright, but so what, most more of a danger to themselves than anyone. Most in their early 20s. Let them at it. No harm, as expected at a major tournament. They won't be back back til the next tournament but who cares tbh, they can go to what they want.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 6:07pm

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 5:59pm

They'd be going around calling everyone barstoolers in their Burberry hats etc...

Actually, your most likely meet them with in Nice or Marseilles.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 5:55pm
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 5:24pm
So basically it is the exact same feedback as from 4 years ago.

Great numbers, mostly well behaved, great press, a large bandwagon, some drunken fools,  and awful songs. Throw in the offensive flags this time round. Then again, we could probably say all this about 88 and 90 too.

It really is a pity none of these lads will be near LR, never mind the LoI, but back into it if we qualify in 4 years.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Some amount of whinebags on here. Everyone who went over enjoyed themselves & behaved themselves, who cares what songs they sang or whether it was their first ever game or their 100th game. Some here seem to have a serious superiority issue on ranking fans. At the end of the day everyone was there to support the team, have a few drinks and enjoy the day/weekend/week. Complaining about what colour jersey someone wore or you didn't like the "take me home" song etc is petty crap. You enjoyed yourself, they enjoyed themselves, everyone behaved well and hopefully some who wouldn't normally go to games will now do so. At the end of the day we're all on the same side

I read yesterday that only one Irish fan was arrested during the tournament and that was a guy who was arrested for his own safety as he was out of it. That's a brilliant display of good behaviour and they did the country proud.

Agree completely about this idea of ranking Irish fans, it's completely wrong headed. I'd argue that the 1.2m people who watched the Italy and France games on TV are fans too. If you're watching the games and willing the team on, you're a fan in my book.

Just to clarify, I don't agree at all with any sort of ranking of Irish fans. There are some people who go to more games than others and may actually have much less interest in the team and its results. life, money etc. can get in the way of a lot of lifelong fans making some or any games. I think people often discount that way too much when they talk about how many games they've attended over the previous few years. It doesn't necessarily correlate to how much a certain fan cares about the Irish team.

Also, the biggest point to come out of all of this is that the Irish fans reputation abroad has been enhanced again. That can only ever be a good thing. It's great that with so many people over there we had so few issues with the police etc. 

On the songs which I did moan about, it's just when you're over there for a good while and you hear the same thing again and again, it can really grate. I didn't really like the don't send me home song the first time I heard it so by the millionth time it just hadn't grown on me. Everyone will like some songs more than others, each to their own on that. I do love a good moan though LOL LOL
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 2:20pm
My top 5 idiots Abroad:

1) The lad who threw the beer bottle high up in the air and cut a French guy in the face and gave him a black eye
2) The lads singing 10 German bombers / McClean hates the Queen
3) Lads p1ssing literally everywhere..... outside is fine, but not on somebodys door way or shop front
4)  Lads lighting bangers when France was under code red
5) Lads been left lying under bus shelters / doorways - leave no soldier behind

99% of the fans are great craic 

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:57pm
Went back to Brussels after the Italy game,headed to a late night karaoke bar,good few Irish about, my mate from Cork told me to go outside and meet Conor McGregor, so out i went, and there  was this Dublin chap with the identical beard , tatoos  etc, he was chatting to a few fans,i joined in the conversation,told him that i lived abroad etc, he then started with the McGregor speech, " if you want anything in life bad enough,you can achieve it, it doesn't matter what line of buisness you are in, if you put your head down and believe it, you will achieve it"-the chap actually believes he is the real deal,

So i ask him what he does for a lving .....

He Replies '" I'm a bin man "
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:56pm

Some amount of whinebags on here. Everyone who went over enjoyed themselves & behaved themselves, who cares what songs they sang or whether it was their first ever game or their 100th game. Some here seem to have a serious superiority issue on ranking fans. At the end of the day everyone was there to support the team, have a few drinks and enjoy the day/weekend/week. Complaining about what colour jersey someone wore or you didn't like the "take me home" song etc is petty crap. You enjoyed yourself, they enjoyed themselves, everyone behaved well and hopefully some who wouldn't normally go to games will now do so. At the end of the day we're all on the same side

I read yesterday that only one Irish fan was arrested during the tournament and that was a guy who was arrested for his own safety as he was out of it. That's a brilliant display of good behaviour and they did the country proud.

Agree completely about this idea of ranking Irish fans, it's completely wrong headed. I'd argue that the 1.2m people who watched the Italy and France games on TV are fans too. If you're watching the games and willing the team on, you're a fan in my book.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 10:54am
I have a lot more issue with people sticking "IRA" and "Sinn Fein" into the Fields of Athenry than I do with someone singing an English song one too many times. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 10:10am

Get away out of here with your sense and your non-whinging!

Having said that though the Will Griggs song became the vuvzuela of Euro 2016 for me. It seemed to be pretty much sung from minute one to the bitter end of every NI game. They must have at least one other song they can sing? Maybe not. Probably my own fault for watching all their games anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic