Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOI in Europe 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 98>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 9:38pm
The usual fckin suicide, now roll out the 11 internationals bullsh*t
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 9:42pm
At 1-0 it was still possible. Now? All over.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 9:44pm
I feel so, with 20 seconds to go a long ball was the only option,played it short,lost possesion and the Polish score,sickener .
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

f**k sake.  Very unlucky with the decision.  Played so well and nothing but a deficit to show for it.

Whatever about Dundalk's chances, this crowd would finish last in their CL group....they're clearly miles below the top European sides

Possibly.  What does that make Celtic?? These lads hammered them 2 yrs ago.  I wish Dundalk would have drawn celtic.  I really would have fancied them.
Its almost a completely different team to the one that beat Celtic. These lads aren't a patch on them
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

f**k sake.  Very unlucky with the decision.  Played so well and nothing but a deficit to show for it.

Whatever about Dundalk's chances, this crowd would finish last in their CL group....they're clearly miles below the top European sides

Possibly.  What does that make Celtic?? These lads hammered them 2 yrs ago.  I wish Dundalk would have drawn celtic.  I really would have fancied them.
Its almost a completely different team to the one that beat Celtic. These lads aren't a patch on them

I don't know Polish football.  All I know is I reckon Dundalk would beat Celtic.  I would bet money on it.

Very disappointed for the LOI.  What a thing it would be to get one of our teams to the CL. So unlucky tonight.  That 2nd goal was inexcusable though. Awful concentration.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 9:53pm
You cant switch off like that when you are playing with the big boys. The RB played yer man onside. You either want to get into the champions league or you dont. You dont f**k about like that. 
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 10:16pm
Dundalk were unlucky in one sense, could easily have been a 0-0 on another night.

The only criticism I'd make is that they didn't create much themselves.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 12:25am
Unlucky with the pen, criminally naive to give away possession for the second. All over now, good crowd all the same and excellent atmosphere in 114/115 anyway. Seemed like half of Dundalk travelled, hope some of them start heading to Oriel regularly. Looking at the highlights from the other qualifiers the attendance tonight looked like it compared very favourably.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 12:29am
Originally posted by EastStandMan EastStandMan wrote:

The rent a mob from dudnalk may as well jog on home for all the good they are . Must be circa 15 k there to support em and ya cant even hear em. Legia fans making noise all game . 

Absolute nonsense, couldn't hear Legia where we were at all and Dundalk fans in the south never stopped whole game.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 1:11am
For all their slick passing and movement, Legia rarely threatened Rogers in goal. Dundalk were well in that game till the ref harshly awarded a peno. Boyle had his back to the shot and it was one of the thickest refereeing decisions I`ve ever seen, besides giving the impetus to Legia. That 2nd goal was complete naivety on Dundalk`s part and a lesson in how switching off can cost you dearly in the CL.

"Tony Cousins" - easy knowing you weren`t at home league games after Rubin Kazan had come visiting for a glamorous Europa group game. Had you been, you might have noticed the sparse gates for the visit of Drogheda or UCD. But then again, maybe you were biding your time for the visit of Tottenham...    
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 6:11am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

The rent a mob from dudnalk may as well jog on home for all the good they are . Must be circa 15 k there to support em and ya cant even hear em. Legia fans making noise all game . 

Absolute nonsense, couldn't hear Legia where we were at all and Dundalk fans in the south never stopped whole game.

If you were there fair play to ya . Ask anyone who watched on the box , could not hear em all game long . Just saying , gave a bad impression on tv . As far as play was concerned I thought there was not too much in it tho dudnalk showed an immaturity you would half expect to be fair . Uefa Cup for them now and a lot of fixtures/ travelling for them. Can they hack it ??. Fai Cup / League / Europe , can they hack it ????.  
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 7:50am
Happy days. Easy money at 11/10
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 7:54am
Legia were the only ones you could hear on the TV and I seen some supporter's across Europe comment on it. But we knew that's the way it goes with the national team playing there also. Pity it couldn't have being held in Tallaght. Dundalk unlucky on the night. In charge of the game before that decision. Had the beating of these lads also so they will look back with regret if they don't manage a miracle in Warsaw. Always a chance with this Dundalk team I feel no matter how difficult .
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 8:17am
it was very even up to the peno. lets be honest if it was down the other end we all would have been screaming for a peno. on first viewing in real time it looked like a peno. its only when i seen it in replay it was obvious it was very harsh. but it wasnt clearcut at the exact second. its hard luck but these things happen in football.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 8:22am

Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

I don't know Polish football.  All I know is I reckon Dundalk would beat Celtic.  I would bet money on it.

Very disappointed for the LOI.  What a thing it would be to get one of our teams to the CL. So unlucky tonight.  That 2nd goal was inexcusable though. Awful concentration.

Have you actually watched Celtic recently?

They are on fire and won 5-2 against a tricky Israeli side. Rodgers is building a very good side who are playing excellent attacking football.

Having watched both side recently, Celtic would comfortably beat Dundalk.

Legia will beat Dundalk 2/3 nil at home.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 8:49am
Very dissapointing night last night. from the shambles of the traffic to the goals we gave away. Took us about an hour and 40 mins to get from the tunnel to get parked, missed the first 25 mins of the game, there was still Dundalk fans only getting in at half time.

the penalty was harsh alright, in no way a deliberate hand ball, but the second goal was a killer, once mceleney lost the ball he should have just taken yer man down, at 1 down you always have a chance but at 2 it's probably impossibe, you would also feel this lot will be much better at home.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
bananarepublic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bananarepublic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 9:21am
I was in the middle of the east. Both sets of fans were excellent tonight. Legia fans put on a superb display of pyro, flags and banners. Dundalk fans in the south never stopped whole game.

The peno was very harsh. Knocked the stuffing out of Dundalk and they wilted a bit. Struggled to get in behind legia and turn their defenders. The few times Dundalk did that they looked vulnerable.

The 2nd goal is an awful pity. Last kick of the game. At one down Dundalk would be well in it over there. 2 down is a big ask now.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 9:27am

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

If you were there fair play to ya . Ask anyone who watched on the box , could not hear em all game long . Just saying , gave a bad impression on tv . As far as play was concerned I thought there was not too much in it tho dudnalk showed an immaturity you would half expect to be fair . Uefa Cup for them now and a lot of fixtures/ travelling for them. Can they hack it ??. Fai Cup / League / Europe , can they hack it ????.  

As we have known for a long time the acoustics are way better in the North Stand. Noise doesn't seem to travel at all from the SS. I was on the halfway line and could only hear them once or twice, polish fans are brilliant to be fair though.

On the game Dundalk can count themselves pretty unlucky. Good news is City look guaranteed to be in the UEFA Youth League now Smile

Oh and McEleny is an absolute gem, wonder how close he came to signing for City...
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 98>
  Share Topic