Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOI in Europe 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 98>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 6:10pm
are the looking at using it for the group sages of whatever competition?
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 6:16pm
In other news, I see Maxi has used up his petrol money by putting 100 euro on Dundalk to win the whole thing.

Edited by pre Madonna - 05 Aug 2016 at 6:50pm
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I'd imagine Lansdowne if it's CL and they'll see about getting temp changex to Tallaght like Shams did if it's Europa.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Baffles me why moving it to the Aviva is seen as a good thing. Leaving it a small all seater LOI ground brings any away team down to earth and means a larger % of home supporters. I think its throwing the game away for a quick buck in gate receipts.

For the 1679th time, they couldn't play it anywhere else

Ive been told  but I havent been told Why not?

Capacity and some of the media/vip stuff, it was too short notice. It was a choice of lansdowne or thomand.

I would hope the group stages of either competition will be played in tallaght if they can get the seating in and approval, would just prefer a full small ground than a half full bigger stadium.

I have no idea what it is costing us for the use of lansdowne, but hopefully it's a decent price so we can keep ticket prices down and get a few more in and also make a nice profit out of it.

I'd imagine the group stages tickets will be sold as a package no matter where the games are played

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

I'd imagine Lansdowne if it's CL and they'll see about getting temp changex to Tallaght like Shams did if it's Europa.

Would like to keep them all in tallaght personally, but arguably the biggest games could be in the Europa league, I'd imagine if both Celtic and us get through, we would both be bottom seeds, we we def will. Whereas if we end up in the Europa league I'm sure Celtic will be seeded much higher and then there's man Utd of course.

Obviously if your in the champs league then you are guaranteed 1 if not 2 massive games

ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 7:32pm
Premium level - €80
Lower Tier - €60
Upper Tier - €30 
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Would like to keep them all in tallaght personally, but arguably the biggest games could be in the Europa league, I'd imagine if both Celtic and us get through, we would both be bottom seeds, we we def will. Whereas if we end up in the Europa league I'm sure Celtic will be seeded much higher and then there's man Utd of course.

Obviously if your in the champs league then you are guaranteed 1 if not 2 massive games

Crazy stuff we're talking about here, incredibly envious.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

I love these anti Celtic posters who try antagonise Celtic supporters with this line. Yes Celtic is a Scotish club but there are undeniable Irish links and identity.

On your line of thought...It ain't quite as straight forward as you think.

No it isn't. You're confusing logic with facts. "If A occurs, then B must also apply".

Celtic are as Scottish as Deep Fried Mars Bars, as British as Fish and Chips, and deal in a currency that is totally useless in Ireland. They do not play in the LOI. They are merely another British football club. That's not anti-Celtic, that's reality. Anyone who plays the "Irish support" card, should remember there's plenty of Irish teams at home with Irish links to support, if that's why they support football clubs. Just pick one of them.

On the draw, the time to play Celtic is pre season, not in Europe. Fortunately, they avoided them, but it is the next toughest for Dundalk after Celtic. They destroyed the LOI champions just two years ago. I would expect a fairly similiar aggregate scoreline this time around.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 8:09pm
Good crowd at Galway it seems.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

Premium level - €80
Lower Tier - €60
Upper Tier - €30 

Crazy Crazy prices if true.

Will find it very hard to attract a big crowd.

Surely would have been better of with €20 lower tier, €40 premium and close the upper tiers unless they sell out the lower tiers.

Hopefully I am wrong and they fill the place.

I know nothing :-)
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Premium level - €80</span>
Lower Tier - €60
Upper Tier - €30 

Crazy Crazy prices if true.

Will find it very hard to attract a big crowd.

Surely would have been better of with €20 lower tier, €40 premium and close the upper tiers unless they sell out the lower tiers.

Hopefully I am wrong and they fill the place.

+1. They need to be sensible about this
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 8:57pm

The board of St Patrick's Athletic FC has decided that it will not accept the offer of 5,000 euro made by the FAI towards the expenses of each club in preparing a 5 year plan.

The board's decision followed a report by its General Manager on the meeting with the FAI at which this proposal was made by the Association and the board's decision acknowledges the lead given by the board of Derry City FC, a fellow member of the Premier Clubs Alliance (PCA), on the issue.

The board of SPAFC wants its decision to serve as a clear message to the FAI that it has utterly failed in its responsibility to the domestic game and to those clubs who, in spite of its indifference, have managed to keep some semblance of professionalism within football in Ireland.

The board is of the view that the Association's move and its timing was deliberately aimed at encouraging non Premier League clubs to stand with the current administrators of our league as the PCA set about its agenda of change. That it would do so in a week when Cork City FC and particularly Dundalk FC performed on the European stage at a level and with a verve that belies the manner in which they and the other clubs have been treated, is particularly disappointing.

The board of SPAFC is committed to the establishment of a strong PCA which must be focused on rooting out the culture of disinterest that has prevailed throughout the FAI's management of our League for too many years. Offering the proverbial "crumbs from the rich man's table" will not shift the resolve of those clubs and those individuals determined to create a properly funded and professionally managed league in Ireland.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 8:59pm

Good crowd at Galway it seems.

A 1500 increase on the last match.

The Galway cup, Connacht and Palestinians being special guests have helped a lot as well as Dundalk.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

The board of St Patrick's Athletic FC has decided that it will not accept the offer of 5,000 euro made by the FAI towards the expenses of each club in preparing a 5 year plan.

The board's decision followed a report by its General Manager on the meeting with the FAI at which this proposal was made by the Association and the board's decision acknowledges the lead given by the board of Derry City FC, a fellow member of the Premier Clubs Alliance (PCA), on the issue.

The board of SPAFC wants its decision to serve as a clear message to the FAI that it has utterly failed in its responsibility to the domestic game and to those clubs who, in spite of its indifference, have managed to keep some semblance of professionalism within football in Ireland.

The board is of the view that the Association's move and its timing was deliberately aimed at encouraging non Premier League clubs to stand with the current administrators of our league as the PCA set about its agenda of change. That it would do so in a week when Cork City FC and particularly Dundalk FC performed on the European stage at a level and with a verve that belies the manner in which they and the other clubs have been treated, is particularly disappointing.

The board of SPAFC is committed to the establishment of a strong PCA which must be focused on rooting out the culture of disinterest that has prevailed throughout the FAI's management of our League for too many years. Offering the proverbial "crumbs from the rich man's table" will not shift the resolve of those clubs and those individuals determined to create a properly funded and professionally managed league in Ireland.
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

A much more professional statement than that issued by Derry. 
I know nothing :-)
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 9:25pm

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Premium level - €80</span>
Lower Tier - €60
Upper Tier - €30 

Why are you making stuff up?

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

I love these anti Celtic posters who try antagonise Celtic supporters with this line. Yes Celtic is a Scotish club but there are undeniable Irish links and identity.

On your line of thought...It ain't quite as straight forward as you think.

No it isn't. You're confusing logic with facts. "If A occurs, then B must also apply".

Celtic are as Scottish as Deep Fried Mars Bars, as British as Fish and Chips, and deal in a currency that is totally useless in Ireland. They do not play in the LOI. They are merely another British football club. That's not anti-Celtic, that's reality. Anyone who plays the "Irish support" card, should remember there's plenty of Irish teams at home with Irish links to support, if that's why they support football clubs. Just pick one of them.

On the draw, the time to play Celtic is pre season, not in Europe. Fortunately, they avoided them, but it is the next toughest for Dundalk after Celtic. They destroyed the LOI champions just two years ago. I would expect a fairly similiar aggregate scoreline this time around.

The last two sentences are irrelevant. Only 2 players from the starting 11 back then are regulars now. They've also sacked two coaches in the meantime. Completely different kettle of fish.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 10:00pm
Fair enough, didnt know the ins and outs of the limitations of tallaght for CL. Didnt seem to be a problem for the Europa League few years back. Anyway

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 98>
  Share Topic