You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Squad v Netherlands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkfloyd2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

You're just another prick in the wall.
LOLLOL

This Byrne thing fascinates me. He isn't ready, did anybody see him against the Italian under 21s? O' Dowda was the one that stood out. He is physically more developed than Byrne. The reason people are getting excited about Byrne is because he plays in the Eredivisie, a league that has dropped an awful in quality in the past few years. Not only has the league dropped in quality, he was playing for far and away the worst team in it, a team that if they were playing Oxford United in a competitive game I know where my tenner would be going. This constant need to use the fact he plays on the continent does not mean he should be picked over anyone else, the reverse also applies of course. Next season is a big year for Jack, he did ok with a poor club this season and the spell in a different culture, on and off the pitch, will stand him in good stead. Hopefully he can get a loan deal to a better club next season and force his way into the Irish senior set-up.

Byrne is a player who Patrick Viera has compared favourbly with Paul Scholes. From what I have seen of Byrne . It is a justifiable comparison . Byrne has everything you want in a creative midfielder . He has great close control, can dribble , great cross field pass, vision , decision making, can score spectacular goals . He can see things on the pitch that few other players can see,. What really strikes me is the maturity in his game he plays the game like he is a veteran , he so calm and assured on the ball. He is a better player than Hoolohan already . 

O' Dowda is a pub player in comparison . He is a poor mans Mcgeady he hasn't got the football brain to make it in a top league . Championship level is his standard. I say at best he will get to Pilkingtons level . Pilkington looked a world beater in the championship but when he went to the premier league he was a journey man . Pikikgton is a more talented footballer than O' Dowd.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by pinkfloyd2016 pinkfloyd2016 wrote:

LOLLOL

This Byrne thing fascinates me. He isn't ready, did anybody see him against the Italian under 21s? O' Dowda was the one that stood out. He is physically more developed than Byrne. The reason people are getting excited about Byrne is because he plays in the Eredivisie, a league that has dropped an awful in quality in the past few years. Not only has the league dropped in quality, he was playing for far and away the worst team in it, a team that if they were playing Oxford United in a competitive game I know where my tenner would be going. This constant need to use the fact he plays on the continent does not mean he should be picked over anyone else, the reverse also applies of course. Next season is a big year for Jack, he did ok with a poor club this season and the spell in a different culture, on and off the pitch, will stand him in good stead. Hopefully he can get a loan deal to a better club next season and force his way into the Irish senior set-up.

Byrne is a player who Patrick Viera has compared favourbly with Paul Scholes. From what I have seen of Byrne . It is a justifiable comparison . Byrne has everything you want in a creative midfielder . He has great close control, can dribble , great cross field pass, vision , decision making, can score spectacular goals . He can see things on the pitch that few other players can see,. What really strikes me is the maturity in his game he plays the game like he is a veteran , he so calm and assured on the ball. He is a better player than Hoolohan already . 

O' Dowda is a pub player in comparison . He is a poor mans Mcgeady he hasn't got the football brain to make it in a top league . Championship level is his standard. I say at best he will get to Pilkingtons level . Pilkington looked a world beater in the championship but when he went to the premier league he was a journey man . Pikikgton is a more talented footballer than O' Dowd.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 8:18pm

LOLLOL

I've read some nonsense on here, that is right up there. O'Dowda is being tacked by Spurs, United, Derby, WHU, Liverpool among others... don't go into football scouting thats for sure. I've watched him live a few times and previously stated he is the future of Irish football I stand by that comment the fact he was called up today playing L2 just reinforces that point. How many minutes of football have you watched O'Dowda play? He give the Italian u21s the run around playing for Oxford while they play for Milan etc.
Byrne is physically weak there is a reason he didn't get a chance at City this year but Iheanacho did judging by your summary Byrne should be playing for Barcelona putting Iniesta on the bench. Chris Forrester is a better player at this point and playing for a better side in Peterborough. The guy has attributes that will allow him to get to Wes Hoolahans ability without doubt, when he's playing for Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord in the Dutch league then i'll take notice personally. 

Edited by SByrne24 - 12 May 2016 at 8:20pm
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 8:28pm

Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

Seeing the inclusion of O'Dowda which is great and all as he is a promising player, but leaves me question why the likes of Cunningham, Byrne, Forrester or Doherty weren't included. I know you can't include them all but another 1 or 2 of the lads I mentioned could of been looked at.

O' Neill is a clown calling up a player who plys his trade in league two, while ignoring byrne who has got man of the match awards against world class teams like Ajax and PSV Eindoven

Yeah, World Class.Most recently in the 90's for Ajax, and early 2000's for PSV.. still wouldn't call that PSV team world class.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

LOLLOL

I've read some nonsense on here, that is right up there. O'Dowda is being tacked by Spurs, United, Derby, WHU, Liverpool among others... don't go into football scouting thats for sure. I've watched him live a few times and previously stated he is the future of Irish football I stand by that comment the fact he was called up today playing L2 just reinforces that point. How many minutes of football have you watched O'Dowda play? He give the Italian u21s the run around playing for Oxford while they play for Milan etc.
Byrne is physically weak there is a reason he didn't get a chance at City this year but Iheanacho did judging by your summary Byrne should be playing for Barcelona putting Iniesta on the bench. Chris Forrester is a better player at this point and playing for a better side in Peterborough. The guy has attributes that will allow him to get to Wes Hoolahans ability without doubt, when he's playing for Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord in the Dutch league then i'll take notice personally. 
Topper, this will surprise you as much as it does me, but that is spot on.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 9:01pm

LOLLOL

Topper, this will surprise you as much as it does me, but that is spot on.

Oddly...I wholeheartedly agree too
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 9:46pm
Pinkfloyd, the poster to finally bring PM and SB together.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Pinkfloyd, the poster to finally bring PM and SB together.
I would have said the poster that makes Topper seem sane!
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 10:14pm
Chap has been here before anyway, pretty effective troll for a while - run down Irish players, while giving a favourable impression of lads who aren't in the squad who have never played for us (therefore difficult to contradict, at least in his own head). 

The criticisms of Long are actually meaningless, and the reason why is the other strikers in the squad, only Walters (who doesn't play for us as a striker half the time) is even fit to be talked about in the same category. Long has to get his place in front of a years past his best Keane, a fella who has never really looked like an international footballer in Murphy, and possibly Doyle, another one whose best days are behind him. Shouldn't be too difficult for him. 

This crap about Vardy, Benteke, Radamel Falcao, whoever else ya like to mention & goals to games ratios is equally irrelevant, none of them play for us. Whether Long is top 4 EPL club material, or lucky to be at Southampton makes no difference at all in the context of Murphy, Doyle & Keane. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
pinkfloyd2016 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkfloyd2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 10:20pm

LOLLOL

I haven't seen as much as you have seen of him . But from what I have seen of him I don't see anything special in him . His decision making , crossing, reading of the game, ability to beat players is poor . If you want to talk about wingers with top class ability who have potential . Lets start with Pat Roberts . O' Dowda from a technical stand point is light years behind Roberts . The way you talk about him it is like he is the next damien duff . Perhaps if I see more of him I will change my mind  but I don't think so.

Anyways, Its just my opinion . For example I rate Will Hughes I think he is one of the best midfielders one day . Others think he is light weight and is just a championship player . Anyways time will tell which of us is right about O' Dowda.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 7:28am

LOLLOL

Agree with this!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 7:33am

LOLLOL

Amazes me seeing people write off young players, do you honestly believe this nonsence or are you just another wind up merchant?
pinkfloyd2016 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkfloyd2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 8:40am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

LOLLOL

Amazes me seeing people write off young players, do you honestly believe this nonsence or are you just another wind up merchant?

So having a different opinion is a wind up merchant now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic