Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Squad v Netherlands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:38pm
David Crawley is about forty, he will have no involvement in the next campaign.
Sponsored Links

GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:45pm
Crazy that Cunnigham can't get a look in. Player of the year for Preston in our main problem position
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Absolutely delighted to see O'Dowda called up, class oozes from this guy would have no problem in a lower PL side or high championship side coming from league 2. 

I'd of liked to off seen Crawley called up also, but he's barely played needs to make an impact somewhere playing first team football.

I'd of liked to off seen Mason or Scott Hogan called up for the training squad as id imagine one or both of them will be in the squad that goes to Serbia.

Embarrassed

I think your appalling grammar is actually attention seeking behaviour at this stage, and you actually know how to use of, off and have.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 3:01pm
It has only been pointed out to him umpteen times too. It is the Mac keyboard.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 4:26pm
we dont even knw will MON and Roy still be in charge after the euros so why do they care about the future ???

the last thing we want is going to serbia with Noel King in charge
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 4:50pm
Did o neill say anything about crowley at anytime today
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Crazy that Cunnigham can't get a look in. Player of the year for Preston in our main problem position

Agreed. Pretty frustrating.

Forrester maybe a little unlucky to miss out as well?
Peter1986 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 5:46pm
I think o'dowda def one for the future but is this the squad that is comingover to train for Holland match or will o'neill do his usual and drop 7 names before they assemble.If so o'dowda will prob be dropped like forrester was from the last squad.
Would prob be a bit annopyed if I was Byrne played a whole year in the dutch premier division maybe with a weak team but still was one of there better players and hes not called up to the squad. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 5:58pm
Presumably Crowley rejected a call-up then?
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Peter1986 Peter1986 wrote:

I think o'dowda def one for the future but is this the squad that is comingover to train for Holland match or will o'neill do his usual and drop 7 names before they assemble.If so o'dowda will prob be dropped like forrester was from the last squad.
Would prob be a bit annopyed if I was Byrne played a whole year in the dutch premier division maybe with a weak team but still was one of there better players and hes not called up to the squad. 
For Cambuur, a side Oxford would probably beat ffs.  

I always worry whenever I see Wilson's name near a squad, surely Cunningham was worth a look in these two games? Surprised at McGoldrick too, surely Mason was worth a punt ahead of him? Even Hogan, as flimsy as it is to call someone up on a month's form, would surely have been worth a gamble? Hopefully Pilkington gets a run up front. We are really light on options up front.
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Danny Rogers won't be far away, depending were he goes in the summer he was named in the team of the year. This is definitely Givens, Fordes last hurrah. 

Hogan, Forrester, Byrne, Mason, O'Dowda, Browne, Crawley, Cullen, Toner  all have a big part to play over the next few years not forgetting lads like Kiernan who could see themselves replacing the likes McShane/Pearce in the squads . O'Dowda/Hogan the two that could easily start v Serbia. 

Whats the story with Redmond, he's been relegated (again) surely we have to start chasing this guy he hasn't ruled us out either not forgetting Paddy Bamford, Callum Wilson. Havent seen much of Sean Scannell to even make a case for him.

A bit much of you to be having a go at people not knowing who callum o dowda is yet you not knowing that premier league player callum wilson isnt eligible EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed  LOLLOLLOL

IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 6:49pm
Seeing the inclusion of O'Dowda which is great and all as he is a promising player, but leaves me question why the likes of Cunningham, Byrne, Forrester or Doherty weren't included. I know you can't include them all but another 1 or 2 of the lads I mentioned could of been looked at.
They've only gone and done it
pinkfloyd2016 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkfloyd2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Peter1986 Peter1986 wrote:

Its typical of O' Neill he spent the past week with his begging bowl out to Crowley who probably told him to do one . All the while snubbing his most technically gifted player who has the potential to be a great midfield player for Ireland.  Byrne is the real deal 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 7:06pm
You're just another prick in the wall.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
pinkfloyd2016 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkfloyd2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

Seeing the inclusion of O'Dowda which is great and all as he is a promising player, but leaves me question why the likes of Cunningham, Byrne, Forrester or Doherty weren't included. I know you can't include them all but another 1 or 2 of the lads I mentioned could of been looked at.

O' Neill is a clown calling up a player who plys his trade in league two, while ignoring byrne who has got man of the match awards against world class teams like Ajax and PSV Eindoven
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

You're just another prick in the wall.
LOLLOL

This Byrne thing fascinates me. He isn't ready, did anybody see him against the Italian under 21s? O' Dowda was the one that stood out. He is physically more developed than Byrne. The reason people are getting excited about Byrne is because he plays in the Eredivisie, a league that has dropped an awful in quality in the past few years. Not only has the league dropped in quality, he was playing for far and away the worst team in it, a team that if they were playing Oxford United in a competitive game I know where my tenner would be going. This constant need to use the fact he plays on the continent does not mean he should be picked over anyone else, the reverse also applies of course. Next season is a big year for Jack, he did ok with a poor club this season and the spell in a different culture, on and off the pitch, will stand him in good stead. Hopefully he can get a loan deal to a better club next season and force his way into the Irish senior set-up.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 7:15pm
Agree with your opinion of Byrne and O'Dowda. I saw Jack Byrne a few times myself playing U21 for Ireland and thought he had a long way to go tbh. 
The only way is up
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It has only been pointed out to him umpteen times too. It is the Mac keyboard.

PICNIC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic