You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Squad v Netherlands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Squad v Netherlands
    Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:34am

Delighted he's getting O'Dowda involved. Anytime I've seem him live he's been class and I'd fully expect him to move up the leagues this summer's. Obviously won't go to France but good for the future. On the same token it's strange he hasn't gotten Byrne involved
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

pinkfloyd2016 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkfloyd2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:38am
Why didn't he call up Dan Crowley?.
Andy_Eire View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy_Eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:38am
Pearce, Quinn, Meyler, McShane and Hayes for fu*k sake
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:39am
Think I heard that Alan Browne was invited to train with the squad maybe Byrne was too.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Andy_Eire View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy_Eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:39am
Happy with O'Dowda and McGoldrick

Edited by Andy_Eire - 12 May 2016 at 11:40am
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:51am
Delighted to see Callum O'Dowda given recognition. Looks a terrific player!

Shame about Jack Byrne not being in it tho.

No matter what anyone says, there are a handful of players in the squad who offer much less than Byrne.

Wouldnt be bringing Byrne to France but I'd liked to have seen him get a proper opportunity to show what he can do at least.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by pinkfloyd2016 pinkfloyd2016 wrote:

Why didn't he call up Dan Crowley?.
Because he's played around 10 games in league 1.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:09pm
Absolutely delighted to see O'Dowda called up, class oozes from this guy would have no problem in a lower PL side or high championship side coming from league 2. 

I'd of liked to off seen Crawley called up also, but he's barely played needs to make an impact somewhere playing first team football.

I'd of liked to off seen Mason or Scott Hogan called up for the training squad as id imagine one or both of them will be in the squad that goes to Serbia.

Edited by SByrne24 - 12 May 2016 at 12:10pm
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:18pm
No chance of much experimentation with the strikers with the squad for Holland game. With the euros only around the corner the most important thing is to make sure that your stalwarts are there, getting minutes on the pitch and getting chances in front of goal.

The next squad Ireland pick after the Euros will be very different to what we are used to I would say.

Dont know much about O'Dowda but MON must think highly of him to bring him along. Possibly sees him as a key contributor on the next campaign? Saying that though MON will probably cut him before the squad meets up.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:18pm
A quick search on twitter 'Callum O'Dowda' and you will see numerous folks who have no idea who O'Dowda is Dead

Same crowd who have no idea who Scott Hogan is id suspect, don't look past the glorious Premier League.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:19pm
think its fair enough that this squad is focused on Euro's rather than blooding players for the future. on that basis u would have to assume that all players called up including odowda (who i have never seen play) have some chance of making the squad.

re dan crowley.....he probably can't be in the squad anyway as paperwork to change countries takes time (if he has even decided to join us). 

re inviting lads to train with them i.e. jack byrne - at least he is being straight up and saying "i dont see u making the euro squad" (not saying i agree or otherwise) but u are the future.

will be an interesting squad when finalised. needs to have a couple of utility players and then a couple that can give u something different.....and maybe something new ie odowda?

It's not me it's you:-)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:22pm
Bet they know when to use the word have though.

Think it has all come a bit soon for Hogan, another month or two of form half as good and he couldn't have been ignored. Would liked to have seen a new forward in though, we are lacking options. Well done to O'Dowda!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

A quick search on twitter 'Callum O'Dowda' and you will see numerous folks who have no idea who O'Dowda is Dead

Same crowd who have no idea who Scott Hogan is id suspect, don't look past the glorious Premier League.
TObe fair, there's only so many hours in the day. If I started following the Championship the same way I follow other leagues, god knows what would suffer.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:26pm
Great to see ODowda and McGoldrick involved. Hopefully there will be a few more names involved in the training sessions
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:27pm
Can see Hogan,O'Dowda and Byrne being involved for the Serbia game
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:30pm
Ireland's 35 man squad anmounced, #14 may shock and surprise you
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:35pm
Danny Rogers won't be far away, depending were he goes in the summer he was named in the team of the year. This is definitely Givens, Fordes last hurrah. 

Hogan, Forrester, Byrne, Mason, O'Dowda, Browne, Crawley, Cullen, Toner  all have a big part to play over the next few years not forgetting lads like Kiernan who could see themselves replacing the likes McShane/Pearce in the squads . O'Dowda/Hogan the two that could easily start v Serbia. 

Whats the story with Redmond, he's been relegated (again) surely we have to start chasing this guy he hasn't ruled us out either not forgetting Paddy Bamford, Callum Wilson. Havent seen much of Sean Scannell to even make a case for him.

Edited by SByrne24 - 12 May 2016 at 12:36pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:36pm

Delighted for O'Dowda, has really impressed me over the last couple of years.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic