You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bohemian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 282>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 10:18pm
i'll be coming from work to the match on Friday and might not get a chance to eat on the way, something decent to eat in the ground is a plus Thumbs Up
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Sponsored Links

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Worth noting while matchday grub is a hot topic for City at the moment Bohs have gotten The Pieman Cafe on board. Will go well with my craft beer on Friday Thumbs Up
could they try to be more hipster?

Yes, Tom. Pies at football is clearly something that hipsters have brought to the game.
in general of course not. But you know they will be Bolivian chorizo and dill infused lentil flavour.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 10:43pm
Haven't been to Shoredich  in yonks but is Burdock's gone from Dalymount long?
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 9:06am
Bring back the Mon Dog
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Worth noting while matchday grub is a hot topic for City at the moment Bohs have gotten The Pieman Cafe on board. Will go well with my craft beer on Friday Thumbs Up
could they try to be more hipster?

You junkies would be glad of a few hipsters to swell the ever dwindling crowds at Richmond park. One man and his dog at games down there these days.LOL
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I've noticed that most racecourses in Ireland are upping their game big time (aside from the restaurant side of things) but in regard to on site chip vans and basically quick snacks etc and its great to see because the quality has definitely been raised.

If a gourmet burger of a high standard is €5 so be it, if it tastes nice and fills a void in your belly job done.

Nothing worse than going to a sporting event and you have to load up on crisps and chocolate because there is no hot food available.

I'll be going to watch Bohs a few times over the course of the season hopefully, looking forward to being a Hipster for a night LOL
Horse/Greyhound racing is miles ahead of LOI in terms of experience.
Certainly a lot to be learnt from them.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 3:55pm
Tbh, I'm at the football for that, football. Couldn't care less if the foods sh*te or not. If a good bevvy and a decent pies available though it will be had, makes for a better evening out imo.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Tbh, I'm at the football for that, football. Couldn't care less if the foods sh*te or not. If a good bevvy and a decent pies available though it will be had, makes for a better evening out imo.
That would be my point and what clubs should be aiming for.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 7:51pm
For anybody going to Dalymount tomorrow night - Patricio Fund are bringing the Don Patricio bust to the ground tomorrow night where Patrick O'Connell made his International bow for Ireland versus England.

Before it's transported to Seville and to Real Betis tomorrow week.

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 10:04am
reading the preview on rte.ie .. seems like it might be a long struggle this season

Bohemians, Drogheda United and Finn Harps might be deemed the three weakest sides in the league, according to several bookmakers, however all three can take plenty of positives from last season to take with them into their 2017 campaign.

Three go down to the First Division this season, which means that 25 per cent of the top flight will be relegated in October.

So while the championship race looks set to be the most exciting in several seasons, the battle to avoid the drop looks set to be just as dramatic.

EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 12:20pm
A few words to all you bozos ahead of next fri .......bring it . 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

reading the preview on rte.ie .. seems like it might be a long struggle this season

Bohemians, Drogheda United and Finn Harps might be deemed the three weakest sides in the league, according to several bookmakers, however all three can take plenty of positives from last season to take with them into their 2017 campaign.

Three go down to the First Division this season, which means that 25 per cent of the top flight will be relegated in October.

So while the championship race looks set to be the most exciting in several seasons, the battle to avoid the drop looks set to be just as dramatic.

Realistically youve Dundalk Cork Rovers and Derry who are worry free in that respect ahead of this season. Beyond that anything could potentially happen. Beyond those 4 there's no side who you'd say have 100% no chance of being drawn into a struggle.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 24 Feb 2017 at 12:33pm
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 10:16am
Ouch.well beaten by a Derry outfit that are brilliant on the break,took us apart with the dummy runs from midfield.having said that bohs stuck at it without reward,full marks for effort but the goals themselves were gifted to city.I did feel we should have had a penalty ourselves when ward was dragged down in the second half,and the disallowed goal was harsh doyle had his back to doherty when he fell over,still derry full value for the three,they will be top end this season no doubt.tough start for us, the derby out in mordor next week I dont see any points there if they are half decent but you never know,our best chances of points this season lie at the painful end of the table,already 6 looking better than the rest.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 10:33am
We didnt get hockeyed in terms of the play, it's not like they were all over us, we hadn't a way of cutting them open and our passing in the final third wasn't good, the team stuck at it but the worrying thing is that that wasn't Derry simply being a better side, all four goals were gift wrapped and almost any team in the league could have got them, rather than it being Derry showing extra quality. Anyway, we go again for the trip down to Wicklow's number 2 next week.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 25 Feb 2017 at 10:35am
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 10:51am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

We didnt get hockeyed in terms of the play, it's not like they were all over us, we hadn't a way of cutting them open and our passing in the final third wasn't good, the team stuck at it but the worrying thing is that that wasn't Derry simply being a better side, all four goals were gift wrapped and almost any team in the league could have got them, rather than it being Derry showing extra quality. Anyway, we go again for the trip down to Wicklow's number 2 next week.

Dead right - Bohemians were all over them after the Derry opener which you could say was against the run of play.
Second goal was a killer mix up between defender and goalkeeper.

Good people at the club though, nice to have a pre-match beer in the Jackie Jameson members bar.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 11:14am
Akinade added to the missing list,recurrence of the illness that sidelined him for much of last season.thats two certain starters out of action before the season gets going,crazy decision to give him a contract knowing he could be unavailable at any stage through ill health.If theres any player in the squad we owe nothing its him,really should have been released i feel.and before the usual muppets start on the other issue with him,yes that should have prevented us signing him in the first place.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 11:15am
What illness has he got?

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 11:16am
A blood related illness,low platelet count it was reported as.its why he missed a huge chunk of last season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 282>
  Share Topic