Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bohemian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 285>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 3:27pm
stonewall peno 
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 3:36pm
wasn’t a tackle, he slid in to clear the ball and langer ran in and kicked leahy, injuring himself. I’m not disputing leahy was wrong to slide in btw, he left himself open to that decision by doing so but he’s a kid he’ll learn. Ref or lino weren’t giving it and they had a good view also.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 3:56pm
Its harsh theres no denying it. The reaction of the RTE commentary gives it away.  The argument is studs up versus who got the ball. The ref said to long its the onus of the player to not make contact with the other player after  hitting the ball. every game theres always contact with the other player after the ball. Otherwise no one one dare make a tackle. Its very harsh for the ref to implement that ruling for this peno.

and yeh leahy could've stood off. But if it had led to a goal people would've said why didn't he clear it when he got a chance. and he did clear it.

Still gonna take a few days to get over the disappointment
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

wasn’t a tackle, he slid in to clear the ball and langer ran in and kicked leahy, injuring himself. I’m not disputing leahy was wrong to slide in btw, he left himself open to that decision by doing so but he’s a kid he’ll learn. Ref or lino weren’t giving it and they had a good view also.

Exactly. Few usual suspects who have no clue about the game posting. Can only assume they've never played it. Leahy got the ball first and it was McCarthy following through as he attempted to kick the ball that resulted in his injury. One of those things but anyone suggesting that's a clear pen is an idiot. 

I broke a bone in my foot years ago going for a ball that a defender got a touch on just before I got there and I ended up kicking his studs. No foul despite the fact I had to go off and that was the correct decision. Accidents happen on the football pitch sometimes, was embarrassing listening to Caulfield trying to justify it by saying McCarthy had a gash on his leg.

As you say, the ref and the lino both had a clear view, looked and didn't give it. You're supposed to be certain before you give a pen, no way can anyone argue that was definite without a serious bias. Even Dave Barry didn't think it was.

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 9:04pm
The fact that Dave Barry didn't think it was a penalty swung my view on it. He might be biased but he's a lot more clueless then he is biased.

I think ye'll take them down in Cork all the same. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 9:31pm
Get with the times Gents. The new rules mean that it doesn’t matter if you get the ball first if your tackle is reckless or dangerous. A studs up high challenge fulfills that criteria. It’s a shame as Bohs had the better of the game but thems the breaks
El Puto Amo
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 10:03pm
yadda yadda yadda, don’t matter well finish them down there we’re by a mile the better side
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 10:10pm
Never a penalty. Still think on form theres no reason why Bozos can't go to Cark and get a win. There will be huge pressure on the home side to win considering how meekly they conceeded the league.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 10:11pm
Loads of split opinions on this.

Stone wall peno for me.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 10:14pm
in my opinion it's not a pen, Letter of the law it is. Correct decision 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Letter of the law says out of control, reckless or with excessive force. I doubt believe it's any of those. McCarthy actually kicks Leahy as Leahy got their first. If McCarthy had got there first then it's s clear pen but he didn't. 
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Letter of the law says out of control, reckless or with excessive force. I doubt believe it's any of those. McCarthy actually kicks Leahy as Leahy got their first. If McCarthy had got there first then it's s clear pen but he didn't. 

It was careless 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 11:28pm

It was careless 

I agree. That's not reckless though.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 11:51pm

Exactly. Few usual suspects who have no clue about the game posting. Can only assume they've never played it. Leahy got the ball first and it was McCarthy following through as he attempted to kick the ball that resulted in his injury. One of those things but anyone suggesting that's a clear pen is an idiot. 

I broke a bone in my foot years ago going for a ball that a defender got a touch on just before I got there and I ended up kicking his studs. No foul despite the fact I had to go off and that was the correct decision. Accidents happen on the football pitch sometimes, was embarrassing listening to Caulfield trying to justify it by saying McCarthy had a gash on his leg.

As you say, the ref and the lino both had a clear view, looked and didn't give it. You're supposed to be certain before you give a pen, no way can anyone argue that was definite without a serious bias. Even Dave Barry didn't think it was.

Embarrassing comments.

What so because a poster has a different opinion to yours they in turn "don't have a clue" ?

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Embarrassing comments.

What so because a poster has a different opinion to yours they in turn "don't have a clue" ?

There's people calling it a stonewall penalty so yeah, I'd say they don't have a clue. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:31am

Embarrassing comments.

There's people calling it a stonewall penalty so yeah, I'd say they don't have a clue. 

Isn't football all about opinions? I.E. numerous people having different opinions and as a result you just accept it or at least debate it in a mature manner without acting like a 12 year old? 

What happened to you years ago has no relevance to modern football either, the game has moved on and evolved as we all know only too well!

Unfortunately the physical element of football has suffered as a result and we're now seeing more and more incidents like yesterday in the Bohs vs Cork game cropping up, when if you went back 20 years ago there probably wouldn't have even be a case for a penalty to be given. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:41am

Embarrassing comments.

Isn't football all about opinions? I.E. numerous people having different opinions and as a result you just accept it or at least debate it in a mature manner without acting like a 12 year old? 

What happened to you years ago has no relevance to modern football either, the game has moved on and evolved as we all know only too well!

Unfortunately the physical element of football has suffered as a result and we're now seeing more and more incidents like yesterday in the Bohs vs Cork game cropping up, when if you went back 20 years ago there probably wouldn't have even be a case for a penalty to be given. 

If you read the posts, it's clear I have no issue with people debating it and go issue with anyone making a case as to why the might think it's a pen. My issue is with people saying it's stonewall or in any way clear cut without actually debating it. I've given detailed reasons why I don't think it was a pen.

"Acting like a 12 year old." Give over ffs. LOL
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 6:41am
No pen at all .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 285>
  Share Topic