You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bohemian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 282>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 5:20pm
delighted this is on tv tonight, didn’t get a smell of a ticket!!
No Pasaran!
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 6:50pm
Strong looking line up, hopefully we make a good game of it, lovely evening for it too 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 8:35pm
weak first 15 mins , we’ll in it thereafter. Afolabi being wrestled every ball into the box, someone tell him to hit the deckLOLLOL
No Pasaran!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 8:35pm
Kacper would give you a heart attack at times LOL

Horton getting run ragged a bit, risky leaving him on while he’s booked. 

That would have been some goal by Kirk. Rovers having most of the possession as to be expected but we grew into it nicely as the half went on.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 10:08pm
Stonewall pen not given. 
Decent performance tho, certainly better than last time and would give me optimism for the rest of the season, the refereeing tho Dead

Edited by 9fingers - 05 May 2023 at 10:08pm
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 11:18pm
first goal offside no question, Afolabi absolutely fouled no question, BUT as Dec said post game we should not be allowing the ball arrive in the box.

No Pasaran!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 1:04am
Any chance giving us a game this season ? Close your box on the way in.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 7:25am
I didn't think it was a stonewall peno myself, even after watching it multiple times. I can see why it was not given.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 8:09am
Clarke’s goal was offside but in fairness without VAR, it would take some unbelievably good officiating to see he was offside. Could only tell on the replay because of the 6 yard line.

Definite peno. 

We really need to find a way to make Afolabi a threat in the box. His runs when crosses are coming in needs to improve too. He’s always very static.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 8:21am
It’s 100% a peno LOL Afolabi gets there first then gets leg taken from under him. 
The offside is borderline I wouldn’t have a pop at ref or lino for it. 

Afolabi will never be a 20goal a season player imo, but his hold up, link up & work rate are top notch 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 9:03am
The referee or linesman didn't think so.

I watched it back many times and can't conclude 100% he got the ball first. So I fully understand why it was not given.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 11:43am
Looking at it again a few times just now, 9 times out of 10 a pen would been awarded and that's why Bohs fans are righy incensed. But, I can't see where Cleary actually made contact with the forward. I see as Cleary slid in, the forward got to the ball first, touched it on and went over Clearys outstretched leg. It looked for all the world like a stonewall peno but can only think the officials saw it the way I did. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Clarke’s goal was offside but in fairness without VAR, it would take some unbelievably good officiating to see he was offside. Could only tell on the replay because of the 6 yard line.

Definite peno. 

We really need to find a way to make Afolabi a threat in the box. His runs when crosses are coming in needs to improve too. He’s always very static.

I dont think Clarkes goal was a clear offside, everyones looking at the 6 yard line with Clarke and Hortons foot position and not taking into account that Novak jumping with Kenny for the ball were both ahead of them but mid leap feet off the ground. It may or may not have been offside, the TV angles weren't overly conclusive and the linesmans view would have been obscured.

As for the peno incident, I think it was a peno but again it wasn't clear cut. Id to watch it a few times on Youtube slowed down. In real time it looked like he got the ball and the ref would have certainly seen it that way from his angle, it was the linesman that should have called it if he'd seen it but it too tight of a call.

I understand Bohs fans feeling aggrieved and hard done by, we've all been there on other nights but it certainly wasn't highway robbery or terrible officiating like in other games this season.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 7:56pm
Talbot again 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 8:23pm
he’s a liability. Second was a freak but it still went in off him. f**king nerve went two years ago and was never replaced.
Two fullbacks and a keeper badly needed.
No Pasaran!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 8:33pm
Some strike for the 2nd, unlucky with the rebound to be fair.

Out of possession, the midfield have been way off. Barely even getting close enough to put a foot in. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 8:50pm
Flores is one of the best midfielders in the league. He is NOT a left full. Him McManus and McDonnell is our best midfield 3. Buckley is better at rb than Horton, but still not a rb. Kirk ain’t up to it. We need a keeper and two fullbacks, Dec dosent seem to see this, daft. I’d give the lad Dennison a go, can’t be any worse than jitters Talbot.
No Pasaran!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 9:50pm
Good comeback but again, it takes conceding or having a man sent off to put in that effort.

Devine got the team selection badly wrong. You can’t be going away from home to the teams you’re challenging for European spots and starting a midfield that inexperienced.

McDaid made some difference when he came on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 282>
  Share Topic