You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bohemian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 282>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I assume the climate change officer is a role that involves trying to make changes within the club that would see it become more environmentally friendly etc etc? If so, then how could anyone have an issue with that sort of initiative? Seems to be just something a few narrow minded, try and score points at any cost against a rival type of person would latch onto.

If the role is as Im assuming above, then every club should have one.

Yeah plenty of clubs across UK and Europe involved , there was a seminar held in Liverpool not too long ago with shared ideas , good funding available to support it also .

Liverpool and Spurs appear to be leading the way in the UK.
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 5:23pm
Imagine reading the last few pages of bile and thinking I might get in on this cause I’m a rovers fan LOL
Lad from the national party hasn’t a clue about the LOI let alone Bohs and probably Ballymun too just doesn’t like migrants. plenty seem to have short memories in this country. 
And bohs as a club haven’t been bigger in 30/40 years, record membership, income and ticket sales but yeah there’s mutiny in the club 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

I assume the climate change officer is a role that involves trying to make changes within the club that would see it become more environmentally friendly etc etc? If so, then how could anyone have an issue with that sort of initiative? Seems to be just something a few narrow minded, try and score points at any cost against a rival type of person would latch onto.

Yeah plenty of clubs across UK and Europe involved , there was a seminar held in Liverpool not too long ago with shared ideas , good funding available to support it also .

Liverpool actually supply funding to Bohs but don’t tell Borussia! 
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 5:34pm
Yep the Liverpool Foundation .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Liverpool actually supply funding to Bohs but don’t tell Borussia! 

I'll be in Liverpool again next week so I'll have a word and sort this madness!!

In all seriousness, as they tell us a million times Bohs are a fan owned club so if anybody had any serious issues with the direction the people who run the club are taking then there would be an avenue for them to air their complaints and it doesn't look like anybody is doing that. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 6:04pm

Yep the Liverpool Foundation .

The type of thing that should be happening in fairness - The big clubs get plenty of privileges that come with the status so they really should be looking to work with and help smaller clubs (no dig intended here) in important areas like this. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 6:05pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I just dont get the infatuation fans have about discussing other clubs almost more than their own, and thats across the board., every club has them. Im all for the banter that comes with rivalries and around matches etc but seizing on every little thing just to try and point score it pathetic but, I suppose it takes all sorts… 

Calm down there Sham - All that hot air isn't good for the environment!
You'll be barred from Dalymount!

Not sure where you’re sensing a lack of calm. Maybe it was saying every club has them that wrangled with you. 

Indeed, being barred from Dalymount would have a detrimental effect on my non existent Friday night merchant (if that’s the correct take on a term coined by some genius in the ROI section a while ago) status alright…
That would look great on a badge!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Three new signings en route according to Neil O Riordan. Two would be defenders you'd think.
Dylan Connolly & Conor Keeley seem to be 2 of the 3 

I see Connolly has had his contract with Morecombe terminated.
Connolly signs. Potentially an excellent signing. Clap
A couple of defenders needed next 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 1:33pm
Asbohstos FC Wink
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 9:09pm

Three new signings en route according to Neil O Riordan. Two would be defenders you'd think.

Hearing anything re defenders?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 9:12pm

Hearing anything re defenders?
We were supposed to have an agreement with Joe Shaughnessy of St Mirren but that’s in the air. 
We’re struggling with recruitment, all clubs are, there’s a massive lack of sufficient players now with all the lads going to the UK in the last 18 months 
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 9:28pm
Sam Todd in the Summer UCD apparently .
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 5:45am
It’s at that stage where most signings made by clubs have a sense of hit and hope about them. 

But I’d rather go with a smaller squad than be signing loads of players like last season which was an absolute disaster.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 8:53am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

But I’d rather go with a smaller squad than be signing loads of players like last season which was an absolute disaster.
I don’t disagree but there’s small, and there’s having 4 defenders small! LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 4:30am
Didn't realise it was only 4 defenders we had signed LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2023 at 1:06pm
Nutsy confirmed as DoF 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2023 at 1:11pm
most important signing. Badly needed, an overall eye on the football  rather than day to day business.
No Pasaran!
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2023 at 1:51pm

Nutsy confirmed as DoF 

Just in time to mess the club all over again!
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 282>
  Share Topic