You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bohemian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 230231232233234 282>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 7:52pm
absolute rubbish from us, if I never see any of those players again I’ll be happy.
Well done shels thoroughly deserved, go and win the f**ker now.
No Pasaran!
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 4:45am
The worst thing is a lot of those mid-season signings were on multi-year contracts too. Most of them are nowhere near good enough to play for a team with ambitions of making the European spots.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 11:19am
Disaster of a season, worse in contrast to the highs of 12 months ago

I think its apparant now they jumped the gun on Long.(unless He had enough too)

And yeah trying to off load some of those heartless Journey men is now a new problem, as well as finding a new manager, We are in no mans land
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

And yeah trying to off load some of those heartless Journey men is now a new problem, as well as finding a new manager, We are in no mans land

Not sure about that it...needed freshening up which is why I'm amazed they didn't get rid of Croly when Long went ...he should be jettisoned at the earliest oppurtunity.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Not sure about that it...needed freshening up which is why I'm amazed they didn't get rid of Croly when Long went ...he should be jettisoned at the earliest oppurtunity.

Correct. The whole team and structure has been led by long and Crolly. To hang onto one shows it was a panic poorly thought out move.

You cant look at the players We lost and expect us to compete. As much as Long carrys the can for who He brought it, it was a gamble and never guaranteed results
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 8:38pm
Great run by Feely for Clarke's goal. 

Max Murphy had an absolute Max Murphy for the first 20 minutes.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Great run by Feely for Clarke's goal. 

Max Murphy had an absolute Max Murphy for the first 20 minutes.
LOL
Mullins Clarke Flores is a decent midfield 3, Clarke took his goal very well.  
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 9:59pm
In the top half ClapLOL
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 10:02pm
vastly improved, the players seem to have finally copped the f**k on they’re expected to put a bit of effort in. Bout time.
No Pasaran!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 8:13am
A much more comfortable 2nd half than I expected because UCD weren't bad at all in the first half. We were a lot better in possession and were more of less under no pressure during that 2nd half, apart from our inability to close out games.

Feely did well again, same with Clarke. Flores was lucky not to get booked for the tackle he made where he injured himself and then did a daft lunge again in the 2nd half. He has serious quality but just needs to keep it simpler at times. Was unlucky hitting the post.

I've slated him enough this season but credit where it's due, Twardek puts in a great shift, same for McDaid. They're not the best but they might be what's needed in terms of hard work and effort to finish ahead of Sligo.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 6:54pm
Ian Ryan is Bohs no1 choice according to Dan McDonnell. 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 4:50am
Seems like the other candidates were unaware that Reynolds had been offered the job and had assumed they were still in contention as they hadn't been told otherwise. Not a great way to manage the recruitment process. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 7:38am

Seems like the other candidates were unaware that Reynolds had been offered the job and had assumed they were still in contention as they hadn't been told otherwise. Not a great way to manage the recruitment process. 
I don’t think Reynolds was offered the job, I think that story in the Derry Journal was very misleading. Reynolds wanted to keep his 21s job and was told no so was forced to “turn down bohs” 
But I’d agree it is a little messy. I still maintain the club needs a director of football 

Edited by 9fingers - 07 Oct 2022 at 7:39am
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 9:43am
Im finding the whole process underwhelming and infuriating.

Theres no one seems a better bet than Long was. So why sack him? 

Who heap of names there are just a gamble. 

There is nothing special about some of the fanbase like We think We are. We became an entitled bunch and from the word go got at the team this season. Didnt know the word patience as We were entitled to wins things as Wed spend the money and changed the playing staff.

Raging
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 9:52am

There is nothing special about some of the fanbase like We think We are. We became an entitled bunch and from the word go got at the team this season. Didnt know the word patience as We were entitled to wins things as Wed spend the money and changed the playing staff.

Raging

nearly every loi appointment is a gamble
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 10:11am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I don’t think Reynolds was offered the job, I think that story in the Derry Journal was very misleading. Reynolds wanted to keep his 21s job and was told no so was forced to “turn down bohs” 
But I’d agree it is a little messy. I still maintain the club needs a director of football 
Given some of the jobs already handed out by Bohs, you're more likely to see a Director of Optimum PSI in a Football role before you see a Director of Football
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 10:22am
Top bantz from one clubs volunteer about another clubs volunteers Clap 
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

Raging

nearly every loi appointment is a gamble

I agree, I just would have thought that to sack someone like Long they wouldve been a bit confident of having someone more experienced or otherwise to step in

They clearly didnt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 230231232233234 282>
  Share Topic