You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bohemian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 282>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Great performance. Got lucky at times with some poor finishing and goalkeeping from them but well worth the win. Similar to Dundalk in 2016, it's great to see an Irish team play with the belief that they can win, rather than trying to soak up pressure all the time.

One of the best European results in LoI history, and no one will have seen it unless they were at the game or paid for the stream. 3 teams in Europe this week and not one will be on national tv. Shameful.

Ciaran Kelly was brilliant Clap
RTE sport are a f**king disgrace. 

They were offered it for free and turned it down. Unreal run and they're zero interest. 

Can guarantee if it was a few of the Ireland U20 rugby team throwing a ball around in a D4 back garden RTE would be all over it like a rash

RTÉ and Virgin’s lack of interest in Irish football’s good news story in what’s been a testing 2021 has been noted

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 2:38pm
Lads RTE and Virgin or whoever have no real interest in Irish club football. we have known this for decades. I honestly think the guys in these sports dept have just an EPL mindset. and that is fine but we need to have both. There is no real vision there. I look at the scandinavian leagues Norway/Sweden/Denmark. These are all countries that have a huge interest in the EPL but also have strong domestic league. Very strong in fact. Now there are other factors at play, investors etc but they are also well supported from the locals. this country is just premier league or no league. Now all us LOI fans think different, enough of us anyway thankfully. I watch all football, all leagues but i want our own to develop and flourish. Will it ever get the chance to really take off though. I'm not sure unfortunately.
I love beer gardens
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 5:41pm
Disgraceful from the national broadcaster. No LOI games in TV since May is a joke also. Should be at least one game per week. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 5:44pm
Class Class night, everyman switched on for 90 minutes and well taken goals. Also put them under pressure at times. The likes of Teirney, Coote, Devoy, Talbot, Burt are top drawer. Bucko is playing out of his skin. Kelly offers so much up fornt and the defence is like watching R Dunne against the Russians at times. Nervous already about next week

Wouldnt worry about RTE or Virgin. They obviously fancy ratings elsewhere. We need continued performances by our teams in Europe every year, organise our own streaming services and sell the rights come the time and not be giving them away for free. 

In fariness to RTE they did offer a service during covid when clubs claimed they could not. The sad case was the ratings were poor. RTE made their point, regardless of a hald arsed effort, no one else stepped in to do it. Dont get me Wrong Im not Pro RTE. But no one else put up their hand last year when they did. Virgin hide away too.

TBH Im not bothered its not on TV , Im at the Game. Next week will kill me though if its not on anywhere like FKN dudelanger
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 5:48pm
Have Bohs thought of approaching Comedy Central to see if they are interested?

Seriously though, as the public service broadcaster RTE have a duty to promote and cover sport and they have not done that with the LOI for a long time. People bang on about the Under 20 Rugby coverage but actually it's just the perfect example of how much RTE don't do. I'd love to know the viewing figures for those games. They could probably move them online only and nobody would care. 

Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Lads RTE and Virgin or whoever have no real interest in Irish club football. we have known this for decades. I honestly think the guys in these sports dept have just an EPL mindset. and that is fine but we need to have both. There is no real vision there. I look at the scandinavian leagues Norway/Sweden/Denmark. These are all countries that have a huge interest in the EPL but also have strong domestic league. Very strong in fact. Now there are other factors at play, investors etc but they are also well supported from the locals. this country is just premier league or no league. Now all us LOI fans think different, enough of us anyway thankfully. I watch all football, all leagues but i want our own to develop and flourish. Will it ever get the chance to really take off though. I'm not sure unfortunately.
Agree with everything you said there. If only someone could invest and follow the Norway / Sweden / Denmark model here it could be a great success . Proper all round marketing and facilities. The atmosphere in the stadium last night was brilliant. Great to chat to some top league of Ireland players who came to support Bohs last night . I came up from Clare for the 3 games and it was fantastic. Hopefully they get thru next week but it will be very tough . It will be interesting to see how Dundalk do against vitesse and hopefully Rovers do the business on Thursday too
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 6:27pm
I have a feeling Dundalk might concede a good few to Vitesse. Hope im wrong. Big step up. 
I love beer gardens
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Have Bohs thought of approaching Comedy Central to see if they are interested?

Seriously though, as the public service broadcaster RTE have a duty to promote and cover sport and they have not done that with the LOI for a long time. People bang on about the Under 20 Rugby coverage but actually it's just the perfect example of how much RTE don't do. I'd love to know the viewing figures for those games. They could probably move them online only and nobody would care. 

I'd say RTE are motivated by viewing and nothing else. 

This Friday,  RTE have Roz Purcell hill walking. Would this get more viewers than a match?
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 6:45pm

I have a feeling Dundalk might concede a good few to Vitesse. Hope im wrong. Big step up. 
Ya big step up…Will be a tough game in Arnhem for sure. Went to a few games in that great stadium a few years back . 
brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 7:06pm
I know away fans are not meant to travel to match, but is many bohs fsns going ovrr any way
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by brissy brissy wrote:

I know away fans are not meant to travel to match, but is many bohs fsns going ovrr any way
Will be 100 or so by the looks of it
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 7:35pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 10:12pm
the ratings for the streaming supposedly were less than 20k and loi fans weren't watching other loi clubs only their own

Yiur man head of sport  from rté said they need figures of 100k to justify showomg something

It was all on the rte soccer podcast on rté pre and post strsmakng service last year. He had all his arguments lined up

And those figures were in light of nothing else being on at the time.

It's a puzzle that's very hard to solve. 

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Agree with everything you said there. If only someone could invest and follow the Norway / Sweden / Denmark model here it could be a great success . Proper all round marketing and facilities. The atmosphere in the stadium last night was brilliant. Great to chat to some top league of Ireland players who came to support Bohs last night . I came up from Clare for the 3 games and it was fantastic. Hopefully they get thru next week but it will be very tough . It will be interesting to see how Dundalk do against vitesse and hopefully Rovers do the business on Thursday too
Go on Liam throw a few players names out there, interested to see the ones who are fans as well.
No Pasaran!
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 8:10am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Go on Liam throw
 a few players names out there, interested to see the ones who are fans as well.
Two down to earth lads. The injured Dundalk centre half Brian Gartland and Dane Massey of Drogheda 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 9:00am
Oscar Brennan, Lorcan Fitz, and you can guarantee half the Shels squad were there as they have been for every big game in the last 4 or 5 years 
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by brissy brissy wrote:

Bit the bullet and booked it yesterday evening.
brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 12:31am
How much you pay for flight?

Edited by brissy - 06 Aug 2021 at 12:32am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 282>
  Share Topic