FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bohemian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 282>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rolling boh View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 7:09pm
Deccy got a job quick enough and got a win .
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 8:57am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

we were solid tonight. Lilander the weak link in that 4, he’s no better than Bart k imo.
Midfield, Flores and McDonnell were great at covering and blocking, but poor enough at getting the ball down and passing it. The goal transformed Rooney he needed that. Clarkey was terrific, as was the big man up front. Dylan was his usual mad self, great to watch though, love that geezer. Subs all did a decent job, great win and hopefully kicks our season awake, UTB

I think the game plan was not to betting the ball down.  We had less than 40% of the ball.  This was a back to basics blood and guts performance with a couple of moments of nice football.  The midfielders instructions tonight were to work like dogs and win second balls.  They did that well.  
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 5:34am
That was some save by Maher in the second half from Piszcek’s header.

The commentary team got there eventually with Rooney being the first goal scorer LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 12:47am
we were solid tonight. Lilander the weak link in that 4, he’s no better than Bart k imo.
Midfield, Flores and McDonnell were great at covering and blocking, but poor enough at getting the ball down and passing it. The goal transformed Rooney he needed that. Clarkey was terrific, as was the big man up front. Dylan was his usual mad self, great to watch though, love that geezer. Subs all did a decent job, great win and hopefully kicks our season awake, UTB
No Pasaran!
BohsJohnny View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsJohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 12:35am
Mills looks like a great player. A defender who doesn't get dominated in the air is a breath of fresh air compared to what we've put up with over the last few years. Why did Devine not use him? 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 11:06pm
brilliant work rate tonight.
Paddy K man of the match, whole team well up for a scrap.
Welcome back Trevor.
No Pasaran!
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 10:16pm
Should give the lads a real morale  boost after that win ,great stuff really hard fought win against a good side. 
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 9:51pm
I couldn't make the game tonight due to illness but that's a really good result. 

Derry have been a bogey for us for years.
https://www.orourkeda.blog

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 6:49pm
Talbot on the bench tonight Clap
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 9:29pm
I thought he would end up in some position with the FAI rather than return to the domestic league, I know he wouldn't  be flooded with job offers from  elsewhere just thought the FAI was the most likely option that he would have .
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

In LoI terms, he’s done his best work when he’s built a team up from nothing, rather than going in at Rovers where he was expected to win straight away.

He'll fit right in at Bohs now so LOL
I love beer gardens
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 9:08pm
In LoI terms, he’s done his best work when he’s built a team up from nothing, rather than going in at Rovers where he was expected to win straight away.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Rolling boh Rolling boh wrote:

Seems to be moving in that direction with him being at the ground and training  ground  .Have to say I am really surprised that he is prepared to return to bohs .

Why? Its not as like he was a manager at Man City or Chelsea previously. I dont see anything wrong with him managing in the LOI again. His aim would be to get a Bohs back into Europe and try to progress that way. Plus we all like to think the league is in the way up. Would whip up another bit of interest too. 
I love beer gardens
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 8:52pm
Seems to be moving in that direction with him being at the ground and training  ground  .Have to say I am really surprised that he is prepared to return to bohs .
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 4:30pm
SK has been at the training ground & in Dalier, can we get it signed…..
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 6:07am
would’ve agreed a couple of years ago lodger, but the clubs growing at a rate of knots now, get the foundations laid properly early on I’d say.
No Pasaran!
Lodger View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 10:15pm
Understand the role, just don’t see the need for it at a club the size of Bohs. To me it doesn’t seem like we are getting value for money. His role extends to first team recruitment which I can see causing difficulties with whoever the new manager is going to be. He won’t be gotten rid of anyway. 
BohsJohnny View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsJohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 8:37pm
I'm not sure but it feels like people don't actually understand what Fenlon's remit as DOF is. He's head of football for the entire club including the academy and the women's teams. Really doesn't make sense to want the back of him after a year when he's trying to create professional football structures across the club and that would be impossible in such a short time period. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 282>
  Share Topic