You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Sham,

This was case with me before I had mine week before Xmas and this was a no go in my book. Rang up insurance company and now mine is due every Feb instead.
Grand. Once i know its doable without penalty (as in affect future insurance) ill visit it again around March.
Yeah can be done no bother. You've 2 options: Wait until the renewal and ring your insurance company and ask them how much it is to renew to X date as you want to change the time of year its due & pay whatever it is. 

If they wont do that then you can renew it for 12 months and cancel it during the year and take a policy out elsewhere. You'll get hit with a cancellation fee which can vary in price so check that out beforehand. 

Good stiff, cheers ladsThumbs Up
Hmm never thought someone could get so excited over an insurance policy LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Sham,

This was case with me before I had mine week before Xmas and this was a no go in my book. Rang up insurance company and now mine is due every Feb instead.
Grand. Once i know its doable without penalty (as in affect future insurance) ill visit it again around March.
Yeah can be done no bother. You've 2 options: Wait until the renewal and ring your insurance company and ask them how much it is to renew to X date as you want to change the time of year its due & pay whatever it is. 

If they wont do that then you can renew it for 12 months and cancel it during the year and take a policy out elsewhere. You'll get hit with a cancellation fee which can vary in price so check that out beforehand. 

Good stuff, cheers ladsThumbs Up
Hmm never thought someone could get so excited over an insurance policy LOL
Confused

LOL
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 11:20am
Cancelled my own insurance last week as sold the car and don't know when I'll be getting another one as no real need for 2 cars in the house at the minute. Insurance company said it was no issue at all. Was paying monthly so am presuming it will just stop. Only thing that has me worried is might not be able to get covered on performance cars now as a new policy rather than as an existing customer. Only time will tell.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Cancelled my own insurance last week as sold the car and don't know when I'll be getting another one as no real need for 2 cars in the house at the minute. Insurance company said it was no issue at all. Was paying monthly so am presuming it will just stop. Only thing that has me worried is might not be able to get covered on performance cars now as a new policy rather than as an existing customer. Only time will tell.
Make sure you're on the other policy as a named driver anyway. Its best not to have gaps on your coverage
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Make sure you're on the other policy as a named driver anyway. Its best not to have gaps on your coverage

I am, and need to be as I take her car everyday!! Don't know how long it will be until I get something else for myself, could be a couple of weeks or a couple of months but didn't see the point of paying €60 pm when I didn't have a car and couldn't suspend the policy as the car was sold. Either keep paying full wack on a 3.0L car or cancel altogether.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 2:00pm

I suspended cover temporarily for about six months last year. Full refund on premiums or 75% if I wanted to keep fire and theft cover. Just had to ring them when I wanted to go back on. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

I suspended cover temporarily for about six months last year. Full refund on premiums or 75% if I wanted to keep fire and theft cover. Just had to ring them when I wanted to go back on. 

Slightly different for me as I've sold the car and therefore have no insurable interest so couldn't do that, well so they told me. But were happy to keep taking the monthly premium knowing I had no car.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:27pm
Have peoples policies gone down by much?

My renewal is down from last year.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:30pm
€450 fully comp with 123. Happy with that. I find the key is getting in early.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:36pm
355 third party - it was 383e last year.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:47pm
YEah mine is about €400 too, down from about €550 3 years ago
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 5:58pm

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Nothing stopping you doing it Sham, talked to friend in FBD and he said it happens more than you think, but there could be a cancellation on your original policy, all policies are different so he couldn’t guarantee 

f**kin hell this question went sideways LOL
Excellent, cheers 9f, you can hold your head high as you actually ‘got it’ LOL

You can also, talk to you insurance company directly (not a broker afaik) and ask to add 3 months to this years policy, pay them monthly then renew with them for 12 months and you’re new renewal date will be March/April 
That could be a slightly simpler way around it alright. Thumbs Up
UPDATE:
Mt premium in January was €783. Had a look over the last few days and same company quoted me €603 starting on Thursday. Current policy cancelled returning the cert and disc docs in the post and new policy bought and paid for. Refund of €589 due back which pretty much covers my new policy. 

Result, cheaper policy and new renewal dateClap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 3:13pm
That time of year again, renewal email arrived. 
Ended up paying €571 last year April. Renewal this year is €506. Obviously going to shop around on over the next few days but happy enough its gone down by €60 odd. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 3:22pm
Put the 60 quid into next years winter heating budget
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 3:49pm
Thats a couple of hours heating covered.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 4:08pm
LOL
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 4:18pm
Never ask a  human about car insurance. Meercats are the experts.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 6:49pm
Renewed mine yesterday.  €504 in total. Came down €80 or so from last year so will take that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>
  Share Topic