You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 4:04am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

That time of year again, renewal email arrived. 
Ended up paying €571 last year April. Renewal this year is €506. Obviously going to shop around on over the next few days but happy enough its gone down by €60 odd. 

You're obviously right to shop around but that's a decent drop in renewal price seeing as you were probably expecting it be 60 quid the other way. Can't understand why people don't think it's worth the hassle to shop around, whether its utilities, mortgage or insurance. Took a long time to convince my mother that she was being ripped off by showing loyalty to certain companies.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 6:38am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Ended up paying €571 last year April. Renewal this year is €506. Obviously going to shop around on over the next few days but happy enough its gone down by €60 odd. 

You're obviously right to shop around but that's a decent drop in renewal price seeing as you were probably expecting it be 60 quid the other way. Can't understand why people don't think it's worth the hassle to shop around, whether its utilities, mortgage or insurance. Took a long time to convince my mother that she was being ripped off by showing loyalty to certain companies.
Ah I know, its crazy. My own mother wont shop around or let me, she doesn’t want to pay by DD, wants paper bills and to trudge to the Post Office. I gave up.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 9:23am

Think most are going down the last year or so, the scrutiny on legal fees and insurance profits has put pressure on the premiums.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 2:10pm
Did a quick shop around overnight while in work. Every quote I got was well over €600 right up to €1200. Its a bat sh*t crazy market.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2022 at 5:38am

Ah I know, its crazy. My own mother wont shop around or let me, she doesn’t want to pay by DD, wants paper bills and to trudge to the Post Office. I gave up.

Exact same  reason with her. She sticks with them because she can part-pay a bill the odd month through the Post Office and would have to sign up to direct debit if she switched.

I also don't think she ever shopped around for a better mortgage rate, despite constantly giving out about PTSB.

Edited by The Huntacha - 17 Mar 2022 at 5:38am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 4:04pm

Did a quick shop around overnight while in work. Every quote I got was well over €600 right up to €1200. Its a bat sh*t crazy market.
Just off the phone with KennCo to ‘discuss’ my renewal. Told them I was starting the shop around process and just wanted their absolute best price before I started. They knocked €40 off my renewal price of €506, so renewed for €466. Delighted with that. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 7:12pm
with them directly? Was with them via chill two years ago.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 7:50pm
The only person I will take car insurance advice off is a meercat
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

with them directly? Was with them via chill two years ago.

Yeah direct, did it online last year and then rang them earlier. Always worth giving a call, generally speaking they have a few quid available to knock off.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The only person I will take car insurance advice off is a meercat
That doesn’t surprise me.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 8:56am
I'm in Belfast and this is only my 2nd year driving, I had one at-fault accident just last month which was a sickener, completely my own fault and feel like a twat for it but is what it is. Was only a minor thing and nobody hurt thankfully. 

My renewal price was £1700 up from £1335! I expected it to go up but thought that was mad. I shopped around then and I've ended up with £1070 LOL I phoned up the company with the quote reference just to make sure I'd filled in everything correctly with the at-fault incident and all because I couldn't believe it but it's all good. Delighted to be honest! 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 5:15pm
Anyone ever have issues claiming through insurance when the other person was at fault?

A guy took the front off the misses car while it was parked outside the house. 
His insurance has now written off the car and offered 18k. She bought it 18months ago for 17500 and added the warranty. Same car now is over 19k.
They wanted 3 examples of the car being dearer and when she sent them the examples they said the garage will give a better price when paying cash, but they won't.
She didn't accept the first offer so they came back with an extra €250. And kind of threatening her saying they will take the rental car back if she doesn't accept their offer.
Some f**ckers
The dark side.. And the light
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 3:14pm
Learner Driver first Insurance who would be best for a Quote?
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Get on to any broker would be best. Let them to the hard work 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 3:19pm
Got my own insurance renewal this morning up €125 on last year to €750 LOLLOL FBD are robbing ****s. 
5 mins on chill.ie and I’ve it sorted for €505
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Bonkers.ie got me a great deal after my insurance went up with 123.ie.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 8:08pm
Who's at fault here. 

Person A is driving down a narrow one way street with cars parked on either side, stops and indicates to reverse park into a space on his/her left hand side. Indicates and parks. Lets a vehicle pass by and then opens the car door not realising there is another car coming behind that car. 

As soon as the door is opened Person B drives into the car door causing damage to both vehicles. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 04 Dec 2022 at 8:08pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 8:19pm
The person opening the door surely
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
  Share Topic