You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:31pm
Just got a quote of €5,000 from 123.ie!

I've been driving 9 years (on a provisional Embarrassed) have my full licence test next week so fingers cross I pass it!

Now I had a minor claim when driving as a named driver on my mams premium, will my quote come down a good amount once I have the full licence and can anyone recommend the cheapest company to turn too please?
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:47pm
Try 123.

Insurance premiums are going through the roof anyway.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Try 123.

They were the c**ts who were asking for €5,000 Dead

I may do something soon, as I can't keep going under my mam's name for insurance.....
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Try 123.

They were the c**ts who were asking for €5,000 Dead

I may do something soon, as I can't keep going under my mam's name for insurance.....
I was given a number for a broker in Sligo about 5 years ago called cavanagh hooper dolan. I have priced around with the others at every renewal but could never beat their price. Worth giving them a shout
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 9:46pm
If you're looking for cheap insurance I'd start by selling the Jag I'd say it looks great with the L plates though
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

If you're looking for cheap insurance I'd start by selling the Jag I'd say it looks great with the L plates though

I won't be driving it until I pass my full licence test Monday week Cool

Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Will look even better with N plates LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 7:00pm
Got some decent news today regarding insurance, basically if I pass my test on Monday i'll get fully comp for €2,100 which is some deal in comparison to the €5,000 I was getting quoted from 123.ie with a provisional. 

May pass this f**king test Monday or I may go and book the test again and keep shelling out for lessons Cry

Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 11:50pm
Fasten your seat belts here we go again! unfcukinbelieveble!Thumbs Down

MOTORISTS have been hit by a new insurance crisis after another insurer regulated outside the country collapsed.

Enterprise Insurance, which is regulated in Gibraltar, is being wound up.

The insurer has 14,000 policyholders here, selling its insurance through brokers.

It is not known what the cost of the collapse will be for motorists here, but it is expected to run into the millions of euro.

Malta-regulated Setanta failed in 2014 leading to a legal dispute over who should pick up the cost for the 1,700 claims that could cost €95.2m to settle.

But ultimately the collapse of Setanta will be paid for by motorists here.

Now there are fears that another collapse of an insurer will end up putting new pressure on premiums.

Across all insurers premiums shot up by almost 40pc last year as the industry struggles with a number of issues.

The failure of Enterprise Insurance is likely to add to the pressure on premium rates.

The Central Bank of Ireland said it did not regulate Enterprise Insurance but was informed by officials in Gibraltar that the firm was being wound up.

Enterprise Insurance also had operations in other European countries.

The Central Bank said: “Motor insurance policyholders in Ireland, who bought insurance through the broker network, may be affected. Any policy holder who has concerns about their policy should contact their broker in the first instance.”

Policyholders with questions should contact the Gibraltar Financial Services Authority Commission on 00 350 200 40284, or email enterprisepolicyholders@fsc.gi.

Motorists affected also contact Enterprise on telephone number 00 350 200 50150.

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 12:11am
Getting out of control . I have a uk policy and the same policy in Ireland would be €500 dearer .
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Getting out of control . I have a uk policy and the same policy in Ireland would be €500 dearer .

Butch, do you live in the UK and have a UK policy? Or are you living in Ireland and managed to get a policy through a UK company? Interested because when my insurance was up a few months ago I was trying to suss out was it possible to get insurance in the UK/EU that would be cheaper but also legally cover me here. I had no luck.

The whole insurance thing is an absolute shambles at this point.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 12:32am
3 main factors at play here, firstly, the collapse of Quinn & Setanta (well documented, though why motorists should have to pay for Mr Quinn's removal of company funds to go & gamble on buying shares in Anglo Irish bank, thus leaving his insurance company insolvent, is probably a subject deserving of a thread of its own). Nobody found guilty by any court of law of anything here yet, don't think there are even plans to bring anyone to court over it. 

2nd, Insurance fraud, tis only massive in this country, and 3rd, very much linked to point 2, is the amount of money our courts are throwing out to personal injury claims. These should be capped, and in the case of individuals with a history of multiple claims, thoroughly investigated. 

Everything in this country relating to running a car is actually a scandal, from the tax laws on older cars, to the illegal VRT on the selling price (government make so much money from this illegal tax that they can afford to pay the EU fine annually & still come out of it in profit), the tax level on petrol, insurance costs where motorists are now paying for a private individual's gambling debt, to the fact the road tax isn't all spent on the roads, but on things like Irish Water instead. 

Then you have the money making racket that is the NCT, fair enough, a safety test of sorts is required, but if your car has a blown bulb worth € 2 on the day of the test, that's a fail & a € 25 re-test fee please. The green party managed to entirely kill off car manufacturers selling petrol cars here nearly entirely, just because it was thought diesel was more environmentally friendly. The VW shenanigans proved this may not be the case either. Whole thing is a disaster from start to finish. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 12:44am
The petrol tax was one that I wasn't fully aware of until a year or 2 ago. Now I knew there was plenty of tax going to the government when I bought petrol but I had no idea it was way over 50 percent {correct me if I'm wrong there}. Everything about running a car is a money making scam for the government here. The point about motor tax being spent on other things besides roads really boils my p*ss as well. I'm presuming that has been going on since the year dot?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 1:12am
Not entirely sure on that one Hans, I suppose it all goes into the larger tax take & is distributed as the government see fit, like, the Celtic Tiger FF government probably did spend the majority of the motor tax money on roads with their motorway network building projects at that time, but it probably varies from year to year. 

As far as I know, the motor tax take is far larger than what is spent on transport in the past few years anyway, in 2015, the take was 1.159 billion euros. That's just motor tax, not including NCT take (government in a share ownership of NCT with Swedish company) , not road tolls, not VRT on cars, not VAT on cars, not VAT on petrol, not VAT on tyres, not VAT on service costs, not driving licence fees, not VAT on learning to drive in the first place, not VAT or levy on insurance. 

Motorists are basically keeping this country on the road (pun intended)

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 10:48am
Motor Tax money is put into the general taxation fund and is spent any way they see fit.Its sure as f**k isnt kept solely to fund transport infrastructure or help make driving safer.

Deise is right,motorists really do prop up the country.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 12:16pm
Government take from NCT is small, which is probably a shame, as millions upon millions is taken out of the country to Spain to Applus, the company who runs it until 2020.
Having a national car test is an EU requirement, so as such will always be there.

VRT is a joke, and again the government are paying Applus to collect this double tax

Insurance in this country is a complete shambles

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

3 main factors at play here, firstly, the collapse of Quinn & Setanta (well documented, though why motorists should have to pay for Mr Quinn's removal of company funds to go & gamble on buying shares in Anglo Irish bank, thus leaving his insurance company insolvent, is probably a subject deserving of a thread of its own). Nobody found guilty by any court of law of anything here yet, don't think there are even plans to bring anyone to court over it. 

2nd, Insurance fraud, tis only massive in this country, and 3rd, very much linked to point 2, is the amount of money our courts are throwing out to personal injury claims. These should be capped, and in the case of individuals with a history of multiple claims, thoroughly investigated. 

Everything in this country relating to running a car is actually a scandal, from the tax laws on older cars, to the illegal VRT on the selling price (government make so much money from this illegal tax that they can afford to pay the EU fine annually & still come out of it in profit), the tax level on petrol, insurance costs where motorists are now paying for a private individual's gambling debt, to the fact the road tax isn't all spent on the roads, but on things like Irish Water instead. 

Then you have the money making racket that is the NCT, fair enough, a safety test of sorts is required, but if your car has a blown bulb worth € 2 on the day of the test, that's a fail & a € 25 re-test fee please. The green party managed to entirely kill off car manufacturers selling petrol cars here nearly entirely, just because it was thought diesel was more environmentally friendly. The VW shenanigans proved this may not be the case either. Whole thing is a disaster from start to finish. 

No such thing as road tax deise

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 3:39pm
Tis hard to keep up Shoco, giz a break LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
  Share Topic