You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car Insurance
    Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 11:37am
Gone up €300, cheapest i can get is €1,098. No claims in my first 2 years of driving.

If I worked in Castlebar I'd tell them to get f**ked and just sell my car.

I am sick. Absolute ****s
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 12:22pm
Same story for everyone it seems. Mine only went up 90. Took it.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 12:40pm
You a young driver Mark? Why's it so expensive?

Shop around is the only advice. If all companies are offering similar then unfortunately you've got some risk attached to you
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 12:53pm
Was expecting mine to go up but actually went down by €100.
When the rang to renew they knocked another €50 off.

123.ie.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 1:09pm
got my renewal last week, gone up 170 quid, can get potentially cheaper if i change to AIG and use their driving app, don't think it's worth the hassle for a potential 70 quid saving

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 2:53pm
I'll try 123.ie tomorrow and see what the story is

I'm 27 and only driving for 2 years which is why it's so high. Awful frustrating though.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 3:08pm
25plus.ie has been the cheapest for me for the last 2 years, allthough this year they did jump up , they still worked out the cheapest.

I think Anpost were looking cheap aswell and Britton Insurance up in donegal.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 1:25pm
Got a quote for my renewal and it's gone up by €375 LOL
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 9:19am
general question about insurance

I sold my car this time last year so havent had insurance for a year now. How long is it before i lose my no claims bonus because i havent been insured.
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:22am
Two years it is.

I was in the same boat so now myself and my wife switch insurance each year on the same car, this year I'm the main with her named driver and next year vice versa, it's the only way to keep both sets of no claims floating. If you have no one that can fill that role I'm not sure what you'd do.

Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

general question about insurance

I sold my car this time last year so havent had insurance for a year now. How long is it before i lose my no claims bonus because i havent been insured.
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:34am
Can i Insure myself on her car as the main driver if the car is not in my name
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:35am
not if shes already insured as the main driver

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:35am
Yep, that's exactly what we've done. It's a common enough practice for this situation. Just cancel or wait for her insurance to be up.

Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Can i Insure myself on her car as the main driver if the car is not in my name

Edited by Fitzinho - 05 May 2016 at 10:36am
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 11:03am
You are supposed to be the registered owner of the vehicle in order to be the main driver under an insurance policy.   At least that is the way is used to be when I worked in the industry.    It was a question specifically asked on the proposal form.

Check into that, when renewing again, it might be in the small print.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 11:25am
Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

You are supposed to be the registered owner of the vehicle in order to be the main driver under an insurance policy.   At least that is the way is used to be when I worked in the industry.    It was a question specifically asked on the proposal form.

Check into that, when renewing again, it might be in the small print.
If its husband & wife its grand, it can be registered in either name and insured in either name. For everyone else it needs to be insured in whoever's name it's registered

Just about the above posts, switching every year is one way of going about it all but it really shouldn't need to be done. If you haven't had a policy in a few years and lost your bonus but were driving under the missus insurance for example, you'd get the benefit of that driving experience when you go to get your own policy again anyway. At least with the majority of companies you will
Some people just deserve a slap
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 11:44am
Is online the best place to get car insurance instead of the store?

After searching around i found 123.ie to be the cheapest but was wandering if there's anywhere cheaper than them?
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 11:55am
Had to renew car insurance there last week.Was with Allianz.850e last year.I have a full Irish license for 20 years,no points and drive a 1.4 litre car.Thats a fairly hefty slice of wedge as it was and then they wanted 950e off me this year.

I rang around and eventually got 650e from Chill.The only way to sort this is to ring around,spend an afternoon at it.
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 2:12pm
Kimbap would it not be cheaper to do online? I'm in a similar position regarding full Irish license, no points and 10+ years experience. The cheapest i got yesterday online with a 1.4L car was €490 from 123.ie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
  Share Topic